Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Problem shmat in HP-UX Titanium ia64. EINVAL Error Post 302340398 by dairby on Monday 3rd of August 2009 10:33:42 AM
Old 08-03-2009
I donīt know if iīm usuing MPAS process. How can I know it ?

---------- Post updated at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:04 PM ----------

Resolved problem:

cc DemoIPC.c -o -N DemoIPC
DemoIPC
chatr +as mpas DemoIPC

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

shmat() permission denied, what's this?

I have installed an application that runs correctly for root but not other users. The application generates an error that indicates users don't have permission to attach to shared memory. A daemon process creates the shared memory segment. I've checked every permission I can think of but nothing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: km4hr
2 Replies

2. Programming

shmat problem

The first shmat in my program cannot fetch the start address of the shared memory. #include <stdio.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/ipc.h> #include <sys/shm.h> int main(int argc,char *argv) { int pid; key_t mykey; int shmid; long *shm; long *shm2; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yong
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP-UX 11.23 ia64 and Glance

I've been searching and cannot seem to find anywhere online a link to a manual for Glance. Does anyone have a link to this? I searched in here already and the links I found on a post from 2002 were dead. And more to the point, do you know if you can use Glance to see Disk I/O per logical... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LisaS
2 Replies

4. AIX

sharemem-f-shmat

Hi, I got this error from AIX 4.3.3/db2 7: * %SHAREMEM-F-SHMAT Error getting PUTPARM shared memory address , shmid=23029 * * 3630, errno=13 Anybody who know how to fix this? Thanks in advance, itik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem shmat in HP-UX. EINVAL Error

I have a process that need two active connections to the same zone of shared memory. But when i do the second call to shmat it give me error 22 (EINVAL). Only works ok the second call to shmat if i disconnect the first connection (shmdt) In Sun,AIX and Digital, i donīt have this problem. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dairby
7 Replies

6. SuSE

problem of readdir on IA64 suse

Dear Experts, i am trying to find whether the given name is file or a directory dirp = opendir(dirname); direntp = readdir(dirp); if(direntp->d_type & DT_DIR) { printf("\n is a dirctory"); } else { //dir_or_file = Mtrue; printf("\n not a directory"); } it always... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vin_pll
9 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Gbrowse and GD installation in ia64 linux problem facing...

Hi all, I'm trying to install of Gbrowse recently. Unfortunately, I stuck at the step to install GD which are prerequisite for Gbrowse installation. I got try to install it, but it seems like got a lot of error message occurred :( And still can't fix the problem yet. I'm using ia64 linux... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
10 Replies

8. Programming

request_irq always returns EINVAL

request_irq always returns EINVAL What am I doing wrong here ? int mydrvr_open(struct inode *inode, struct file *filp) { int ret; printk("<1> \nModule Opened!"); //disable_irq(4); //free_irq(4, NULL); ret = request_irq(4, &imr_interrupt_handler,IRQF_SHARED,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonpoint
0 Replies

9. Programming

shmat() with fixed address

Hi, I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 on a 64bit machine. In my shmat() call, I want to assign fixed memory address to shmaddr variable. I have no idea which address value to give. Some where in the net I read we can make use of sysproc info to know the user space addresses, but could not figure out how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sajjar
1 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Redhat 4 and X-Fi Titanium not working

Hi, I have a dell T3500 running redhat 4 U8 with a X-Fi Titanium sound card. However alsaconf cant seem to see it. It shows up in lspci: uname -a Linux swlin114 2.6.9-89.0.23.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri Mar 5 23:27:13 EST 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux 01:00.0 Audio device: Creative Labs... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris.lewis28
2 Replies
SHMAT(2)						      BSD System Calls Manual							  SHMAT(2)

NAME
shmat, shmdt -- map/unmap shared memory SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/shm.h> void * shmat(int shmid, const void *shmaddr, int shmflg); int shmdt(const void *shmaddr); DESCRIPTION
shmat() maps the shared memory segment associated with the shared memory identifier shmid into the address space of the calling process. The address at which the segment is mapped is determined by the shmaddr parameter. If it is equal to 0, the system will pick an address itself. Otherwise, an attempt is made to map the shared memory segment at the address shmaddr specifies. If SHM_RND is set in shmflg, the system will round the address down to a multiple of SHMLBA bytes (SHMLBA is defined in <sys/shm.h> ). A shared memory segment can be mapped read-only by specifying the SHM_RDONLY flag in shmflg. shmdt() unmaps the shared memory segment that is currently mapped at shmaddr from the calling process' address space. shmaddr must be a value returned by a prior shmat() call. A shared memory segment will remain existant until it is removed by a call to shmctl(2) with the IPC_RMID command. RETURN VALUES
shmat() returns the address at which the shared memory segment has been mapped into the calling process' address space when successful, shmdt() returns 0 on successful completion. Otherwise, a value of -1 is returned, and the global variable errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The shmat() system call will fail if: [EACCES] The calling process has no permission to access this shared memory segment. [EINVAL] shmid is not a valid shared memory identifier. shmaddr specifies an illegal address. [EMFILE] The number of shared memory segments has reached the system-wide limit. [ENOMEM] There is not enough available data space for the calling process to map the shared memory segment. The shmdt() system call will fail if: [EINVAL] shmaddr is not the start address of a mapped shared memory segment. LEGACY SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/ipc.h> #include <sys/shm.h> The include files <sys/types.h> and <sys/ipc.h> are necessary for both functions. SEE ALSO
mmap(2), shmctl(2), shmget(2), compat(5) BSD
August 17, 1995 BSD