Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Gentoo Gentoo on ppc with GXT6500P Gfx? Post 302340387 by acrux on Monday 3rd of August 2009 09:49:59 AM
Old 08-03-2009
it's available a 64bit ISO of CRUX PPC 2.5.
Bootkernel is already patched to work with gxt4000p/6000p and gxt4500p/6500p video cards.

have fun!

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rogue PPC RPm

Hello, i need to Rogue RPm for PPC, anybody knows where i can get it? Thanks. i am new to Unix, thats why ia m postin here. Thank you! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ro'Taygahn
3 Replies

2. Linux

Redhat Linux 8 gfx card prob

hi guys, i have just installed Redhat Linux 8 on my home computer and it doesn't have the valid driver for my Radeon 9800 xt have looked about for it and can't find the driver. My computer works fine in a way, i can use it, but it would just be nice to have it set up fully correct so i can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SemperFi
0 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Which GFX driver version am I'm using under Ubuntu 7.04?

I just did a fresh install of Ubuntu 7.04 with a Gnome desktop. Following some instructions on the ATI site I think I just managed to install 8.36.5 of the drivers for my Radeon 9500, I'm getting a "Proprietary Drivers in use" warning icon at the top right of the screen, which I activated with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mark Ward
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

Fedora 12 on PPC

I'm trying to install a linux system on a IBM PowerPC 275 system. I noticed that fedora 12 supports PowerPC. Does anyone have experience with this? I don't want to pay the fee for an enterprise licence for red hat or suse. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Issues after moving gfx card

Hello, I have a Sun V880 and a raptor gfx -8p today i installed a lsi card and had to use the pci slot that the gfx was using as it needed a 5v rail, after doing so i did a reconfigure boot with boot -r and now i no longer have a functioning display Im probably missing something simple,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xccxcc
3 Replies
__PPC_SET_PPR_MED(3)					     LinuxProgrammer's Manual					      __PPC_SET_PPR_MED(3)

NAME
__ppc_set_ppr_med, __ppc_set_ppr_very_low, __ppc_set_ppr_low, __ppc_set_ppr_med_low, __ppc_set_ppr_med_high - Set the Program Priority Reg- ister SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/platform/ppc.h> void __ppc_set_ppr_med(void); void __ppc_set_ppr_very_low(void); void __ppc_set_ppr_low(void); void __ppc_set_ppr_med_low(void); void __ppc_set_ppr_med_high(void); DESCRIPTION
These functions provide access to the Program Priority Register (PPR) on the Power architecture. The PPR is a 64-bit register that controls the program's priority. By adjusting the PPR value the programmer may improve system throughput by causing system resources to be used more efficiently, especially in contention situations. The available unprivileged states are cov- ered by the following functions: * __ppc_set_ppr_med() sets the Program Priority Register value to medium (default). * __ppc_set_ppr_very_low() sets the Program Priority Register value to very low. * __ppc_set_ppr_low() sets the Program Priority Register value to low. * __ppc_set_ppr_med_low() sets the Program Priority Register value to medium low. The privileged state medium high may also be set during certain time intervals by problem-state (unprivileged) programs, with the following function: * __ppc_set_ppr_med_high() sets the Program Priority to medium high. If the program priority is medium high when the time interval expires or if an attempt is made to set the priority to medium high when it is not allowed, the priority is set to medium. VERSIONS
The functions __ppc_set_ppr_med(), __ppc_set_ppr_low() and __ppc_set_ppr_med_low() are provided by glibc since version 2.18. The functions __ppc_set_ppr_very_low() and __ppc_set_ppr_med_high() first appeared in glibc in version 2.23. ATTRIBUTES
For an explanation of the terms used in this section, see attributes(7). +---------------------------+---------------+---------+ |Interface | Attribute | Value | +---------------------------+---------------+---------+ |__ppc_set_ppr_med(), | Thread safety | MT-Safe | |__ppc_set_ppr_very_low(), | | | |__ppc_set_ppr_low(), | | | |__ppc_set_ppr_med_low(), | | | |__ppc_set_ppr_med_high() | | | +---------------------------+---------------+---------+ CONFORMING TO
These functions are nonstandard GNU extensions. NOTES
The functions __ppc_set_ppr_very_low() and __ppc_set_ppr_med_high() will be defined by <sys/platform/ppc.h> if _ARCH_PWR8 is defined. Availability of these functions can be tested using #ifdef _ARCH_PWR8. SEE ALSO
__ppc_yield(3) Power ISA, Book II - Section 3.1 (Program Priority Registers) GNU C Library 2017-09-15 __PPC_SET_PPR_MED(3)