Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find a sub chain in a file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find a sub chain in a file Post 302340365 by Meldawa on Monday 3rd of August 2009 09:14:54 AM
Old 08-03-2009
Thanks Yogesh, you're the best Smilie

That's exactly what i wanted.

Have a good day !

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to chain some commands together

Hey, I am fiddling with a little script to kill a certain program if it freezes. Basically I want to do something like this: ps -A | grep firefox-bin | read -d ' ' pid kill $pid The problem lies when I pipe the output of grep into read. That part does not seem to work the way I want... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kermit
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Building a ppc476 enabled GCC cross compiler and tool chain

Building a ppc476 enabled GCC cross compiler and tool chain Hello, I am trying to build a cross GCC compiler for PPC476. I applied all the relevant patches. Cross compiler build was successful. When i try to compile the source code using the cross compiler i am getting the below error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghuhb
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it possible to extract a certificate chain?

Hi all! I wanted to look at the key length of a certificate chain we have. When I do the conventional export command using keytool I will only get the end user cert. keytool -export -alias aliasname -file filename.cer -keystore keystorename The above code will only give me the end user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keepcase
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[solved] Killing 3rd command in ssh chain

Hi All, Noob question here... How do I kill the 3rd command in this ssh chain effectively? # ssh -t -t 10.80.0.5 'ssh 10.80.0.6 | /var/tmp/some_script' The "/var/tmp/some_script" contains: ssh 10.80.0.81 'echo "Hello World!!!!" >> /tmp/sample.txt'The problem is that once the sample.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NYG71
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[SOLVED] No INPUT chain on nat table in iptables

Hello, I'm having problem with an iptables rule. It seems that on one of two systems on the nat table, the INPUT chain doesn't exist for some strange reason. I get the error below: # iptables -t nat -A INPUT -j ACCEPT iptables: No chain/target/match by that name. Here is my kernel on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
0 Replies

6. Ubuntu

forward packet from input chain to output

Hi, I receive a packet at input chain of iptables in filter table. How can i forward that same packet exactly to the output chain of the iptables in filter table. I need this help desperately. Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsipk
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Editing iptables rules with custom chain

Hello, I have iptables service running on my CentOS5 server. It has approx 50 rules right now. The problem I am facing now is as follows - I have to define a new chain in the filter table, say DOS_RULES & add all rules in this chain starting from index number 15 in the filter table. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BhushanPathak
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Logging Aggregator and Reporting For a Chain

Hello, I'am lerning Powershell and have this task. can anyone help? Imagine a fitness studio chain that operates different studios in Munich. Every studio has been given a Windows server that operates the entry of studio clients via a key-card (NFC) and it also operates the cashier at the bar... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akotb
1 Replies
CHSH(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           CHSH(1)

NAME
chsh - change login shell SYNOPSIS
chsh [options] [LOGIN] DESCRIPTION
The chsh command changes the user login shell. This determines the name of the user's initial login command. A normal user may only change the login shell for her own account; the superuser may change the login shell for any account. OPTIONS
The options which apply to the chsh command are: -h, --help Display help message and exit. -R, --root CHROOT_DIR Apply changes in the CHROOT_DIR directory and use the configuration files from the CHROOT_DIR directory. -s, --shell SHELL The name of the user's new login shell. Setting this field to blank causes the system to select the default login shell. If the -s option is not selected, chsh operates in an interactive fashion, prompting the user with the current login shell. Enter the new value to change the shell, or leave the line blank to use the current one. The current shell is displayed between a pair of [ ] marks. NOTE
The only restriction placed on the login shell is that the command name must be listed in /etc/shells, unless the invoker is the superuser, and then any value may be added. An account with a restricted login shell may not change her login shell. For this reason, placing /bin/rsh in /etc/shells is discouraged since accidentally changing to a restricted shell would prevent the user from ever changing her login shell back to its original value. FILES
/etc/passwd User account information. /etc/shells List of valid login shells. /etc/login.defs Shadow password suite configuration. SEE ALSO
chfn(1), login.defs(5), passwd(5). shadow-utils 4.5 01/25/2018 CHSH(1)