Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris solaris 10 u5 what happens if no default route configured Post 302340333 by jlliagre on Monday 3rd of August 2009 08:29:37 AM
Old 08-03-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeNuke2
i haven't said that defaultrouter is the only way to configure routes. but if you don't specify a router solaris fills the routing table via rip (as you correctly said).
Indeed. I was actually replying to the previous posters.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Route for Solaris 8

Hello Dear Friends, I'm here again I need to know where is the permanent file for gateway configuration. I did the following command route add -net 0.0.0.0 5.0.0.3 ( My Gateway), but when i restart my computer i have to do it again. What the file can i set the permanent configuration for my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: themask
1 Replies

2. Solaris

setting a route in Solaris

I am having problems getting this to work, though it seems like it would be simple. I have a host with 2 interfaces, hme0 (192.168.0.132) for the primary interface, and hme1 (192.168.0.16) for backups. I want it to talk to the backup host, which is 192.168.0.21, across the hme1 interface. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
2 Replies

3. Solaris

SOLARIS does not route

hi, i installed solaris 9 on an SPARC server with two network interfaces. behind each interface is a small lan. i can reach every computer in every lan using one of the other interface when i am logged in the solaris. but if a computer from one lan has to connect to a computer on the other lan,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bong02
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris Route configuraion

Hi, Any one can help me in this below mentioned issue I am facing in my solaris server? here the scenario goes.... i have multiple segments in my LAN like remote csr, database, production etc. and all the segments are configured in Windows/CISCo network. from my all system in remote... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Praan
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Route new network interface Solaris 8

Hi there, I'm trying to configure an additional network interface on Solaris 8 (eri0). The interface has been activated, but all the frames are still routed to the current default interface (ce0) I've tried following command (with various syntaxes...) unsuccessfully so far: # route add... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreiniche
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Default route is configured, but seem to not work

Hiya, I got the default gateway set in /etc/defaultrouter file, however "netstat -nr" doesn't show anything like "default" in the routing table. As far as I know "netstat" on Solaris 10 u7 should show something like : Routing Table: IPv4 Destination Gateway Flags Ref ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomSu
8 Replies

7. Solaris

Add route to solaris 10

I need to add a new route on solaris10 machine. I want that all traffic on the 23 port (telnet) use 192.168.200.1 gateway. How I do ? Thank you in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arfry
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Couldn't add route on Solaris 10

Hi Solaris Experts, I am trying to add a routing table entry on our 5.1 Generic_144488-12 sun4v sparc Solaris 10 SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T5220 so that it is possible to ping 10.56.9.34 node # netstat -rnv IRE Table: IPv4 Destination Mask Gateway Device Mxfrg Rtt Ref Flg Out In/Fwd ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjackson123
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Default route issue in share local zone in Solaris 11

Hi We took the reboot of server/global zone after that Solaris 11 share local zone not able to ping the default gateway but global zone able to ping same default gateway. I check/compare the before activity logs of global zone and local zones which looks fine to me, further IP and netmask of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
6 Replies
defaultrouter(4)						   File Formats 						  defaultrouter(4)

NAME
defaultrouter - configuration file for default router(s) SYNOPSIS
/etc/defaultrouter DESCRIPTION
The /etc/defaultrouter file specifies a IPv4 host's default router(s). The format of the file is as follows: IP_address ... The /etc/defaultrouter file can contain the IP addresses or hostnames of one or more default routers, with each entry on its own line. If you use hostnames, each hostname must also be listed in the local /etc/hosts file, because no name services are running at the time that defaultrouter is read. Lines beginning with the ``#'' character are treated as comments. The default routes listed in this file replace those added by the kernel during diskless booting. An empty /etc/defaultrouter file will cause the default route added by the kernel to be deleted. Use of a default route, whether received from a DHCP server or from /etc/defaultrouter, prevents a machine from acting as an IPv4 router. You can use routeadm(1M) to override this behavior. FILES
/etc/defaultrouter Configuration file containing the hostnames or IP addresses of one or more default routers. SEE ALSO
in.rdisc(1M), in.routed(1M), routeadm(1M), hosts(4) SunOS 5.10 17 Aug 2004 defaultrouter(4)