Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix Security - SU logs
Operating Systems HP-UX Unix Security - SU logs Post 302340329 by indraseng on Monday 3rd of August 2009 08:19:03 AM
Old 08-03-2009
Unix Security - SU logs

Hi,
Hope its good with everyone.

I have the below su logs and i dont understand the bolded numbers. can someone help me please.

Jul 24 11:55:50 su: - 8 username
Jul 24 12:12:40 su: - 10 username
Jul 26 11:15:32 su: - 7 username

I understand these are failed logins but what does that number (8,10,7) indicate??

Thanks for helping.
-Indra

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Clear logs in unix sco 5.0.4

hi my name es juan i have sco open server 5.0.4 release i need clear the log files as wtmp thanks you very much (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jtapia
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Unix - Logs

Hi All, Can anybody tell me, how to trace out user access to the Unix Server Machine, (i,e) I want to find out the user who had executed some commands to alter the cron file. Regards Nag (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag_sundaram
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Logs in Unix

Hi. Is there a way or command (other than netstat) in Unix to find out or get a list a users who FTP into a particular server? Like, say last 1000 users. I need to get the user ID (any info), who FTP to a particular server. netstat gives only the users who have an FTp session currently. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manisendhil
2 Replies

4. Linux

FTP Logs in Linux/Unix

Hi, I need to get a hostory of users who FTP into a server. How can I do it in Linux/Unix? Is there a command for this? I do not want to use netstat -a as it gives only the list of users who have a session currently on the server. Can this be done with the "last" command? Please do let me... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to disable application level logs in Unix?

Hi, I'm working in an application and the related Java code and the envrionment is in Unix server. We are generating the log messages using loggers of Java.util.log . But, the logs are not getting generated in the log files. We feel that the people who developed the system might have done some... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kelangovan
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to view the unix logs in windows ??

Hi ! I have a FTP site, where I softlinked my server log file. Now I want to view the logs in IE as I do in unix Some kind of free tool should be there, Can somebody provide me a pointer. Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP Logs in Unix

Hi. Is there a way or command (other than netstat) in Unix to find out or get a list a users who FTP into a particular server? Like, say last 1000 users. I need to get the user ID (any info), who FTP to a particular server. netstat gives only the users who have an FTp session currently. ... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File transmission logs in UNIX

Can any one give a explaination with examples on how to understand file transmission log files in Unix for inbound and outbound traffic. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ITDev01
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with UNIX logs file

I'm working on Logs Management System. it requires from all Unix servers to send their logs files to a specific (IP, Port). Please help me to get the right conf on logs files to send them to that IP and port. Any suggestions are highly appreciated. :o:o (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinan adra
0 Replies
libssh2_userauth_password_ex(3) 				  libssh2 manual				   libssh2_userauth_password_ex(3)

NAME
libssh2_userauth_password_ex - authenticate a session with username and password SYNOPSIS
#include <libssh2.h> int libssh2_userauth_password_ex(LIBSSH2_SESSION *session, const char *username, unsigned int username_len, const char *password, unsigned int password_len, LIBSSH2_PASSWD_CHANGEREQ_FUNC((*passwd_change_cb))); #define libssh2_userauth_password(session, username, password) libssh2_userauth_password_ex((session), (username), strlen(username), (password), strlen(password), NULL) DESCRIPTION
session - Session instance as returned by libssh2_session_init_ex(3) username - Name of user to attempt plain password authentication for. username_len - Length of username parameter. password - Password to use for authenticating username. password_len - Length of password parameter. passwd_change_cb - If the host accepts authentication but requests that the password be changed, this callback will be issued. If no call- back is defined, but server required password change, authentication will fail. Attempt basic password authentication. Note that many SSH servers which appear to support ordinary password authentication actually have it disabled and use Keyboard Interactive authentication (routed via PAM or another authentication backed) instead. RETURN VALUE
Return 0 on success or negative on failure. It returns LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN when it would otherwise block. While LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN is a negative number, it isn't really a failure per se. ERRORS
Some of the errors this function may return include: LIBSSH2_ERROR_ALLOC - An internal memory allocation call failed. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_SEND - Unable to send data on socket. LIBSSH2_ERROR_PASSWORD_EXPIRED - IBSSH2_ERROR_AUTHENTICATION_FAILED - failed, invalid username/password or public/private key. SEE ALSO
libssh2_session_init_ex(3) libssh2 0.15 1 Jun 2007 libssh2_userauth_password_ex(3)