Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users edit volume id of an iso file ? Post 302340278 by thegeek on Monday 3rd of August 2009 06:47:31 AM
Old 08-03-2009
edit volume id of an iso file ?

Is there any command in Linux available to edit the ISO file's volume id ?

I know while creating an ISO we can give the volume id using -V option as
mkisofs -V "Your Disk Title" -o image.iso FILES

But once after creating the iso file i would want to edit it. Because i want to find the md5sum of the ISO file, and store it there.

How to edit the Volume id of an ISO file.

Code:
Volume id: Your Disk Title

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Edit an ISO / dd file?

Just trying to come up with a solution to something I'm trying... Does anyone know if it's possible to edit the contents of an ISO image? Or a file created using the dd command? What am I trying to do? - Well, I had the idea that if I took the FreeBSD "mini.iso" - I could strip out the bits... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: WIntellect
4 Replies

2. SCO

making an iso file...

can i make an iso file from my DAT tape? pref .ISO? the thing is .. i have an 5.0.7 and a complete backup of hd (cpio cmd) on to tape (find . -depth -print | cpio -oVcB -C 20480 -O /dev/rStp0) that i made after booting from boot&root floppies now i want to take this backup and dump it on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: asafronit
5 Replies

3. Solaris

How to resize mirror volume in veritas volume manager 3.5 on Solaris 9 OE

Hi all, I have a problem with vxvm volume which is mirror with two disks. when i am try to increase file system, it is throwing an ERROR: can not allocate 5083938 blocks, ERROR: can not able to run vxassist on this volume. Please find a sutable solutions. Thanks and Regards B. Nageswar... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nageswarb
0 Replies

4. AIX

Basic Filesystem / Physical Volume / Logical Volume Check

Hi! Can anyone help me on how I can do a basic check on the Unix filesystems / physical volumes and logical volumes? What items should I check, like where do I look at in smit? Or are there commands that I should execute? I need to do this as I was informed by IBM that there seems to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chipahoys
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VERITAS Volume Manager - mirror a disk/volume

I have a machine (5.10 Generic_142900-03 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V210) that we are upgrading the storage and my task is to mirror what is already on the machine to the new disk. I have the disk, it is labeled and ready but I am not sure of the next steps to mirror the existing diskgroup and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rookieuxixsa
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to make boot.iso image from rhel6 installation dvd iso ?

Hello Everyone, Can anyone let me know how to make minimal boot.iso from rhl6 installation dvd iso image. I have a dvd image with me but i want to make just a minimal boot media. Somehow it is not shipped with dvd iso. I know we can download boot.iso from redhat site but is there any anyway we... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohit Bhanot
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Confusion Regarding Physical Volume,Volume Group,Logical Volume,Physical partition

Hi, I am new to unix. I am working on Red Hat Linux and side by side on AIX also. After reading the concepts of Storage, I am now really confused regarding the terminologies 1)Physical Volume 2)Volume Group 3)Logical Volume 4)Physical Partition Please help me to understand these concepts. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashifsd17
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a volume group, logical volume group and file system?

hi, I want to create a volume group of 200 GB and then create different file systems on that. please help me out. Its becomes confusing when the PP calculating PP. I don't understand this concept. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamaldev
2 Replies

9. Ubuntu

.ISO file extension

I am hoping that someone will give me information on opening and installing Ubuntu to run beside Windows 7 on my computer. I downloaded Ubuntu-14.04-desktop-i386, but it came as an .ISO file, and I have no idea how to open it to install it. Please Help. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnBaxter
7 Replies

10. Red Hat

No space in volume group. How to create a file system using existing logical volume

Hello Guys, I want to create a file system dedicated for an application installation. But there is no space in volume group to create a new logical volume. There is enough space in other logical volume which is being mounted on /var. I know we can use that logical volume and create a virtual... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies
ISO-INFO(1)							   User Commands						       ISO-INFO(1)

NAME
iso-info - manual page for iso-info version 0.83 i686-pc-linux-gnu SYNOPSIS
iso-info OPTION... Shows Information about an ISO 9660 image. DESCRIPTION
-d, --debug=INT Set debugging to LEVEL -i, --input[=FILE] Filename to read ISO-9960 image from -f Generate output similar to 'find . -print' -l, --iso9660 Generate output similar to 'ls -lR' --no-header Don't display header and copyright (for regression testing) --no-joliet Don't use Joliet-extension information --no-rock-ridge Don't use Rock-Ridge-extension information --no-xa Don't use XA-extension information -q, --quiet Don't produce warning output -V, --version display version and copyright information and exit Help options: -?, --help Show this help message --usage Display brief usage message AUTHOR
Rocky Bernstein <rocky@gnu.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2011 R. Bernstein This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Have driver: GNU/Linux ioctl and MMC driver Have driver: cdrdao (TOC) disk image driver Have driver: bin/cuesheet disk image driver Have driver: Nero NRG disk image driver Default CD-ROM device: /dev/scd0 SEE ALSO
cd-info(1) for information about an ISO-9660 image. cd-read(1) to read portions of an ISO 9660 image. iso-info version 0.83 i686-pc-linux-gnu October 2011 ISO-INFO(1)