Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to extract a substring and append to subsequent lines Post 302340191 by summer_cherry on Monday 3rd of August 2009 03:35:57 AM
Old 08-03-2009
Code:
perl -ne '{if(/DETAIL([0-9]{7})/){$id=$1;print;next;} print $id,$_;}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace only 1st word of a line if it comes in the subsequent lines at same postion.

I have a file like this.. Maharastra Mumbai worli Maharastra Mumbai navy maharatra Pune Maharastra Nagpur Karnataka Bangalore Karnataka Mysore Karnataka Mangalore Punjab Amritsar punjab Jalandar my expected outcome should be like this Maharastra Mumbai worli ---------- ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: geeko
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search for keywords in subsequent lines

Hi all, I am looking for a coomand to search for the keywords in susequenct lines. Keyword1 in a line and Keyword2 in the very next line. Once i found the combination ineed to print the lines with patterns and the line above and one below. I am giving an example here: Keywords are :ERROR and... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search for keyword in subsequent lines and delete the second line

I have my data something like this I need to search for the keyword yyyy in the susequent lines and if it is present, delete the second line with keyword. In other words, if a keywords is found in two subsequent lines delete the second line. input data: aaaa bbbbb cccc dddd xxxx... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep and fetch subsequent lines also

Hi, I need to grep a pattern and fetch subsequent lines till end of the data-set. E.g., i have a file like: AA 1111 23 34 BB 45 56 78 CC 22 44 AA 2222 78 34 56 BB 22 56 67 68 23 CC 56 78 DD 33 55 77 AA 3333 46 BB 58 79 In above file i have 3-data sets where each set starts with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find pattern, and then last field from subsequent lines

I've got a log file, of the format Name: network1 Dropped packets: 15618 Dropped packets for IPv6: 27 Dropped packets: 74 Dropped packets for IPv6: 0 Failed RADIUS Authentication procedures: 0 Failed RADIUS Accounting procedures: 0 Name: network2 Dropped packets: 1117 ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yorkie99
18 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

awk if/substring/append help

Hi All, I need some help with an awk command: What I'm trying to do is append "MYGROUP: " to text with the substring "AT_" the input file follows this format: AT_xxxxxx Name1 Name2 AT_xxxxxx NameA NameB I want the output to be: MYGROUP: AT_xxxxx Name1 Name2 MYGROUP:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bikecraft
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - use fields from subsequent lines

I've run into a problem getting exactly what I want out of awk - some folks may recognize this as an output from Amazon's ec2-describe-instances: Given the following: INSTANCE i-4960f321 BLOCKDEVICE Line2Var2 TAG instance i-4960f321 Name web1 TAG instance i-4960f321... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: colinjohnson
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need command for grepping pattern lines with subsequent lines

Hi, I have a requirement like, I have a list of pattens in a file say pattern.txt, PHC111 PHC113 and in another file called master.lst i have entries like, PHC111 a b PHC112 a PHC113 b c PHC114 d e (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbalaj16
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To append new data at the end of each line based on substring of last column

Hi guys, I need to append new data at the end of each line of the files. This new data is based on substring (3rd fields) of last column. Input file xxx.csv: U1234|1-5X|orange|1-5X|Act|1-5X|0.1 /sac/orange 12345 0 U5678|1-7X|grape|1-7X|Act|1-7X|0.1 /sac/grape 5678 0... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: null7
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append data with substring of nth column fields using awk

Hi guys, I have problem to append new data at the end of each line of the files where it takes whole value of the nth column. My expected result i just want to take a specific value only. This new data is based on substring of 11th, 12th 13th column that has comma seperated value. My code: awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: null7
4 Replies
CPANPLUS::Shell(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					CPANPLUS::Shell(3)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Shell - base class for CPANPLUS shells SYNOPSIS
use CPANPLUS::Shell; # load the shell indicated by your # config -- defaults to # CPANPLUS::Shell::Default use CPANPLUS::Shell qw[Classic] # load CPANPLUS::Shell::Classic; my $ui = CPANPLUS::Shell->new(); my $name = $ui->which; # Find out what shell you loaded $ui->shell; # run the ui shell DESCRIPTION
This module is the generic loading (and base class) for all "CPANPLUS" shells. Through this module you can load any installed "CPANPLUS" shell. Just about all the functionality is provided by the shell that you have loaded, and not by this class (which merely functions as a generic loading class), so please consult the documentation of your shell of choice. BUG REPORTS
Please report bugs or other issues to <bug-cpanplus@rt.cpan.org<gt>. AUTHOR
This module by Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
The CPAN++ interface (of which this module is a part of) is copyright (c) 2001 - 2007, Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you may redistribute and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default, CPANPLUS::Shell::Classic, cpanp perl v5.16.3 2013-05-20 CPANPLUS::Shell(3)