Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Allignment
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Allignment Post 302340183 by Shazin on Monday 3rd of August 2009 03:28:56 AM
Old 08-03-2009
Hi Anchal,

Many thanks, also please can you describe how this command will work as I have never worked with awk.

Best Regards,
Shazin

---------- Post updated at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:39 PM ----------

Hi Anchal,

Also it is giving Syntax error. Please can you help.

Best Regards,
Shazin

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Allignment of lines in a file

Hi All, I am using the below scrit to insert lines in a file: #!/bin/ksh # To delete the last line if it contains the pattern Redirect permanent / Virgin Atlantic Airways - Popup echo "Enter the URL that should point to the particular microsite" read url # To delete the last line if it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shazin
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

linux 'paste' allignment problem

Hi Everyone, # cat 1 #!/usr/bin/perl print "c\tc\t\n"; # cat 2 #!/usr/bin/perl print "b\tb\t\n"; print "b\tb\t\n"; print "b\tb\t\n"; # perl 1 > 11 # perl 2 > 22 # cat 11 c c # cat 22 b b b b b b # paste 11 22 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text allignment using PERL

Hi Friends, For daily reports i make perl script like below. @dirlist = `cat out.txt |cut -d "|" -f1 >create.txt`; @dirlist1 = `cat out.txt|wc -l *e* >create2.txt`; open FILE, ">OUTPUT.txt"; @command = `cat out.txt |cut -d "|" -f1`; print FILE map{$_-2 ."\n"}@command; @dirlist2 =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adaleru
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output allignment

Hi Guys, I hope you are doing good out there. I am facing some issues in the alligment of the output of a shell script. Below is the statement which is formatting the output:echo $File | awk -F '' '{print $13,$15="\t"$16,$4="",$5,$6,$7}' and its output is Domain Log file ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: singh.chandan18
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - script help: column to row format of data allignment?

Experts Good day, I have the following data, file1 BRAAGRP1 A2X B2X C2X D2X BRBGRP12 A3X B3X Z10 D09 BRC1GRP2 LO01 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Allignment input file

Guys, I have a requirement as below 36%/ 55%/var 82%/tmp 74%/opt now i want the output to be --------------------------------- Disk% Mount --------------------------------- 36% / 55% var 82% tmp 74% opt ---------------------------------------- I have used... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AraR87
3 Replies
HEAD(1) 								FSF								   HEAD(1)

NAME
head - output the first part of files SYNOPSIS
head [OPTION]... [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
Print first 10 lines of each FILE to standard output. With more than one FILE, precede each with a header giving the file name. With no FILE, or when FILE is -, read standard input. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -c, --bytes=SIZE print first SIZE bytes -n, --lines=NUMBER print first NUMBER lines instead of first 10 -q, --quiet, --silent never print headers giving file names -v, --verbose always print headers giving file names --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit SIZE may have a multiplier suffix: b for 512, k for 1K, m for 1 Meg. AUTHOR
Written by David MacKenzie. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-coreutils@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for head is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and head programs are properly installed at your site, the command info head should give you access to the complete manual. head (coreutils) 4.5.3 February 2003 HEAD(1)