Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Assembler for Solaris
Operating Systems Solaris Assembler for Solaris Post 302340120 by TonyFullerMalv on Sunday 2nd of August 2009 06:11:33 PM
Old 08-02-2009
Or let us all know what you found?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

mainframe assembler file into Unix

Hi, I have received a mainframe file ( VSAM file ) . I would like to handle that file in Unix. i.e I would like to take the last record of the file. I have given wc -l <file_name> , it gives 0 lines. Even though It has some lines , it is not giving count exactly. When I gave file <file_name>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thambi
1 Replies

2. Programming

How to use assembler (as) in UNIX? [I got errors using assembler]

Hi, folks, I have a simple program main.c. The program is very simple, just for testing purpose. The program was proven correct by using "gcc". Now I would compile it step by step from main.c to main.o. Here is what I did: cpp main.c main.i <This step succeeded> cc main.i -o... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: meili100
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Assembler compiler

Hi All, Now recently semi-retired and needing some mental stimulation. As an ex VMS person I used to use the assembly language compiler that came with VMS. I know that my flavour of Unix (True64 / Digital Unix) comes with a C compiler but is there an assembler lurking in there? Have checked the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roslynlea
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

assembler error message

assembler messages for reading open no such file or directory :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjyotdk
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading hex data from assembler

Hi, I have files that has got ebcdic character set and also, there are fields like binary and hex fields. is there a way to convert this to normal ascii data by taking care of comp & comp-3 fields? Many Thanks!! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
10 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)