Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Reading ELF file Symbol table of C++ program Post 302340019 by matrixmadhan on Saturday 1st of August 2009 09:09:55 PM
Old 08-01-2009
Please use CODE tags

How did you read the symbol table - dlopen and dlsym?
Check this link,

elf(3ELF) - object file access library (man pages section 3: Extended Library Functions) - Sun Microsystems

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

no symbol table

Hi@all, I try to compile c code on hpux 11.11 pa-risc 2 with gcc (32bit). I compile with the option -g, so that I get the symbol table, but it is not available. Does someone knows something on this? thx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dom_Cyrus
2 Replies

2. Programming

how to view symbol table in unix

hi , How to view the contents of a "c" program symbol table information in unix. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saravanan_nitt
1 Replies

3. Programming

ELF-string table

hello everybody! I want to read the string table of an object file(which is in ELF format). I get the sh_name value but i cant find a way to read the value in the string table that this index represent. I program in C. thanx a lot folks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicos
3 Replies

4. Linux

Reading ELF file Symbol table of C++ program

Folks, I have some program(Test.cpp) as follows, #include<iostream> class Abc { private: int _theVar; public : int printVar(); }; int Abc :: printVar() { _theVar=10; } main() { Abc _t; (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinod_chitrali
0 Replies

5. Programming

Symbol table of a C program

Hi, is there any command to see symbol table info. will it show where its allocating memory for varibales golbals & locals and code.(i mean the segments). i read there is a section called read only data segment and this is where initialized data such as strings stores. i have wriiten the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrUser
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading from a file a background program writes to

Hi! #!/usr/bin/env bash rm tmpcomm nc -v -u -l 444 | hexdump -b > tmpcomm while : do read l1 < tmpcomm read l2 < tmpcomm read l3 < tmpcomm read l4 < tmpcomm # do something doneI start netcat in the background and listen for an incoming conncetion. All incoming... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: torax123
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script for reading table format data from file.

Hi, i need a perl script which reads the file, content is given below. and output in new file. TARGET DRIVE IO1 IO2 IO3 IO4 IO5 ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- 0a.1.8 266 236 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asak
3 Replies

8. Programming

How to prevent a C++ program reading a file that is still being written to.?

Hi, Hopefully someone can help. We have a process that writes a file using Connect Direct to our local Solaris server and then our C++ program will pick up the file and process it. Unfortunately, because of the size of the file, the C++ program is processing the file before it has finished... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris01010
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

1. This will insert the records into db table by reading from ta csv file

I have this code with me but the condition is If any of the mandatory columns are null then entire file will be rejected. LOAD DATA infile ' ' #specifies the name of a datafile containing data that you want to load BADFILE ' ' #specifies the name of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raka123
1 Replies

10. Programming

Search the symbol table of a child process

Hi, I am a newbie in Linux land, and I have a question about programming parent/child process interaction: How do I search the value of a symbol in the child process? Is it possible? I am doing a fork() and execve() to spawn any child possible, and I need something on the parent side to... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: alphakili
12 Replies
GELF_NEWPHDR(3) 					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					   GELF_NEWPHDR(3)

NAME
elf32_newphdr, elf64_newphdr, gelf_newphdr -- allocate an ELF program header table LIBRARY
ELF Access Library (libelf, -lelf) SYNOPSIS
#include <libelf.h> Elf32_Phdr * elf32_newphdr(Elf *elf, size_t count); Elf64_Phdr * elf64_newphdr(Elf *elf, size_t count); #include <gelf.h> void * gelf_newphdr(Elf *elf, size_t count); DESCRIPTION
These functions allocate an ELF Program Header table for an ELF descriptor. Elf32_Phdr and Elf64_Phdr descriptors are described further in elf(5). Functions elf32_newphdr() and elf64_newphdr() allocate a table of count Elf32_Phdr and Elf64_Phdr descriptors respectively, discarding any existing program header table already present in the ELF descriptor elf. A value of zero for argument count may be used to delete an exist- ing program header table from an ELF descriptor. Function gelf_newphdr() will return a table of Elf32_Phdr or Elf64_Phdr with count elements depending on the ELF class of ELF descriptor elf. The functions set the ELF_F_DIRTY flag on the program header table. All members of the returned array of Phdr structures will be initialized to zero. After a successful call to these functions, the pointer returned by a prior call to elf32_getphdr() or elf64_getphdr() on the same descriptor elf will no longer be valid. RETURN VALUES
The functions a valid pointer if successful, or NULL in case an error was encountered. ERRORS
These functions may fail with the following errors: [ELF_E_ARGUMENT] Argument elf was NULL. [ELF_E_ARGUMENT] Argument elf was not a descriptor for an ELF object. [ELF_E_CLASS] ELF descriptor elf was of an unrecognized class. [ELF_E_RESOURCE] An out of memory condition was detected. [ELF_E_SEQUENCE] An executable header was not allocated for ELF descriptor elf before using these APIs. SEE ALSO
elf(3), elf32_getphdr(3), elf32_newehdr(3), elf64_getphdr(3), elf64_newehdr(3), elf_flagphdr(3), elf_getphnum(3), gelf(3), gelf_getphdr(3), gelf_newehdr(3), elf(5) BSD
October 22, 2007 BSD