Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How to attach an excel file in a multipart (mime) mail Post 302339982 by Bill L. on Saturday 1st of August 2009 11:01:16 AM
Old 08-01-2009
give this a try

if you can follow - automatic date - for last month
probably a better way - take a look

ext=_FINAL_s
space=_
year=$(date +%Y)
month=$(date +%m)
monthh=$(date +%h)
day=$(date +%d)

month=$(($month-1))
if [ $month -lt 1 ]
then
year=$(($year-1))
month=12
fi

if [ $month -eq 1 ]
then monthd=JAN
elif [ $month -eq 2 ]
then monthd=FEB
elif [ $month -eq 3 ]
then monthd=MAR
elif [ $month -eq 4 ]
then monthd=APR
elif [ $month -eq 5 ]
then monthd=MAY
elif [ $month -eq 6 ]
then monthd=JUN
elif [ $month -eq 7 ]
then monthd=JUL
elif [ $month -eq 8 ]
then monthd=AUG
elif [ $month -eq 9 ]
then monthd=SEP
elif [ $month -eq 10 ]
then monthd=OCT
elif [ $month -eq 11 ]
then monthd=NOV
elif [ $month -eq 12 ]
then monthd=DEC
fi

echo $day
echo $month
echo $monthd

uuencode CP_template_$monthd$space$year$ext.xls < /cqdata10/data_0/CP_template_$
monthd$space$year$ext.html | mailx -m -s "SPECIAL Auto. e-mail - C/P - dq Stats
- for month end $monthd $year - file should be att. - from UNIX "william.g.loughran@yourcompany.com"
Bill L.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to attach a file in mail?

Hi, I want to know how to send a mail in unix using mailx or mail or sendmail to send a mail with a file attached. I have read the answers from the other threads but I still don't understand. I want to do it in the command line as well as in script. Can anyone help? DO I need to use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: firebirdonfire
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to attach an excel file/ dat file thru unix mails

Hi. I want to attach a .xls or .dat file while sending mail thru unix. I have come across diff attachments sending options, but allthose embeds the content in the mail. I want the attachement to be send as such. Please help me out. regards Diwakar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: diwakar82
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to attach a txt file while sending mail

Hi, I need to attach a txt file while sending mail thru Unix. Please help me out in this.. -Charan. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: charan81
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to attach a file & send mail thru script

In shell script how can I attach a file and send a mail. suppose if I written like the following way usr/bin/mail 'subject" "mail_id" < file. a mail goes to the mail-id with the content of file.But I want the file to be atttached to the mail.How can I get it.is there any way for this. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mar1006
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to attach a file in Linux mail command

How to attach a file in Linux mail command Hi Guys, Is there any way to attach a file in Linux mail command without using "uuencode"? i.e. Code: file=/a/b/c/d/file.txtmail -s "Giga aks" abc@123.com <<HDoc`uuencode $file $file 2>/dev/null`HDoc Here, I don;t want to use 'uuencode'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to attach file to mail

Hello, I have a .dat file containing one line. I need a script to read that line and make it part of the body and send a mail... Let's say the line is $line. I need the script to send a mail with the body "The last disposal feed is $line". Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sfetea
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

MIME - HTML mail with Excel attachment - Please help!

#!/bin/ksh ( echo "MIME-Version: 1.0" echo "Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary=frontier" echo "--frontier" echo "Content-Type: text/html" echo "Content-Disposition: inline" echo "\n" echo "<html><body><h1>this is html formatted text</h1></body></html>" echo "--frontier" echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to attach multiple file to send mail command

Hi, i want color effect on mail as well as multiple attachment.I have code but this code is used for single attachment. I am unable to attach more than one file.:wall: I want to send two attachments -ahmed.csv and ahmed1.csv . Sample content: <html> <body> <b> Hi...</b> </body> </html> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AhmedLakadkutta
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX - how to send attach excel in mail

Hi Experts, i need your help here :confused: Need to send a report thru mail using unix shell script(AIX). can you help me to do this? . i tried "uuencode" with CSV format, but while reading report all values are in single column. i need each column values in separate cell. Thanks in... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbieabc
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Construct and Send Multipart MIME Mail

Hi, I have requirment in shell script to incorporate multipart email with both html and text. Here am giving the text version. From: any@email.com To: your@email.com Subject: Success Execution - $company - Apps PO File Report Apps PO File Report Summary: #APPS Purchase... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirankumar
2 Replies
HTML::FormHandler::Field::Date(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       HTML::FormHandler::Field::Date(3pm)

NAME
HTML::FormHandler::Field::Date - a date field with formats VERSION
version 0.40013 SUMMARY
This field may be used with the jQuery Datepicker plugin. You can specify the format for the date using jQuery formatDate strings or DateTime strftime formats. (Default format is format => '%Y-%m-%d'.) d - "%e" - day of month (no leading zero) dd - "%d" - day of month (two digit) o - "%{day_of_year}" - day of the year (no leading zeros) oo - "%j" - day of the year (three digit) D - "%a" - day name short DD - "%A" - day name long m - "%{day_of_month" - month of year (no leading zero) mm - "%m" - month of year (two digit) "%m" M - "%b" - month name short MM - "%B" - month name long y - "%y" - year (two digit) yy - "%Y" - year (four digit) @ - "%s" - Unix timestamp (ms since 01/01/1970) For example: has_field 'start_date' => ( type => 'Date', format => "dd/mm/y" ); or has_field 'start_date' => ( type => 'Date', format => "%d/%m/%y" ); You can also set 'date_end' and 'date_start' attributes for validation of the date range. Use iso_8601 formats for these dates ("yyyy-mm- dd"); has_field 'start_date' => ( type => 'Date', date_start => "2009-12-25" ); Customize error messages 'date_early' and 'date_late': has_field 'start_date' => ( type => 'Date, messages => { date_early => 'Pick a later date', date_late => 'Pick an earlier date', } ); If form has 'is_html5' flag active it will render <input type="date" ... /> instead of type="text" AUTHOR
FormHandler Contributors - see HTML::FormHandler COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Gerda Shank. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-25 HTML::FormHandler::Field::Date(3pm)