Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Backup Exec Agent for Unix
Operating Systems BSD Backup Exec Agent for Unix Post 302339968 by ccc on Saturday 1st of August 2009 08:19:26 AM
Old 08-01-2009
Backup Exec Agent for Unix

Hi

I'd like to backup my freeBSD 7.0 using Backup Exec 12.0
Where to download the Backup Exec Agent for Linux/Unix?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup Exec agent won't start... PLEASE HELP!

Backup Exec Agent won't start.... Question: Has anyone had any previous experience working with Backup exec for Unix? I'm running SCO Openserver 5.0.5 and Backup Exec agent Version 5.01 Revision 5.032 Basically, these are the commands I'm issueing and here is the output. # cd etc # cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PatMcCoy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

./agent for Backup Exec

Does anyone know how to run " ./agent.be & " in the background? I need to keep it running so that Backup Exec can see it. When I log out as root is shuts down the agent. This just started happening after I upgraded my Veritas drivers on my Windows 2000 server. That is my backup server. Hope... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jback
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX Backup Exec Agent Error

Hello, When launching a recently installed UNIX agent for my Veritas backup exec server I receive "getservbyname (grfs, tcp) failed!" I have checked to make sure the service exists under port 6101 and its there. I also removed and recreated the service but still no go. :confused: :confused:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: George26
2 Replies

4. SCO

Veritas Backup Agent on SCO problem

Hello All, We have Veritas Backup Exec on a Windows 2003 OS and trying to setup the Ralus agent on SCO to perform regular backups of our Unixware system; but for some reason after "I believe" installing the agent on SCO; and launching it using the 'agent.be" command I receive a syntax error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Yorgy
1 Replies

5. SCO

Veritas Unix Backup Agent won't start

I have 3 SCO 5.0.5 machines. Two are running the /etc/bkupexec/agent.be just fine but the 3rd fails with a NRL initialization error. It can't seem to find the backup server in the /etc/hosts file. The entry is in the /etc/hosts file. The perms are set correctly on /etc /etc/bkupexec... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnpaul
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

anyone know if backup exec 11d agent run on solaris10 x86?

anyone ? i install and it just fail to startup. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kakabobo
0 Replies

7. AIX

Help me install Backup Exec (formerlly owned by Veritas) agent on AIX machine :(

Hi all. I hope someone could give me a hand on installing Backup Exec agent on AIX machine :( Agent: OS: AIX 5.3 Hostname: DB-HN-SRV02 IP: 10.1.4.64 Backup server: OS: Windows Server 2003 Hostname: backup-srv IP: 10.1.5.51 I download "Legacy Unix agent.tar", untar, then run file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsddaemon
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

/root restore backup exec

Hi we use backup exec to backup our linux servers... question is what if the linux server is corrupted (/root) and doesnt boot up .. how would the backup exec restore /root if the server cant even start? woukld we have to restore to another server then boot into rescue mode and copy across... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: halacil
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cloning using backup exec

Hi we use backup exec to backup our linux servers. I wondered if its possible to restore root backup of one server into another server and then rename hotsnames etc..for clone purpose? does this work? how can it be done? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: halacil
0 Replies
BDB.DB0(5)							AFS File Reference							BDB.DB0(5)

NAME
bdb.DB0, bdb.DBSYS1 - Contain the Backup Database and associated log DESCRIPTION
The bdb.DB0 file contains the Backup Database, which records configuration information used by the AFS Backup System along with cross- indexed records of the tapes created and volumes dumped using the Backup System commands. The bdb.DBSYS1 file is a log file in which the Backup Server (buserver process) logs each database operation before performing it. When an operation is interrupted, the Backup Server replays the log to complete the operation. Both files are in binary format and reside in the /var/lib/openafs/db directory on each database server machine that runs the Backup Server. When the Backup Server starts or restarts on a given machine, it establishes a connection with its peers and verifies that its copy of the bdb.DB0 file matches the copy on the other database server machines. If not, the Backup Servers use AFS's distributed database technology, Ubik, to distribute to all of the machines the copy of the database with the highest version number. Use the commands in the backup suite to administer the Backup Database. It is advisable to create a backup copy of the bdb.DB0 file on tape on a regular basis, using the UNIX tar command or another local disk backup utility. SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_savedb(8), buserver(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BDB.DB0(5)