Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting regex to select last part of a path Post 302339958 by elric on Saturday 1st of August 2009 05:05:21 AM
Old 08-01-2009
I works perfectly, thanks to everyone ! Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting the path part of an argument

Seems I'm inundating this forum with questions, but anyway: I am writing a script that should accept one and only one argument when called. That argument should designate a file, either with path/filename or just filename. Now to the difficult bit: I want to figure out a way to store... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ropers
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

With Regex Spliting the string into Alphanumeric and Numeric part

Hi there With shell script I'm trying to split the string into two parts. One is alphanumeric part, the other one is a numeric part. dummy_postcode_1 = 'SL1' --> res_alpha = 'SL' and res_numeric = '1' dummy_postcode_2 = 'S053' --> res_alpha = 'S' and res_numeric = '053' ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ozgurgul
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to select the path that contains a certain string from a certain file?

Hi, I am new to this world of shell programming. I am facing a problem that is : I have directory which has many sub directories at different depth. say A/B/C/files A/B/files A/B/C/D/files In this directory structure there exists a file called ".project" in some of the sub... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to select or make reference to, part of a field

For a field format such as AAL1001_MD82, how do I select(and use in if statement) only the last four elements( in this case MD82) or the first three elements (in this case AAL)? For instance, how do I do the following - if first three elements of $x == yyy, then ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: akshaykr2
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

using regex to get part of a string ?

Hi there, i wonder, is it possible to use regular expressions to partially select a string? I have a bunch of server names which look like this server1z-test server2z2 server45z-primary server13z3 I want to extract up to and including the 'z' in the server name, so for example ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting a part of the text (regex pattern, awk, sed)

Hello, let's start by giving you guys a few examples of the text: "READ /TEXT123/ABC123" "READ /TEXT123/ABC123/" "READ TEXT123/ABC123" "READ TEXT123/ABC123/" "READ TEXT123/TEXT456/ABC123" "READ /TEXT123/TEXT456/ABC123" "READ /TEXT123/TEXT456/ABC123/" TEXT and ABC can be and I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Sed to remove part of line with regex

Greetings everyone. Right now I am working on a script to be used during automated deployment of servers. What I have to do is remove localhost.localdomain and localhost6.localdomain6 from the /etc/hosts file. Simple, right? Except most of the examples I've found using sed want to delete the entire... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msarro
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select a specific part of the string and print it

Hi all, I have a string that looks like: #!/bin/sh options="arguments: --user=alpha --group=beta --prefix=/usr/share --proxy-path=/proxy --proxy-tmp=/tmp --conf-path=/etc" My goal is to transform the string into an array, then for each key, if it starts with "--proxy" to print the string... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TECK
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to select the shortest path in grep search?

Hi, How can I display only one shortest path (A/B/configure)? $ grep configure file.txt A/B/configure A/B/C/configure A/B/C/D/configure Thank you. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to select First two directory in from path name?

Can somebody help me on below question I have path and i want to select first two directory name in variable how we can do this. /Myname/xyz/yourname/abc/somebodyname i want to select /Myname/xyz in variable. Quick help will be appriciated. Thanks in advance Regards, Kumar (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
10 Replies
BCOMPILER_WRITE_FUNCTION(3)						 1					       BCOMPILER_WRITE_FUNCTION(3)

bcompiler_write_function - Writes a defined function as bytecodes

SYNOPSIS
bool bcompiler_write_function (resource $filehandle, string $functionName) DESCRIPTION
Reads the bytecodes from PHP for an existing function, and writes them to the open file handle. Order is not important, (eg. if function b uses function a, and you compile it like the example below, it will work perfectly OK). PARAMETERS
o $filehandle - A file handle as returned by fopen(3). o $functionName - The function name, as a string. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 bcompiler_write_function(3) example <?php $fh = fopen("/tmp/example","w"); bcompiler_write_header($fh); bcompiler_write_function($fh,"my_function_a"); bcompiler_write_function($fh,"my_function_b"); bcompiler_write_footer($fh); fclose($fh); ?> NOTES
Warning This function is EXPERIMENTAL. The behaviour of this function, its name, and surrounding documentation may change without notice in a future release of PHP. This function should be used at your own risk. SEE ALSO
bcompiler_write_header(3), bcompiler_write_footer(3). PHP Documentation Group BCOMPILER_WRITE_FUNCTION(3)