Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Search 3 words
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search 3 words Post 302339950 by aigles on Saturday 1st of August 2009 04:12:59 AM
Old 08-01-2009
Sounds like if input line is greater than 3000 bytes.
Instead of:
Code:
awk ..... inputfile

Try:
Code:
fold -s -w 300 inputfile | awk ...

Jean-Pierre.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

search for words in file

hi all, i would like to search in a directory. all files they were found shoul be opend and looked about a keyword. if keyword is found i want to see the name of the file. i've rtfm of find and have a command like this : find /etc -exec cat \{}\ | grep KEYWORD but don't work, and : find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Agent_Orange
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace words between two keywords

Hi, I have a file which contains the following : select * from test where test_id=1; select id from test1, test2 where test_id=1 and test_id=2; select * from test1, test2, test3 where test_id=4 and test2_id where in (select test2_id from test2); select id1, id2 from test ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrrajeeb
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search two words in sed

I've following sed command working fine - sed '/search_pattern1/ !s/pattern1/pattern2/" file Now, I want to search two patterns - search_pattern1 and search_pattern2 . How can put these into above sed statement ? Thanks in advance. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajitkumar2
12 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search words in different file

Hi, I have 1 - 100 file I want the list of such file which contains word 'internet' Please provide command to do this (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can i delete words based on search

hi, I have a doubt. how we can remove few words based on search. here im specifying my requirement with example. ALL the words should delete between two words ... those words will ends ** EX : cat infile.txt "HI",ob1**,ob2,ob3,ob4**,ob5,ob6 OUTPUT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spc432
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to search for the words in the files

Hi Friends, I have been trying to write the script since morning and reached some where now. but i think i am stuck in the final step. please help I want to search the strings below in red in the be be searched in the directories below. How can i do that in my shell script. Thanks Adi ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

search from a list of words

Hello, I'm trying to write a bash script that will search for words from one list that may be found in another list. Once the record is found, it will create a new text file for each word. For example, list1.txt contains the following: Dog Cat Fish List2.txt contains Dog - Buddy 14... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search between two words

Hello, I try to print out with sed or awk the 21.18 between "S3 Temperature" and "GrdC" in a text file. The blanks are all real blanks no tabs. Only the two first chars from temperture are required. So the "21" i need as output. S3 Temperatur 21.18 GrdC No Alarm ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: felix123
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search string within a file and list common words from the line having the search string

Hi, Need your help for this scripting issue I have. I am not really good at this, so seeking your help. I have a file looking similar to this: Hello, i am human and name=ABCD. How are you? Hello, i am human and name=PQRS. I am good. Hello, i am human and name=ABCD. Good bye. Hello, i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search words in any quote position and then change the words

hi, i need to replace all words in any quote position and then need to change the words inside the file thousand of raw. textfile data : "Ninguno","Confirma","JuicioABC" "JuicioCOMP","Recurso","JuicioABC" "JuicioDELL","Nulidad","Nosino" "Solidade","JuicioEUR","Segundo" need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: benjietambling
1 Replies
RAFIND2(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						RAFIND2(1)

NAME
rafind2 -- Advanced commandline hexadecimal editor SYNOPSIS
rafind2 [-zXnrhv] [-b size] [-f from] [-t to] [-[m|s|e] str] [-x hex] file DESCRIPTION
rafind2 is a program to find byte patterns into files The options are: -z Search for zero-terminated strings -s str Search for a specific string -e regex Search for a regular expression string matches -x hex Search for an hexpair string -m mask Set binary mask to be applied -f from Specify the source adddress -t to Specify the target adddress -X Display hexdump of search results -n Do not stop the search when a read error occurs -r Show output in radare commands -b size Define block size -h Show help message -v Print version and exit SEE ALSO
radare2(1), rahash2(1), rabin2(1), ranal2(1), radiff2(1), rasm2(1), ragg2(1), rarun2(1), rax2(1), AUTHORS
pancake <pancake@nopcode.org>, nibble <nibble@develsec.org> BSD
Oct 18, 2011 BSD