Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: tar and gzip problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting tar and gzip problem Post 302339945 by mac4rfree on Saturday 1st of August 2009 03:25:51 AM
Old 08-01-2009
sorry for the late reply.. but thanks to your explanation...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combine tar and gzip together?

Hello I just wandering, instead to doing "tar cvf foo.tar * " and then gzip foo.tar , can't it be combined to one command ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can i tar and gzip in one liner ?

hello can i combine this 2 commands in one liner command? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TAR and GZIP help

Hi, There are 700 .pdf files in a certain directory on the server and I need to TAR them first and then compress them using GZIP to free up the space. The combined size of the .pdf files is 3gb. However, there is only 1gb of free space on the server. So as you can see when I try to TAR these... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VandeMatram
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tar/gzip/gz...which one to use?

P0251WLADC.svm_wl1 > /svm_wl1/billing/data/server/archive/ALLEVT $ du -k FEB2006 22050224 FEB2006 As you can see,i have a folder called "FEB2006" which is around 22 GB. i guess zip or compress wont work...( i don know how do we compress a folder) i wished to use ""tar" ( i suppose... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhijeetkul
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar and gzip

Hi, I would like to have a combined gzip and tar that will compress and create multiple output tar.gz files. I want to have multiple files output because i cannot create an archive because there is no more space on my harddisk. I cannot transfer it locally because of slow connection. I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tungaw2004
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shortcut for tar cvf - [filename] | gzip > [filename].tar.gz

i'd like to have an alias (or something similar) where i can type a command like "archive" and a filename and have it tar and gzip the file, so... $ archive filename results in filename.tar.gz...do i have to write a script to do this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bcamp1973
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar + gzip + split together

Hi All I need guidance on this requirement . We have a directory structure which has data of approx 100 GB We need to tar the structure then zip it and create different files of not more than 10 GB A separate tar file then a .gz should not be created , on the fly a script is needed... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aamir1234
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar and gzip files

Hi Guys, I am using RHEL5 and Solaris 9 & 10. I want to tar and gzip my files then remove them after a successful tar command... Lets say I have files with extension .arc then I want to tar and gzip these files. After successful tar command I want to remove all these files (i.e .arc). ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Failed to use find-tar-gzip together

Hello I am trying to select multiple files older than 14 days and create a single compressed file out of it. (AIX Release 3 Version 5) I am trying to achieve it by following tar -cvf db01_log.tar `find . -name "db01*.log" -mtime +14" -print`| gzip > db01_log.tar however it just... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chetanz
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need help ASAP - FIND - TAR - GZIP

Hi, I need to combined in 1 line the execution below : find * -type f -mtime -$nb_days -print | xargs tar -cvf $MAITUT/BCK_DATA.tar gzip $MAITUT/BCK_DATA.tar.gz The fact that the TAR is very big, at the end I need to generate only the GZ file. The option z on the tar... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royinfo.alain
2 Replies
xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)					   XCB Requests 				       xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)

NAME
xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma - SYNOPSIS
#include <xcb/randr.h> Request function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_randr_crtc_t crtc); Reply datastructure typedef struct xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t { uint8_t response_type; uint8_t pad0; uint16_t sequence; uint32_t length; uint16_t size; uint8_t pad1[22]; } xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t; Reply function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t cookie, xcb_generic_error_t **e); Reply accessors uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); REQUEST ARGUMENTS
conn The XCB connection to X11. crtc TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. REPLY FIELDS
response_type The type of this reply, in this case XCB_RANDR_GET_CRTC_GAMMA. This field is also present in the xcb_generic_reply_t and can be used to tell replies apart from each other. sequence The sequence number of the last request processed by the X11 server. length The length of the reply, in words (a word is 4 bytes). size TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. DESCRIPTION
RETURN VALUE
Returns an xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t. Errors have to be handled when calling the reply function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply. If you want to handle errors in the event loop instead, use xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_unchecked. See xcb-requests(3) for details. ERRORS
This request does never generate any errors. SEE ALSO
AUTHOR
Generated from randr.xml. Contact xcb@lists.freedesktop.org for corrections and improvements. XCB
2014-06-10 xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)