Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming print C codes from Solaris 10, x86 to cygwin on Windows? Post 302339808 by fpmurphy on Friday 31st of July 2009 10:46:59 AM
Old 07-31-2009
Quote:
In my first attempt, all of my source codes compiled in Windows, but when I run it, the compiled program hangs at these system calls. I had to press a <RETURN> for it to continue.
Do you mean that the calls to system() succeeded after you pressed <RETURN>?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. BSD

How to use Cygwin to access X windows

Hi, I use WinMe, want to access, remotely, X-windows of my FreeBSD6.2 machine using the Cigwin from my windows machine as a normal user. However, I can login (through ssh and Telnet) to my FeeBSD machine as root and/or 'su' from some users grouped to the 'wheel' group. I'm still new to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Praveen_218
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install Cygwin on Windows XP SP2

Please can anyone help me with how to install cygwin on a windows Xp SP2 platform, I cant seem to get it to work? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimoney
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp from aix to windows (cygwin) fails

Hi... my problem is that I want to copy one html-file to my windows-box webserver using scp. so far no problem but the destination is in /cygdrive/c/program files/dest and as we all know unix doesnt like spaces in paths. scp html.file user@windowsbox:/cygdrive/c/program... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cypher82
5 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Cygwin OpenSSH Windows

Hi all, I am just enjoying my first experience with UNIX type stuff but I am completely stumped with syntax etc. I have installed OpenSSH on my windows machine which is a working nicley and I can gain access using putty. I am however trying to set up public key authentication and turn off passwords... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bilbonvidia
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cygwin script problem windows

I'm using cygwin to make some scripts,but I have the following problem. If I create a simple script like this one: if echo "Error" exit 1 fi echo "`expr $1 + $2`" I obtain line 6: syntax error:unexpected end of file. If I create the same script with cat>filename.txt and execute it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Max89
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin/X11 issues on Windows 7

Hi All, I recently upgraded to windows 7 and am therefore reinstalling cygwin/x11 after a long time. On XP I would start xterm from the startxwin.bat file. I am experiencing trouble starting with the startxwin executable which is the new recommended startup method as well as afew other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ScKaSx
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run Cygwin bash from windows scheduled task?

Hmmm.... I love these forums because I always get great prompt responses and I want to ask a question about running bash on windows. Is that allowed? Now I know I can install cygwin cron and run bash that way. Can I run bash from windows schedule task? How? thanks siegfried (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siegfried
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I rebuild applications that developed in UNIX? I need to use it in windows os with cygwin

I need to rebuild an application that developed in unix environment and run in windows OS with cygwin. so How can I rebuild from the source code? is there any one who said something on this regard? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bejirond
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Setting up Solaris 10 to print to a windows print server

Guys, I have a issue that I am trying to rectify please advise. lpstat -t shows scheduler is running printer lext644 disabled since Mon Dec 02 19:48:18 2013. available.I have restarted the printer service and it shows online but the above says disabled. I have a lot of jobs in the print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrywhitejr
1 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How can I start a cygwin application from windows 7 command prompt?

I have compiled an application called tmesh.exe, that was compiled for the cygwin, win7 platform. I wonder, if I do that outside X window, Is there a chance that I can run it on the command prompt of windows 7? (tmesh:4048): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: THANKS Jack (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
3 Replies
mkbundle(mkbundle 1.0)													    mkbundle(mkbundle 1.0)

NAME
mkbundle, mkbundle2 - Creates a bundled executable. SYNOPSIS
mkbundle [options] assembly1 [assembly2 ...] DESCRIPTION
mkbundle generates an executable program that will contain static copies of the assemblies listed on the command line. By default only the assemblies specified in the command line will be included in the bundle. To automatically include all of the dependencies referenced, use the "--deps" command line option. Use mkbundle when you want the startup runtime to load the 1.0 profile, and use mkbundle2 when you want the startup runtime to load the 2.0 profile. For example, to create a bundle for hello world, use the following command: $ mkbundle -o hello hello.exe The above will pull hello.exe into a native program called "hello". Notice that the produced image still contains the CIL image and no precompilation is done. In addition, it is possible to control whether mkbundle should compile the resulting executable or not with the -c option. This is useful if you want to link additional libraries or control the generated output in more detail. For example, this could be used to link some libraries statically: $ mkbundle -c -o host.c -oo bundles.o --deps hello.exe $ cc host.c bundles.o /usr/lib/libmono.a -lc -lrt You may also use mkbundle to generate a bundle you can use when embedding the Mono runtime in a native application. In that case, use both the -c and --nomain options. The resulting host.c file will not have a main() function. Call mono_mkbundle_init() before initializing the JIT in your code so that the bundled assemblies are available to the embedded runtime. OPTIONS
-c Produce the stub file, do not compile the resulting stub. -o filename Places the output on `out'. If the flag -c is specified, this is the C host program. If not, this contains the resulting exe- cutable. -oo filename Specifies the name to be used for the helper object file that contains the bundle. -L path Adds the `path' do the search list for assemblies. The rules are the same as for the compiler -lib: or -L flags. Specifies that a machine.config file must be bundled as well. Typically this is $prefix/etc/mono/1.0/machine.config or $prefix/etc/mono/2.0/machine.config depending on the profile that you are using (1.0 or 2.0) --nodeps This is the default: mkbundle will only include the assemblies that were specified on the command line to reduce the size of the resulting image created. --deps This option will bundle all of the referenced assemblies for the assemblies listed on the command line option. This is useful to distribute a self-contained image. --keeptemp By default mkbundle will delete the temporary files that it uses to produce the bundle. This option keeps the file around. --machine-config FILE Uses the given FILE as the machine.config file for the generated application. --nomain With the -c option, generate the host stub without a main() function. --config-dir DIR When passed, DIR will be set for the MONO_CFG_DIR environment variable --static By default mkbundle dynamically links to mono and glib. This option causes it to statically link instead. Important: Since the Mono runtime is licensed under the LGPL, even if you use static you should transfer the component pieces of the mkbundle to your users so they are able to upgrade the Mono runtime on their own. If you want to use this for commercial licenses, you must obtain a proprietary license for Mono from mono@novell.com -z Compresses the assemblies before embedding. This results in smaller executable files, but increases startup time and requires zlib to be installed on the target system. WINDOWS
On Windows systems, it it necessary to have Unix-like toolchain to be installed for mkbundle to work. You can use cygwin's and install gcc, gcc-mingw and as packages. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
AS Assembler command. The default is "as". CC C compiler command. The default is "cc" under Linux and "gcc -mno-cygwin" under Windows. MONO_BUNDLED_OPTIONS Options to be passed to the bundled Mono runtime, separated by spaces. See the mono(1) manual page or run mono --help. FILES
This program will load referenced assemblies from the Mono assembly cache. BUGS
The option "--static" is not supported under Windows. Moreover, a full cygwin environment containing at least "gcc" and "as" is required for the build process. The generated executable does not depend on cygwin. MAILING LISTS
Visit http://lists.ximian.com/mailman/listinfo/mono-devel-list for details. WEB SITE
Visit: http://www.mono-project.com for details SEE ALSO
mcs(1),mono(1),mono-config(5). mkbundle(mkbundle 1.0)