Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Installing Ubuntu in the same partition as Vista Post 302339789 by cbkihong on Friday 31st of July 2009 10:21:42 AM
Old 07-31-2009
I have a similar situation and I didn't bother to touch Vista. I just run linux in a vmware session.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

First post ever :o Installing a new partition in HP-UX help

Hey everyone this is my first post here, sure not to be my last :) I'm working on an HP-UX (11i) machine and I'd like to add a partition to it, i need /bla/ which a certain megabyte size but i don't know how to do it, I can generally move around the os ok so im not completely illiterate,.. I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: emplate
5 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Help in installing UBuntu 7.10 in Toshiba Tecra A8(Vista business)

Hi, I recently bought a Toshiba Tecra A8 laptop with preinstalled Vista Business license. I would like to install UBuntu 7.10 as another OS. However, I have some doubts:- i) I am not sure whether do the above model supports Linux/Ubuntu in terms of compatibility. So far, I googled and knew... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
1 Replies

3. Linux

Installing linux with windows vista

I have a laptop running on vista, I would like to install linux on it, but I dont have the disk space, so can I have external disk to install linux. Whether I will be able to do ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickdba
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX partition can't be recognized by Ubuntu

I'm trying to install Solaris 10 along with Ubuntu (dual-boot system) The problem is, GParted partition manager (Ubuntu) didn't recognize the FAT file system used to install the Solaris. It said that the block size is unknown file system.. What's the correct file system to install Solaris so... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankoko
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ubuntu, emacs, vista help

Folks, I need some help! Please understand that I have searched and read tons of how-to's and other documents in researching this and getting Putty, Cygwin, and emacs running on the Vista machine. I have a Ubuntu headless server i am trying to configure as my gateway system for the house... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: poundjd
3 Replies

6. Ubuntu

deleting ubuntu partition and reassigning unallocated

I realize this is more a gparted concern, but am having a user name problem and not getting in to their forum. My spouse is reaching a critical space issue in XP and needs to recapture the assigned Ubuntu space to windows. I can delete it easy enough with gparted live CD, but am lost with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 77yrold
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I link my Ubuntu desktop to a separate partition?

I have a dual boot system on my laptop running Windows 7 professional and Ubuntu 10.10. I would like my windows 7 desktop C:\users\username\Desktop and also my Ubuntu 10.10 desktop /home/username/Desktop to both save their files to the same location somewhere...perhaps /windows (a 40 gb win32... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcus Aurelius
0 Replies

8. Ubuntu

What is the advantage of ubuntu over vista and vice versa?

i am thinking of replacing my vista with ubuntu. Questions: 1) what will be the advantages and disadvantages of using ubuntu instead of vista? 2) what will be the setbacks of replacing my vista? 3) how hard is it to cope up with the new OS? what must i learn to utilize ubuntu? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Installing Ubuntu

Hi all- I'm getting ready to install Ubuntu onto my Sony Vaio laptop and had a few questions for which I have not yet found the answer. 1)Should I partition my hdd myself (including a swap partition) in Windows or should I do this when installing Ubuntu? When I do partition, since I have over... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gatsby
2 Replies
pnmtov(1Vi)															       pnmtov(1Vi)

NAME
pnmtov - convert portable anymap (PNM) image to Vista data file SYNOPSIS
pnmtov [-option ...] [infile] [outfile] DESCRIPTION
pnmtov converts an image from a portable anymap (PNM) file to a Vista data file. The following types of portable anymap may be converted: o Portable bitmap (PBM) and its ``rawbits'' variant. A PBM image is converted to a single-band Vista image with bit pixels. Pixel values 0 and 1 are swapped since, for PBM images, 0 denotes white and 1 denotes black. o Portable graymap (PGM) and its ``rawbits'' variant. A PGM image is converted to a single-band Vista image with ubyte pixels. The full range of PGM pixel values is mapped to [0,255] in the returned image. o Portable pixmap (PPM) and its ``rawbits'' variant. A PPM image is converted to an RGB color image (nbands: 3, ncolors: 3, color_interp: rgb) with ubyte pixels. The full range of PPM pixel values is mapped to [0,255] in the returned image. A wide range of filters are available for converting other image formats to PNM. COMMAND LINE OPTIONS
pnmtov accepts the following options: -help Prints a message describing options. -in infile Specifies the input file, which is a PBM, PGM, or PPM file. -out outfile Specifies the output file, which will be a Vista data file. -name name Specifies the name to be given the converted image. Default: ``image''. Input and output files can be specified on the command line or allowed to default to the standard input and output streams. SEE ALSO
VImage(3Vi), Vfile(5Vi), Vista(7Vi), pnm(5), pbm(5), pgm(5), ppm(5) AUTHOR
Daniel Ko <ko@cs.ubc.ca> Vista Version 1.12 3 March 1994 pnmtov(1Vi)