Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Setting of two time formats in one machine Post 302339764 by Neo on Friday 31st of July 2009 09:47:52 AM
Old 07-31-2009
Timezones are normally set in the user environment, so there should be no issues, and to be on the safe side, you can use different userids for each process management.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setting date and time

how do i set the system date and time? i know i have to be root to do it but i'm new to unix--really new--and some of this stuff seems really cryptic. thanks for any help.:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: singlefin
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setting session time

Please lemme know how & where to set the session time for ftp connection in Wu-ftp . Regards Gambhi. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gambhi_s
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help setting time!

I am trying to change the time on a Sun Solaris System, but I am having some difficulties. I thought by accessing the clock icon in the CDE would allow me to change the time. Also when I clicked the help icon I still could not fine any information. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting environment variable on a remote solaris machine using shell script

Hi, I am trying to set environment variable on a remote machine. I want to do it by running a shell script Here's what I am doin rsh <remote-hostname> -l root "cd /opt/newclient; . ./setp.sh" In setp.sh, I have ############################# cd ../newlib; export... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting time from application

Hello all, I wish to set the time and date of the system from my application. (I write code in C ). How can it be done? I found the function stime() - but it gets time in seconds as a parameter, and I don't know how to convert my time & date to seconds since EPOCH. What's the best... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: klafte
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

Setting up private and public ip on same machine.

Hi, We have a ftp server which is running on public ip and out side of firewall. Users out side of our network and users of our local network both using the same public ip and doing upload and downloading. Last few days we are facing bandwidth problem as internal network users increased. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abduljabbar_11
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing different time formats

I am trying to do a comparison of files based on their last modified date. I am pulling the first file from a webapp folder using curl. curl --silent -I http://localhost:8023/conf/log4j2.xml | grep Last Last-Modified: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 22:02:18 GMT The second file is on local disk. stat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Parse apache log file with three different time formats

Hi, I want to parse below file and Write a function to extract the logs between two given timestamp. Apache (Unix) Log Samples - MonitorWare The challenge here is there are three date and time format. First :- 07/Mar/2004:16:05:49 Second :- Sun Mar 7 16:02:00 2004 Third :- 29-Mar... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahil_shine
6 Replies
SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)			 systemd-machine-id-commit.service		      SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-machine-id-commit.service - Commit a transient machine ID to disk SYNOPSIS
systemd-machine-id-commit.service DESCRIPTION
systemd-machine-id-commit.service is an early boot service responsible for committing transient /etc/machine-id files to a writable disk file system. See machine-id(5) for more information about machine IDs. This service is started after local-fs.target in case /etc/machine-id is a mount point of its own (usually from a memory file system such as "tmpfs") and /etc is writable. The service will invoke systemd-machine-id-setup --commit, which writes the current transient machine ID to disk and unmount the /etc/machine-id file in a race-free manner to ensure that file is always valid and accessible for other processes. See systemd-machine-id-setup(1) for details. The main use case of this service are systems where /etc/machine-id is read-only and initially not initialized. In this case, the system manager will generate a transient machine ID file on a memory file system, and mount it over /etc/machine-id, during the early boot phase. This service is then invoked in a later boot phase, as soon as /etc has been remounted writable and the ID may thus be committed to disk to make it permanent. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-machine-id-setup(1), machine-id(5), systemd-firstboot(1) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)