Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Test decimal number
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Test decimal number Post 302339670 by francis_tom on Friday 31st of July 2009 06:15:58 AM
Old 07-31-2009
Test decimal number

Hi,

I would like test if a number is a decimal number or not

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add zero in decimal number

echo "scale=2; 282.73/640" | bc This will print .44 How to make the variable as 0.44 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern to match decimal number and interger

Hi, i've a code if (($A && ((!($A =~ /^\d+$/))))) { -- -- not a number } else { --- its number. } which matches for integer value, i need to modify that pattern where it matches decimal number with 2 decimal points and also integer value. for eg: values 10, 10.00. 0.1, 1 , 3 must... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asak
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

if test for higher value between 2 decimal numbers

Hi I would like to test for a max number value. It may be a decimal so I know I have to pipe into bc. I just cannot get the syntax for this to work. I cannot get passed an error with the bracket - see below. Any help appreciated. Regards Ewan This works: /export/home/ewan> cat... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: emjs
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

check if a decimal number is greater than zero

Hello, In my code I am checking to see if a variable that contains a decimal number is greater than 0 in the following manner: if do something fi However I am getting the error message (if $i for the current iteration holds 9.6352) command 9.6352 is not found How can I rectify... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

number of digits after decimal

Hi All, I have a file of decimal numbers, cat file1.txt 1.1382666907 1.2603107334 1.6118799297 24.4995857056 494.7632588468 560.7633734425 ..... I want to see the output as only 7 digits after decimal (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: senayasma
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching a decimal number?

Hi everyone! Easy question for everyone. I'm trying to run a command line to find an exact match of a decimal number within a file. The number can be a positive OR negative number. For instance, if I want to find only the number -1 in the file that has: -17.6 -17 -16.3 -16.2 -15.7 -15.3... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucshi09
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Decimal number calculation problem

I have a below snippet of code from my perl script and its causing a problem when the output of $lTAX is 0 (zero) its getting displayed as -0.00. I want output to be 0 not -0.00. Any help would be appreciated. #!/usr/bin/perl my $lTotA = 50.94; my $lVatA = 8.49; my $lAllocD; my $lAdjNr =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devesh5683
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort Decimal number in UNIX

Hello Everyone, In one of my script, I would like to sort the decimal numbers. For e.g. If I have numbers like 1.0 1.1 1.2 2.0 2.1 3.0 4.0 5.0 6.0 7.0 7.1 7.10 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5 7.6 7.7 7.8 7.9 I would like to sort them 1.0 1.1 1.2 2.0 2.1 3.0 4.0 5.0 6.0 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinrastogi
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zero padding a Number before and after a decimal place

Hi I was hoping someone could help me with a sed script I am trying to write? I am on a Mac running ElCapitan I have some text that I have converted from a pdf that I want to format into an xml file. In the file I have managed to delete all the text I do not need. The text I have left is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paul Walker
8 Replies
hppac(3X)																 hppac(3X)

NAME
hppac: HPPACADDD(), HPPACCMPD(), HPPACCVAD(), HPPACCVBD(), HPPACCVDA(), HPPACCVDB(), HPPACDIVD(), HPPACLONGDIVD(), HPPACMPYD(), HPPAC- NSLD(), HPPACSLD(), HPPACSRD(), HPPACSUBD() - HP 3000-mode packed-decimal library SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
This set of calls invokes the library functions for emulating 3000-mode (MPE V/E) packed-decimal operations. These functions are in library which is searched when the option is used with or ld(1). Performs packed-decimal addition. Compares two packed-decimal numbers. Converts an ASCII representation to packed-decimal. Converts a binary representation to packed-decimal. Converts a packed-decimal number to ASCII. Converts a packed-decimal number to binary. Performs packed-decimal division. Performs packed-decimal division (alternate routine). Performs packed-decimal multiplication. Performs a packed-decimal normalizing left shift. Performs a packed-decimal left shift. Performs a packed-decimal right shift. Performs packed-decimal subtraction. For all operations, the value returned in the variable to which the compcode argument points is one of the following values of type Result > 0 or operand1 > operand2 Result < 0 or operand1 < operand2 Result == 0 or operand1 == operand2 For all operations, the value returned in the variable to which the pacstatus argument points is one of the following values of type Their meanings are intended to be obvious: AUTHOR The HPPAC library was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
PA-RISC Systems Only hppac(3X)