Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sftp scripting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sftp scripting Post 302339634 by samrio on Friday 31st of July 2009 04:27:46 AM
Old 07-31-2009
Sftp scripting

Dear All,

I have script that get the files from sFtp server to Unix server. The script is below.

Code:

-- Batch File (mybatch)
cd Output
get abc123.csv  in/abc123.csv
get def456.csv   in/def456.csv
get ghi789.csv   in/ghi789.csv
bye
-- Script File
sftp -b mybatch xyz@111.222.33.4  > ftp.log 2>&1

If the second file not found then the rest of the code is aborted. How can I ensure the code run completly?

Many Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp scripting

I am totally new to this forum so if I am asking this and it has already been asked I apologize, but I have yet to have time to figure out how to search effectively for answers in previous posts. I'll figure it out tomorrow I just wanted to get this out there in case there is someone with this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: New_Guru
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting guru's pls help me with scripting on AIX

can someone pls help me with the script for a files coming from one system to a particular directory and i want to write a script to move those files to another directory on different system by renaming the files... pls someone help me on this... thanking in anticipation.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thatiprashant
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting multiple file "puts" in sFTP...

I need to send multiple files to a remote server via sFTP. I had everything set up to connect and send a single file automatically using a batch file and key authentication. Recently, however, the process has changed and we now need to send multiple files, one at a time, pausing for up to ten... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cbish68
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP scripting - help required

Hi all, First post so go easy guys....... I've seen this asked before on some other forums but never properly/fully answered. My problem involves the automation of an SFTP script sending from F-Secure (ssh2) HP-UX, to Windows FTP server (ssh2) running VShell. We've set up SSH keys but while... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: b0bbins
8 Replies

5. AIX

SFTP Failed---Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0

Hi, While I am trying SFTP my machine to another unix machine , it was working fine till 10 min back. But now i am getting the below error "Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0" Could you please someone help me to solve or analyise the root cause... Cheers:b:, Mahiban (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahiban
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP-how to log individual sftp command error while executing shell script

Hi, I have situation where i need to automate transferring 10000+ files using sftp. while read line do if ; then echo "-mput /home/student/Desktop/folder/$line/* /cygdrive/e/folder/$line/">>sftpCommand.txt fi done< files.txt sftp -b sftpCommand.txt stu@192.168.2.1 The above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobrobot
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Chroot sftp users, remote sftp login shows wrong timestamp on files

Hello, I have a weird issue, I have RHEL 5.7 running with openssh5.2 where sftpgroup OS group is chroot. I see the difference difference in timestamp on files, when I login via ssh and SFTP, I see four hour difference, is something missing in my configuration. #pwd... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp in shell Scripting issue

I have the below code for ftping a file sftp "ogl@serverna,me"ogl@serverna,me <<EOF cd $path_on_the_server binary put $path_on_my_sever/filename.txt bye EOF Not sure is this works.but when i tried its asking for password .How i can avoid asking password and provide it in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shyamrad
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp : not able to print the echo statements after the sftp transfer

I had the below sftp script working perfectly but the problem is I am not able to send the echo statements . #!/bin/sh echo "Starting to sftp..." sftp admin@myip << END_SCRIPT cd /remotepath/ lcd /localpath/ mget myfiles*.csv bye END_SCRIPT echo "Sftp successfully." echo echo... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Scripting and Log capture

Hi All, Need help in below query, appreciate your help. We are changing a FTP process to SFTP ( passwordless SSH ) I had few queries on how to log the transfer details into a log file. ----------------------------------------------------- PUTLOGFILE= /xxx/ftp_log.log FAILPUTLOGFILE=... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aadarshtripathi
0 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)                                                                                                                NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)