Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: stdscr Post 302339529 by Corona688 on Thursday 30th of July 2009 05:51:23 PM
Old 07-30-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvuguy
I have not tried -lncursesw. i dont think the library is installed. I will need to ask systems to install it. All the missing symbols are a part of ncurses.h file so it should work once the file is included and library is linked.
On my system at least there is a separate libncurses and libncursesw provided by one ncurses package, so it might be worth a shot. Its also possible that these wide-character functions are an optional feature that your distributor did not compile in...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .hello

Hello, when i compile with xlc on aix i got the error message "ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .hello" dummy.pc: #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #include "dummy.h" int main ( ) { printf("\nbefore Hello"); hello(); printf("\npast Hello"); ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stockdan
2 Replies

2. Programming

Undefined symbol: .getcury in getyx

Iam attempting a script to return the current cursor position using the getyc macro I have #included the curses.h however on compilation (with gcc) it errors with Undefined symbol .getcury Undefined symbol .gercurx Any ideas where I can find a solution or what I've missed (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
7 Replies

3. Programming

shared object "undefined symbol: fstat" error

Didn't have this problem in AIX, but ported to Linux with GCC compiler and am now getting a runtime error: tssutil: symbol lookup error: /work/agility/devel/bin/libagam.so: undefined symbol: fstat I'm sure most of you know that fstat is an intrinsic function just like printf, memcpy, etc. When I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcus121
5 Replies

4. AIX

Getting error "Undefined symbol: .u_strlen_2_6"

Hi, I am using xlC compiler. The compilation goes fine but at the time of linking it gives the following error ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more information. ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .u_strlen_2_6 ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nachiketv
0 Replies

5. Programming

undefined symbol: clock_gettime' error

Hi, i've compiled my app on x86_64 with -m32 gcc option. Can anybody tell me what is/would typically cause the 'undefined symbol: clock_gettime' error?? -1 k){0N!x y} '/home/da71336/simon/mkvfh/mkv.so: undefined symbol: clock_gettime @ "q" "subr:mkv 2:`subr,3; subc:mkv 2:`subc,1;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dpa078
4 Replies

6. AIX

Undefined symbol: .log

Hi All, When I am compiling expect 5.40 library in AIX 5.3, I am getting the following error while generating expect5.40.so file. ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .log ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .pow ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravindra_maddal
0 Replies

7. Programming

Error: Undefined Symbol ..... First referenced in file......

Hi, I am working with Solaris 5.9 and I am newbie in Socket programming and I stated working with socket programming and I copyed a simple client & server program from a website which I am attaching with this and when I am compiling these files.I am getting the error-- Please Help me to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
1 Replies

8. Programming

gmake undefined symbol error

I have a C code which i am trying to compile using gcc. When i am trying to compile it i get the error undefined symbol error though i am providing the -l*** option where *** refers to the module where the object files for those symbols are present. Can someone help me on the same. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manaankit
4 Replies

9. Programming

Undefined Symbol

When I try to link a .so file I get the undefined symbol error. Though I have the library file in my system. The compile and linking commands used are as follows g++ -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -c dxl_sample.c g++ -o firstprogram -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -Bdynamic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ranadeep Ghosal
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Undefined Symbol

When I try to link a .so file I get the undefined symbol error. Though I have the library file in my system. The compile and linking commands used are as follows g++ -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -c dxl_sample.c g++ -o firstprogram -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -Bdynamic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ranadeep Ghosal
1 Replies
ncurses5-config(1)					      General Commands Manual						ncurses5-config(1)

NAME
ncurses5-config - helper script for ncurses libraries SYNOPSIS
ncurses5-config [options] DESCRIPTION
This is a shell script which simplifies configuring applications against a particular set of ncurses libraries. OPTIONS
--prefix echos the package-prefix of ncurses --exec-prefix echos the executable-prefix of ncurses --cflags echos the C compiler flags needed to compile with ncurses --libs echos the libraries needed to link with ncurses --version echos the release+patchdate version of ncurses --abi-version echos the ABI version of ncurses --mouse-version echos the mouse-interface version of ncurses --bindir echos the directory containing ncurses programs --datadir echos the directory containing ncurses data --includedir echos the directory containing ncurses header files --libdir echos the directory containing ncurses libraries --mandir echos the directory containing ncurses manpages --terminfo echos the $TERMINFO terminfo database path, e.g., /etc/terminfo --terminfo-dirs echos the $TERMINFO_DIRS directory list, e.g., /etc/terminfo:/lib/terminfo:/usr/share/terminfo --termpath echos the $TERMPATH termcap list, if support for termcap is configured. --help prints this message SEE ALSO
ncurses(3NCURSES) This describes ncurses version 5.9 (patch 20110404). ncurses5-config(1)