Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming while and if, what is the difference? Post 302339528 by fpmurphy on Thursday 30th of July 2009 05:44:34 PM
Old 07-30-2009
Correct

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where is the difference?

Hello I would like to know where there is a difference between these two machines? HP9000-735/125 HP9000-B132L What does that all mean? Okay, HP= Hewlett Packard But 9000, 725/125, B132L ???? I am asking that question because I am about to buy one for myself, so I can have some fun... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fwurm
3 Replies

2. Linux

what is the difference between -h and -H ?

samba:/home/backup # df -h /home/ Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sdb2 34G 8.6G 26G 26% /home samba:/home/backup # df -H /home/ Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sdb2 37GB 9.2GB 28GB 26% /home what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cw1972
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between $* and $@

Somebody please tell me the difference between $@ and $* Thanks in advance. Saneesh Joseph (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saneeshjose
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

difference

difference b/w shell scripting and perl scripting (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: simmijaswal
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between 1,$ and /g

just wondering what the difference is between 1,$ and /g when doing a substitution in vi. doesn't seem to be much difference from what i can see. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigubosu
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between

$x=10 and providing the spaces between = and 10 $x= 10 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashank1311
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between sh and ./

Hi All Can any body please tell me what is difference between sh scr ./scr Here scr is a script. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
1 Replies

8. Programming

what is the main difference between difference between using nonatomic lseek and O_APPEND

I think both write at the end of the file ...... but is there a sharp difference between those 2 instruction ..... thank you this is my 3rd question today forgive me :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fwrlfo
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get difference

Hi .. I am trying to create one function. It will have two arguments. Argument1: a,b,d,f,g Argument2:21212,sfsd,4546,67867,a,asda,b So the output will be Argument1 - Argument2 which is d,f,g Can anyone help with this one? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to calculate difference of split and sum the difference

In the awk I am trying to subtract the difference $3-$2 of each matching $4 before the first _ (underscore) and print that value in $13. I think the awk will do that, but added comments. What I am not sure off is how to add a line or lines that will add sum each matching $13 value and put it in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
PERLIVP(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						PERLIVP(1)

NAME
perlivp - Perl Installation Verification Procedure SYNOPSIS
perlivp [-p] [-v] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The perlivp program is set up at Perl source code build time to test the Perl version it was built under. It can be used after running: make install (or your platform's equivalent procedure) to verify that perl and its libraries have been installed correctly. A correct installation is verified by output that looks like: ok 1 ok 2 etc. OPTIONS
-h help Prints out a brief help message. -p print preface Gives a description of each test prior to performing it. -v verbose Gives more detailed information about each test, after it has been performed. Note that any failed tests ought to print out some extra information whether or not -v is thrown. DIAGNOSTICS
o print "# Perl binary '$perlpath' does not appear executable. "; Likely to occur for a perl binary that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Perl version '$]' installed, expected $ivp_VERSION. "; Likely to occur for a perl that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Perl @INC directory '$_' does not appear to exist. "; Likely to occur for a perl library tree that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Needed module '$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; One of the two modules that is used by perlivp was not present in the installation. This is a serious error since it adversely affects perlivp's ability to function. You may be able to correct this by performing a proper perl installation. o print "# Required module '$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; An attempt to "eval "require $module"" failed, even though the list of extensions indicated that it should succeed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Unnecessary module 'bLuRfle' appears to be installed. "; This test not coming out ok could indicate that you have in fact installed a bLuRfle.pm module or that the "eval " require "$module_name.pm"; "" test may give misleading results with your installation of perl. If yours is the latter case then please let the author know. o print "# file",+($#missing == 0) ? '' : 's'," missing from installation: "; One or more files turned up missing according to a run of "ExtUtils::Installed -> validate()" over your installation. Correct by conducting a proper installation. For further information on how to conduct a proper installation consult the INSTALL file that comes with the perl source and the README file for your platform. AUTHOR
Peter Prymmer perl v5.16.2 2013-08-25 PERLIVP(1)