Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Modifying a line
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Modifying a line Post 302339494 by vidyadhar85 on Thursday 30th of July 2009 04:14:37 PM
Old 07-30-2009
hmmmm..
Code:
sed 's/\(>\)\(.*\)\(Contig[0-9]*[0-9]\)\(.*\)/\1\3/g' filename

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Modifying Route

hello, I have to communicate with a distant station . But Both belong to the same area. So I do not need a gate . But when I make a traceroute, it indicates that I pass through out a gate. What can I do to establish a direct connexion between the both. (with NT ) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hoang
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

can someone help me with modifying this file

Hi, I have a file which has data kind of like this. Apr 13 08:20:38 uslis10a sendmail: m3DDKSx3006432: usliss26.ca.com Apr 13 08:20:38 uslis10b sendmail: m3DDKSoK006433: usliss26.ca.com Apr 13 08:20:38 uslis10b sendmail: m3DDKcSo006442: usliss26.ca.com Apr 13 08:20:38 uslis10c... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying file from outside

hi , I have a javascript file like this: function fnValidateId(){ var array_id = new Array("444","7888","6633","555","146562","3333","33332") var tmp_id = document.form1.id.value; var num=0; while(1) { if(tmp_id ==... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sreejith_VK
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

modifying a awk line

Hi, I want to print specific columns (from 201 to 1001). The line that I am using is listed below. However I also want to print column 1. So column 1 and 201 to 1001. What modifcations do I need to make? Code: awk -F'\t' 'BEGIN {min = 201; max = 1001 }{for (i=min; i<=max; i++) printf... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modifying a particulae data in a line contained in File

Hi, I have a file containing data: systemname/userid/password/comment systemname1/userid1/password1/comment1 systemname2/userid2/password2/comment2 I want to modify the "password" using script. Can anybody help me with this problem?:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgarg1989
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying data within the same line

My file looks like this But I need to move the frequency value (Freq) to the second position, leaving intact the numbers at the top. The resulting file should look like this Thanks in advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with modifying files

Hello everyone, I have some data files, with mixed header formats. the sample for the same is: >ABCD76567.x1 AGTCGATCGTAGTCGTAGCTGT >ABCD76567.y1 AGTCGATCGTAGTCGTAGCTGT >ABCD76568.x1 pair_info:898989 AGTCGATCGTAGTCGTAGCTGT >ABCD76568.y1 pair_info:893489 AGTCGATCGTAGTCGTAGCTGT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with modifying a filename

Hello, I have a filename that looks like this: ABC_96_20141031_041133.232468 I need to shorten only the "_2014" part of the filename to simply "_14" so the filename looks like: ABC_96_141031_041133.232468 I have to do a search for this string because there are hundreds of files and... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying file from command line using Perl

Hi all, I am having a slight issue updating a file using perl from the command line I need some help with. The item is: DATA_FILE_TYPE=FULL When I run the below command /usr/bin/perl -p -i -e "s/DATA_FILE_TYPE=/DATA_FILE_TYPE=APPEND/g" processfile.cfg It looks to be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kstevens67
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying bash script to take each line in a file and execute command

I need to modify a bash script to to take each line in a file and execute command. I currently have this: #!/bin/bash if ; then echo "Lipsa IP"; exit; fi i=1 ip=$1 while ; do if ; then rand=`head -$i pass_file | tail -1` user=`echo $rand | awk '{print $1}'` pass=`echo $rand | awk '{print $2}'`... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: galford
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)