Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Offline HBA - Help Needed
Operating Systems Solaris Offline HBA - Help Needed Post 302339423 by incredible on Thursday 30th of July 2009 12:11:48 PM
Old 07-30-2009
Can you provide some useful command outputs from the system so that we can see the possible reasons?
what OS? how you determined its offline , etc...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

HELP!! NICs went offline suddenly

I have a new server... We were doing some testing on it over the local ethernet. All was well in the night when we turned off the machine. In the morning we were unable to get the server online. Have changed cables, NICs, looked over network settings... all to no avail. I am running Redhat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
4 Replies

2. Solaris

NFS service : offline after enabling it .

Hi all, i Followed these steps & still not able to get nfs service online ???:( bash-3.2# svcs -a | grep nfs disabled 17:48:02 svc:/network/nfs/cbd:default disabled 17:48:02 svc:/network/nfs/client:default disabled 20:56:06 svc:/network/nfs/status:default offline ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
4 Replies

3. Solaris

How to keep volumes offline after reboot

Hi All, How to keep the volumes offline after reboot also, i make it offline like below # metaoffline d0 d20 after reboot its automatically getting online, however i have to keep it offline and as on required i have to make it online as per business. Thanks in anticipation (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
9 Replies

4. Solaris

Offline HBA.

Hi, I have a HBA that is currently offline for some unknown reason. The device shows up in the prtdiag -v stating it is okay. How can I bring this back online? It was working okay until recently. It is currently connected to the SAN. Details below. # fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Showing offline users

Hi, Is there any command for showing offline users? The only way I can think of doing it (as i cant find a command) is getting a list of all the online users, and comparing it to /etc/passwd, anything that is in /etc/passwd and not in the users file will be offline users. But I have no... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikejreading
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Offline Agents Inquiry.

Hello, I currently use Solaris, and typically I use the svcs -a | grep PROCESS to see if it's online or Offline. My questions is SVCS is in solaris but if I want to find out if a daemon or process is offline what other methods can I use? ps -ef | grep PROCESS "what do I look for" or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NelsonC
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to recover services from offline to online?

Dear all, How to recover the Dns service from offline to online? I used the command " svcadm enable dns/client" the command is executing but again its showing service is offline. pls clarify and give me suggesstion... Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: masthan25
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

USB drive going offline

Hello all, I have a USB drive mounted on a linux RHEL 4 server which goes offline every now n then. Here are some logs : --------------------------------------------- # lsusb Bus 005 Device 001: ID 0000:0000 Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000 Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000 Bus 002... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunny_a_j
1 Replies

9. Solaris

offline CPU Solaris 10.

Hi, I need to offline one of the CPUs in my M4000. I'm going to use the psradm command to offline the CPU. Do I need to do anything before offlining the CPU like unbinding processes etc? The servers are running oracle databases which I will shutdown beforehand.:confused: Thanks,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
0 Replies

10. Solaris

How to enable hba port of a two port hba card

Hi, i have a two port hba card in solaris 10 system one of which is disabled. How to enable and configure the other port. ---------- Post updated at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:40 AM ---------- please help :( (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishiraaz
7 Replies
HBA_GetBindingCapability(3HBAAPI)	      Common Fibre Channel HBA Information Library Functions		 HBA_GetBindingCapability(3HBAAPI)

NAME
HBA_GetBindingCapability, HBA_GetBindingSupport, HBA_SetBindingSupport - return and sets binding capabilities on an HBA port SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lHBAAPI [ library... ] #include <hbaapi.h> HBA_HANDLE HBA_GetBindingCapability(HBA_HANDLE handle, HBA_WWN hbaPortWWN, HBA_BIND_CAPABILITY *pFlags); HBA_STATUS HBA_GetBindingSupport(HBA_HANDLE handle, HBA_WWN hbaPortWWN, HBA_BIND_CAPABILITY *pFlags); void HBA_SetBindingSupport(HBA_HANDLE handle, HBA_WWN hbaPortWWN, HBA_BIND_CAPABILITY Flags); PARAMETERS
handle an open handle returned from HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI) hbaPortWWN the Port WWN of the local HBA through which the binding capabilities implemented by the HBA is returned pFlags a pointer to an HBA_BIND_CAPABILITY structure that returns the persistent binding capabilites implemented by the HBA Flags an HBA_BIND_CAPABILITY structure containing the persistent binding capabilites to enable for the HBA DESCRIPTION
The HBA_GetBindingCapability() function returns the binding capabilities implemented by the HBA. The HBA_GetBindingSupport() function returns the currently enabled binding capabilities for the HBA. The HBA_SetBindingSupport() function sets the currently enabled binding capabilites for the HBA to a subset of the binding capabilities implemented by the HBA. RETURN VALUES
The HBA_GetBindingCapability() and HBA_GetBindingSupport() functions return the following values: HBA_STATUS_OK Persistent binding capabilites have been returned. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_WWN Port WWN hbaPortWWN is not a WWN contained by the HBA referenced by handle. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED The HBA handle specified by handle does not support persistent binding. HBA_STATUS_ERROR An error occurred. The value of pFlags remains unchanged and points to the persistent binding capabilites. The HBA_SetBindingSupport() function returns: HBA_STATUS_OK Persistent binding capabilites have been enabled. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_WWN Port WWN hbaPortWWN is not a WWN contained by the HBA referenced by handle. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED The HBA handle specified by handle does not support persistent binding. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_INCAPABLE The flags argument contains a capability not implemented by the HBA. HBA_STATUS_ERROR An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard: FC-MI 1.92 (API version 1) | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ | |Standard: FC-HBA Version 4 (API ver- | | |sion 2) | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libhbaapi(3LIB), attributes(5) T11 FC-MI Specification SunOS 5.11 1 Sep 2003 HBA_GetBindingCapability(3HBAAPI)