Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to auto update html page
Top Forums Web Development How to auto update html page Post 302339364 by RohitKJ on Thursday 30th of July 2009 10:21:27 AM
Old 07-30-2009
Hi,

it works...
thanks for your help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Accessing a HTML page

Hi All, In our unix server we have an apache web server running. I can access the default apache web page from my windows machine. Now, I want to create my own webpage. Therefore I created webpage at /export/home/myname/test.html file. Where do I need to place this file and what do I need... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkm_oec
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing a HTML page

Hi All, In our unix server we have an apache web server running. I can access the default apache web page from my windows machine. Now, I want to create my own webpage. Therefore I created webpage at /export/home/myname/test.html file. Where do I need to place this file and what do I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkm_oec
2 Replies

3. Web Development

findstr in html page

I am planning to create an html page that will count number of connected ports, challenge for me is how to put it in a page. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: webmunkey23
1 Replies

4. Web Development

Login page in html on unix

I want to create a login page in HTML which is hosted on apache server. The login page first authenticate the user and then directed to a form which in turn run a script on the server. I want to make login page without php or jsp. Please advice. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi18s
13 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Publishing HTML Page

Hi All, Thanks for reading. I am not sure if I am asking this in the correct group. But here it goes: There is a shell script which does some system checks and creates an html file called system_summary.html on my Red Hat machine say in /reports directory every hour. Now I want to view it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepakgang
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Publishing HTML Page

Hi All, Thanks for reading. I am not sure if I am asking this in the correct group. But here it goes: There is a shell script which does some system checks and creates an html file called system_summary.html on my Red Hat machine say in /reports directory every hour. Now I want to view it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakgang
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract url from html page?

for example, I have an html file, contain <a href="http://awebsite" id="awebsite" class="first">website</a>and sometime a line contains more then one link, for example <a href="http://awebsite" id="awebsite" class="first">website</a><a href="http://bwebsite" id="bwebsite"... (36 Replies)
Discussion started by: 14th
36 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Attached HTML page to Email

Greeting all, Not sure anyone tested to send out email with HTML page as attachment from Shell Script ? I know if I use uuencode file.html approach, the mail receive in attachment is empty. So I guess uuencode cannot be use for the html code. Appreciate if anyone can share the code to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring an html web page changes

Hello, I need to monitor an html web page for ANY changes and should be able to know if it's modified or not (since last query). I do not need what modifications but just notification is enough. This is a simple web page and I don't need to parse the links any further. Is it possible to do... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accessing the html page

Hi All, In our unix server we have an apache web server running. Now, I want to create my own webpage. Therefore I created webpage at /export/home/test.html file. Where do I need to place this file and what do I need mention this page in my web browser to access it. Without apache... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arasu
1 Replies
SAMIDARE(1)							   User Commands						       SAMIDARE(1)

NAME
samidare - web page update checker SYNOPSIS
samidare [OPTION]... [URL]... DESCRIPTION
Samidare checks web page updates. It takes a list of URLs in a configuration file, config.yml, and checks last update time of them. A HTML file, latest.html, is generated to show the updates. OPTIONS
--help show help message. -v, --verbose specify verbose mode. -n, --no-check don't check web. output generation only. -f, --force force check (avoid timing control mechanism) -o, --output=filename specify output html filename. --output-lirs=filename specify output lirs filename. -T, --template=filename specify template filename. -t, --timing show check time of pages. --dump-config dump flatten configuration. --dump-status dump status. If URLs is specified, the status of specified pages are shown. --dump-template-data dump data for expand template. The "data" variable in template file refer this. --dump-filenames dumps locally stored filenames of pages specified by URLs. --dump-filenames2 dumps locally stored recent two filenames of pages specified by URLs. --remove-entry remove entry of pages specified by URLs. --diff-content show difference of recent two files of specified URLs. USAGE
samidare is configured by "config.yml" and "t.latest.html" by default. samidare generates "latest.html" and "sites.lirs.gz" samidare uses "status.rm" and "tmp" to record status of pages. "config.yml" is a configuration file in YAML format. See EXAMPLES section for its content. "t.latest.html" is a template file. In the file, "data" variable can be used. See the document of htree library for template directives. So you can run samidare as follows. % cd $HOME % mkdir samidare % cd samidare % vi config.yml % vi t.latest.html # optional % samidare % w3m latest.html # view the result If you want to publish the result, use symbolic link to latest.html and sites.lirs.gz as follows. % mkdir public_html % mkdir public_html/samidare % cd public_html/samidare % ln -s ../../samidare/latest.html . % ln -s ../../samidare/sites.lirs.gz . EXAMPLES
The configuration file is described in YAML format. The simplest configuration is list of URLs as follows. - http://www.example.org/blog/ - http://www.example.net/ FILES
"config.yml" and "t.latest.html" is configuration file. "latest.html" and "sites.lirs.gz" is output. "status.rm" and "tmp" is used by samidare internally. SECURITY
samidare stores pages in tmp directory. If it is published via your web server, XSS (cross site scripting) is possible. So the directory should not be published. AUTHOR
Tanaka Akira SEE ALSO
htree samidare 0.7 July 2008 SAMIDARE(1)