Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Display workflow engine which are not running Post 302339330 by viv1 on Thursday 30th of July 2009 09:02:13 AM
Old 07-30-2009
explain the logic

please explain this
ps -ef | \
awk -v count=6 '
$(NF-3)=="workflow" && $(NF-2)=="TCPP01" && $(NF-1)=="TCPP01" {
++p[$NF]
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Display program running on CDE via GNOME

Hi All, I have one AIX box (5.1 with CDE running) and one Linux box ( FC3 with GNOME on it). What I want to be able to do is : SSH from the Linux box into the AIX box and then open an X term to launch a X window application. I am not able to do that. My guess is that the window mangers and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: navinxavier
4 Replies

2. AIX

CDE running but not display on screen

Runing p550Q via HMC I'd like to start using graphic interface CDE: lslpp -l | grep X11.Dt* X11.Dt.ToolTalk -- AIX CDE ToolTalk Support X11.Dt.bitmaps -- AIX CDE Bitmaps X11.Dt.helpmin -- AIX CDE Minimum Help Files X11.Dt.helprun -- AIX CDE Runtime Help X11.Dt.lib -- AIX CDE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: silves
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

display time required to complete running script

hi is there any way i can display a countdown time needed to run a script? like load a counter at the beginning of the script with the estimated time and display the counter decrementing till it finishes running the script? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
3 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Display running 'app' in terminal titlebar?

Hi. I was, not too long ago, an OS X home user. One of the things I remember from using the Apple-installed Terminal is: whenever an executable that took more than a split second to do its thing was running, its name would appear in the title bar in a way similar to "Terminal: ssh" or "Terminal:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display full command (including options) information in running

Suppose I am a Unix user, not a root. I can see all commands in running by ps -elf, or some similar commands. Such commands may be submit by other Unix users. Is there a way that I can display those commands with their full parameters/options. For example, I can see a user is running "ls"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: happy_lotus
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display problem when running a remote script

Hi, Quick question, someone will hopefully be able to stop me from :wall:. I currently have a script which calls a script on a remote machine and captures the stdout to a file: ssh <user>@<server> > output 2>/dev/null <<_EOF /path/script.ksh _EOF This runs the script but the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris01010
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display information of the script while its running?

how to display the messages on screen IN PERL such as " 1. Entering while loop" if the script enters a while loop. 2. Checking FILENAME. etc... 3. Print statement is also not helpful.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rashid Khan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display current directory for a running process for script

I'm trying to create a ksh script to do the following: 1) Ask the user what process they want to search for. 2) Have the script read the input as a variable and use it to search for the process. 3) Display the current time & date, the working directory of the process, and finally display the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to display only the first 5 running process using top in shell scripting?

topfunc() { top } topfunc Here i used the top command inside a function,and i called the function. when executing this bash file i get all the process which are using by the kernel i just want to display only the first 5 running process. is it possible? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meeran Rizvi
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to display processes which have been running for more than a X hours?

Hi, Is it possible to display processes which have been running for more than a 5hrs using a variation of the ps -ef command? Regards, Manny (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mantas44
5 Replies
PEGASUS-RUN(1)															    PEGASUS-RUN(1)

NAME
pegasus-run - executes a workflow that has been planned using *pegasus-plan*. SYNOPSIS
pegasus-run [-Dproperty=value...][-c propsfile][-d level] [-v][--grid*][rundir] DESCRIPTION
The pegasus-run command executes a workflow that has been planned using pegasus-plan. By default pegasus-run can be invoked either in the planned directory with no options and arguments or just the full path to the run directory. pegasus-run also can be used to resubmit a failed workflow by running the same command again. OPTIONS
By default pegasus-run does not require any options or arguments if invoked from within the planned workflow directory. If running the command outside the workflow directory then a full path to the workflow directory needs to be specified. pegasus-run takes the following options -Dproperty=value The -D option allows an advanced user to override certain properties which influence pegasus-run. One may set several CLI properties by giving this option multiple times. The -D option(s) must be the first option on the command line. CLI properties take precedence over the file-based properties of the same key. See the PROPERTIES section below. -c propsfile, --conf propsfile Provide a property file to override the default Pegasus properties file from the planning directory. Ordinary users do not need to use this option unless the specifically want to override several properties -d level, --debug level Set the debug level for the client. Default is 0. -v, --verbose Raises debug level. Each invocation increase the level by 1. --grid Enable grid checks to see if your submit machine is GRID enabled. rundir Is the full qualified path to the base directory containing the planned workflow DAG and submit files. This is optional if the pegasus-run command is invoked from within the run directory. RETURN VALUE
If the workflow is submitted for execution pegasus-run returns with an exit code of 0. However, in case of error, a non-zero return value indicates problems. An error message clearly marks the cause. FILES
The following files are created, opened or written to: braindump This file is located in the rundir. pegasus-run uses this file to find out paths to several other files, properties configurations etc. pegasus.?????????.properties This file is located in the rundir. pegasus-run uses this properties file by default to configure its internal settings. workflowname.dag pegasus-run uses the workflowname.dag or workflowname.sh file and submits it either to condor for execution or runs it locally in a shell environment PROPERTIES
pegasus-run reads its properties from several locations. RUNDIR/pegasus.??????????.properties The default location for pegasus-run to read the properties from --conf propfile properties file provided in the conf option replaces the default properties file used. $HOME/.pegasusrc will be used if neither default rundir properties or --conf propertiesfile are found. Additionally properties can be provided individually using the -Dpropkey=propvalue option on the command line before all other options. These properties will override properties provided using either --conf or RUNDIR/pegasus.???????.properties or the $HOME/.pegasusrc The merge logic is CONF PROPERTIES || DEFAULT RUNDIR PROPERTIES || PEGASUSRC overriden by Command line properties ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
PATH The path variable is used to locate binaries for condor-submit-dag, condor-dagman, condor-submit,pegasus-submit-dag, pegasus-dagman and pegasus-monitord SEE ALSO
pegasus-plan(1) AUTHORS
Gaurang Mehta <gmehta at isi dot edu> Jens-S. Vockler <voeckler at isi dot edu> Pegasus Team http://pegasus.isi.edu 05/24/2012 PEGASUS-RUN(1)