Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need to remove the words
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to remove the words Post 302339258 by gsiva on Thursday 30th of July 2009 06:36:59 AM
Old 07-30-2009
yes, it worked out thanks a lot.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove first few words from a line

Hi All, Sample: 4051 Oct 4 10:03:36 AM 2008: TEST: end of testcase Checking Interface after reload, result fail I need to remove first 10 words of the above line and output should be like Checking Interface after reload, result fail Please help me in this regard. Thanks, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellscripter
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Remove words from file

Hello, I have a question: I have two different files, let's call them file1 and file2. file1 contains a list of words, the words are on seperate lines: word1 word2 word3 word4 etc... file2 also contains a list of words, seperated in the same way as file1. What I want to do is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beeser
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the first two words from shell arguments

Hi I need to delete first two words from the arguments my script receives .. no matter how many arguments are passed . Thanks Praveen (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenbvarrier
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove all words after first space from each line

My file looks like: asd absjdd sdff vczxs wedssx c dasx ccc I need to keep asd sdff wedssx dasx How do I do that experts?:wall::wall: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hakermania
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove words

All, I have a file with below entries. /java/usr/abc/123 /java/usr/xyz/123_21 /java/usr/ab12/345/234 ......... ......... And I need entry as /java/usr/abc/config /java/usr/xyz/config /java/usr/ab12/config ......... ......... Actually, I need to remove all other entries... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshu ranjan
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove words that contain 3+ of the same character in a row?

Hello, I am looking for a way to remove words from a list that contain 3 or more of the same character. For example lets say the full list is as follows ABCDEF ABBHJK AAAHJD KKPPPP NAUJKS AAAHJD & KKPPPP should be removed from this list as obviously they contain AAA and PPPP... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: colinireland
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove spaces from between words that are in a field

Hi all, Is there a sed/awk cmd that will remove blank space from between words in a particular field, replacing with a single space? Field containing 'E's in the example below: Example input file: AAAAA AA|BBBB|CCCCCCC|DDDDDD |EEEE EEEEEE| FFF FFFFF| ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dendright
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove last few words from Line

Hi I would like to remove last few words from File Could anybody Help on it. ps -ef | grep mgr.prm | awk '{print $10}' /opt/app/dummyd/xyz/dirprm/mgr.prm /opt/app/dummy/xyz/dirprm/mgr.prm /opt/app/dummy/xyz/dirprm/mgr.prm I want output like /opt/app/dummyd/xyz... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tapia
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove duplicate words from column 1

Tried using sed and uniq but it's removing the entire line. Can't seem to figure a way to just remove the word. Any help is appreciated. I have a file: dog, text1, text2, text3 dog, text1, text2, text3 dog, text1, text2, text3 cat, text1, text2, text3 Trying to remove all duplicate instances... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove repeated letter words

Hi, I have this text file with these words and I need help with removing words with repeated letter from these lines. 1 ama 5 bib 29 bob 2 bub 5 civic 2 dad 10 deed 1 denned 335 did 1 eeee 1 eeeee 2 eke 8... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: crepe6
4 Replies
FIRESTARTER(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    FIRESTARTER(8)

NAME
firestarter - program to manage and observe firewalls SYNOPSIS
firestarter [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the firestarter command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. Instead, it has documentation in html format (see below). firestarter is a GNOME program that will help you in configuring and monitoring a GNU/Linux firewall using either ipchains or iptables. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --generate-scripts Generate firewall scripts from current configuration. If firestarter is updated and you don't want to run the GUI, the scripts in /etc/firestarter are not up-to-date. So you have to run firestarter with this option to update the scripts. -h, --help Show summary of options. --lock Lock the firewall, blocking all traffic. -p, --stop Stop the firewall. -s, --start Start the firewall. --start-hidden Start firestarter with the GUI not visible. -v, --version Show version of program. SEE ALSO
This program is fully documented in http://www.fs-security.com/docs/. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Ryan M. Golbeck <rmgolbeck@debian.org> and later revised by Rene Engelhard <rene@debian.org> and Yann Ver- ley <yann.verley@free.fr> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). November 26, 2004 FIRESTARTER(8)