Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Copying large file problem on SVR4 Unix Post 302339225 by coatesd on Thursday 30th of July 2009 05:22:03 AM
Old 07-30-2009
Thanks for the advice.

the uname -a looks like this SMP54001 SMP54001 4.0 2 PENTIUM P5/EISA

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copying a large filesystem

Hi there In my organisation we have a solaris network with /home being automounted from /export/home on a central file server (usual stuff) however, the guy who originally set this up only allocated 3gb to /export/home and now we are really struggling for space. I have a new 18gb disk installed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
3 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Strange difference in file size when copying LARGE file..

Hi, Im trying to take a database backup. one of the files is 26 GB. I am using cp -pr to create a backup copy of the database. after the copying is complete, if i do du -hrs on the folders i saw a difference of 2GB. The weird fact is that the BACKUP folder was 2 GB more than the original one! ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SVR4 UNIX questions

Hi My main problem is trying to reset the password on an ancient (but still live) server. I have booted from floppy into maintenance mode, but it won't allow me to mount /. I'm using mount -F vxfs /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s1 /mnt and I get an error message along the lines of "operation not applicable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweetleaf
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Large file problem

I have a large file, around 570 gb that I want to copy to tape. However, my tape drive will load only up to 500 gb. I don't have enough space on disk to compress it before copying to tape. Can I compress and tar to tape in one command without writing a compressed disk file? Any suggestions... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: iancrozier
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying of large files fail

Hi, I have a process which duplicates files for different environments. As the files arrive, my script (korn shell) makes copies of them (giving a unique name) and then renames the original file so that my process won't get triggered again. I don't like it either, but it's what we were told to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GoldenEye4ever
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying a Large File

I have a large file that I append entries to the end of every few seconds. Its grown to >150MB. Its basically a log file but a perl script is writing to it. I need to make a copy of it to a new directory. I realize the latest entries occuring while the copy is taking place will not be recorded... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lforum
1 Replies

7. Hardware

Upgrading antique Unisys U6000 / UNIX SVR4 1.2?

I have an old Unisys U6000/65 server I obtained as surplus about 12 years ago. For its day (1993) this server line was capable of insane ability, up to 4 gig of memory using dozens of 30-pin SIMMs and up to six processors, including mixed processor speeds and types (486/Pentium) in the same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DMahalko
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start copying large file while its still being restored from tape

Hello, I need to copy a 700GB tape-image file over a network. I want to start the copy process before the tape-image has finished being restored from the tape. The tape restore speed is about 78 Mbps and the file transfer speed over the network is about 45 Mbps I don't want to use a pipe, since... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: swamik
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying number by looking a large file

Hi All, I have a big file which looks like this: abc 34.32 cdf 343.45 computer 1.34 ladder 2.3422 I have some 100000 .TXT files which look like this: computer cdf align I have to open each of the text files and read the words from the text files. Then I have to look into that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem copying files from windows to unix

Hello, I want some directions for a command inside a shell script which would copy files from some path on my windows os (say my documents) to the path where my shell script is saved and I want it to exit the sftp session and continue executing the remaining lines in my shell script after... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishwa308
2 Replies
ftpd_selinux(8) 					 ftpd SELinux policy documentation					   ftpd_selinux(8)

NAME
ftpd_selinux - Security-Enhanced Linux policy for ftp daemons. DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux provides security for ftp daemons via flexible mandatory access control. FILE_CONTEXTS SELinux requires files to have a file type. File types may be specified with semanage and are restored with restorecon. Policy governs the access that daemons have to files. Allow ftp servers to read the /var/ftp directory by adding the public_content_t file type to the directory and by restoring the file type. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_t "/var/ftp(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp Allow ftp servers to read and write /var/tmp/incoming by adding the public_content_rw_t type to the directory and by restoring the file type. This also requires the allow_ftpd_anon_write boolean to be set. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_rw_t "/var/ftp/incoming(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp/incoming BOOLEANS
SELinux policy is based on least privilege required and may also be customizable by setting a boolean with setsebool. Allow ftp servers to read and write files with the public_content_rw_t file type. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_anon_write on Allow ftp servers to read or write files in the user home directories. setsebool -P ftp_home_dir on Allow ftp servers to read or write all files on the system. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_full_access on Allow ftp servers to use cifs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_cifs on Allow ftp servers to use nfs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_nfs on system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
selinux(8), ftpd(8), setsebool(8), semanage(8), restorecon(8) dwalsh@redhat.com 17 Jan 2005 ftpd_selinux(8)