Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Accessing a Perl CGI script, security issue Post 302339164 by pludi on Thursday 30th of July 2009 01:31:46 AM
Old 07-30-2009
Usually, no.
But generally, 3 ways come to mind:
  • If the HTTP server is configured wrong and doesn't recognize the scripts as executables, and serves the content instead
  • If another application on the same server is vulnerable to relative path errors, eg instead of calling /xyz/abc.html the attacker can call /xyz/../../cgi-bin/script.pl
  • If you've got a script that uses templates with variables passed through POST. Those could be set also via GET and potentially serve content you wanted hidden

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

concurrency issue while Accessing Mail Box from shell script

Hi Bros, I am in a serious trouble with concurrency issue while using mailx. I have a shell script which reads all the emails of a unix user account and create a copy (another mbox for processing and archive purpose). This script works fine for 99.99% of the time but sometime it start creating... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sumit_Fundoo
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Accessing array elements within a sed command in Perl script

I am trying to use a script to replace the header of each file, whose filename are stored within the array $test, using the sed command within a Perl script as follows: $count = 0; while ( $count < $#test ) { `sed -e 's/BIOGRF 321/BIOGRF 332/g' ${test} > 0`; `cat 0 >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: userix
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

call shell script from perl cgi script problem

hi,, i have perl scipt with line : system('./try.sh $t $d $m'); in shell scipt try.sh i have the line: echo $1 its not printing value of $t that i hav passed..y is it so..i am running it from apache web server (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
2 Replies

4. Web Development

in cgi perl script a form

hi,i hav a form in cgi perl script.this script accepts a value from user from another html form, and depending upon this value,i need to disable /enable radio buttons in cgi-perl script wen second page is displayed on executing cgi perl script.how do i do it using javascript? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
0 Replies

5. Web Development

perl cgi script not working

Hello, Met a problem learning perl cgi script. 1 #!/usr/bin/perl -wT 2 3 use strict; 4 use CGI qw(:standard); 5 6 my $q = new CGI; 7 8 my $filename = $q->param('/home/yifangt/hello.cgi'); 9 my $contenttype = $q->uploadInfo($filename)->{'Content-Type'}; 10... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
5 Replies

6. Web Development

problem with exporting vairable from one perl cgi to another perl cgi script while redirecting.

Can anyone tell me how to export a variable from one perl CGI script to another perl cgi script when using a redirect. Upon running the login.pl the user is prompted to enter user name and password. Upon entering the correct credentials (admin/admin) the user is redirected to welcome page. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
3 Replies

7. Programming

CGI Perl script to execute bash script- unable to create folder

Hi I have a bash script which takes parameters sh /tmp/gdg.sh -b BASE-NAME -n 1 -s /source/data -p /dest/data/archive -m ARC gdg.sh will scan the /source/data and will move the contents to /dest/data/archive after passing through some filters. Its working superb from bash I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : embedding java script with cgi perl script

Hi All, I am aware that html tags can be embedded in cgi script as below.. In the same way is it possible to embed the below javascript in perl cgi script ?? print("<form action="action.htm" method="post" onSubmit="return submitForm(this.Submitbutton)">"); print("<input type = "text"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl cgi pages out of cgi-bin folder in WINDOWS

Hi team, I have a typical problem with cgi pages in apache webserver in WINDOWS I am able to execute(display) the pages that are saved in cgi-bin folder. But I am not able to execute the pages stored in htdocs or other folder other than cgi-bin folder. Could anyone please let me know how... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl CGI : unable to download the excel sheet from perl cgi page

Hi All, I have written an cgi perl script that displays an image(Excel image) and when clicked on that Image I need to download a excel sheet. I made sure that excel sheet exists in the folder with the given name but still I am not able to download the sheet. print "<center><table... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
WAPITI(1)							   User Commands							 WAPITI(1)

NAME
wapiti - a web application vulnerability scanner. SYNOPSIS
wapiti http://server.com/base/url/ [options] DESCRIPTION
Wapiti allows you to audit the security of your web applications. It performs "black-box" scans, i.e. it does not study the source code of the application but will scans the webpages of the deployed webapp, looking for scripts and forms where it can inject data. Once it gets this list, Wapiti acts like a fuzzer, injecting payloads to see if a script is vulnerable. OPTIONS
-s, --start <url> specify an url to start with. -x, --exclude <url> exclude an url from the scan (for example logout scripts) you can also use a wildcard (*): Example : -x "http://server/base/?page=*&module=test" or -x "http://server/base/admin/*" to exclude a directory -p, --proxy <url_proxy> specify a proxy (-p http://proxy:port/) -c, --cookie <cookie_file> use a cookie -t, --timeout <timeout> set the timeout (in seconds) -a, --auth <login%password> set credentials (for HTTP authentication) doesn't work with Python 2.4 -r, --remove <parameter_name> removes a parameter from URLs -m, --module <module> use a predefined set of scan/attack options: GET_ALL: only use GET request (no POST) GET_XSS: only XSS attacks with HTTP GET method POST_XSS: only XSS attacks with HTTP POST method -u, --underline use color to highlight vulnerable parameters in output -v, --verbose <level> set the verbosity level: 0: quiet (default), 1: print each url, 2: print every attack -h, --help print help page EFFICIENCY
Wapiti is developed in Python and use a library called lswww. This web spider library does the most of the work. Unfortunately, the html parsers module within python only works with well formed html pages so lswww fails to extract information from bad-coded webpages. Tidy can clean these webpages on the fly for us so lswww will give pretty good results. In order to make Wapiti far more efficient, you should: apt-get install python-utidylib python-ctypes AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 2006-2007 Nicolas Surribas <nicolas.surribas@gmail.com> Manpage created by Thomas Blasing <thomasbl@pool.math.tu-berlin.de> http://wapiti.sourceforge.net/ July 2007 WAPITI(1)