Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Is gcc compliant with the C++ standards Post 302339133 by hthapar on Wednesday 29th of July 2009 09:51:10 PM
Old 07-29-2009
Is gcc compliant with the C++ standards

Hello Friends,

I am a newbie and have started using different compilers and tools to make myself familiar with their workings. I wanted to know that how compliant is gcc with the C++ standards. It is pretty obvious that no compiler is close to being completely compliant, but if there are some things which are not according to the ANSI/ISO standard; what are they in gcc?

I will be very grateful if someone who is an expert user of gcc can answer this doubt of mine?

Regards.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Standards

I have been asked to put together some coding standards for the project I am assigned to. I have found documented standards for C/C++, Java but was wondering if there is a good place for UNIX scripting (Korn/Bourne) standards? Does anyone know of a good place to find information on scripting... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: google
3 Replies

2. Programming

UNIX version standards

I'm new to UNIX programming. I'm used to starting my program's versions at 1.0, but I look at all the UNIX programs out there and see things like 0.000.1 or 3.3.000 and I'm wondering what these things really mean. Do people just type anything they feel in there? Are things in pre-release... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hirni
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Security Standards...

Hi All, Thanks in advance for reading and any posts. I was wondering if anyone has come across or can recomend or has any security standards that we could implement. We are running production Oracle systems on Solaris 8 boxes (which are global). We are after security considerations... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: B14speedfreak
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Installing gcc - recieve error message gcc : cannot execute

AIM- Install Oracle 11g on Solaris using VMWare Steps 1.Logged on as root 2.Created subfolders à /usr/local/bin & /usr/local/bin/gcc 3.Downloaded gcc & libiconv & unzipped them on my harddrive & burnt them on CD 4.Copied files from CD to /usr/local/bin/gcc 5.Terminal (root) à pkgadd -d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ackers
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making times mysql compliant

I have the following file: Loc1,20080102,230100,0.5617,0.5617 Loc1,20080102,230400,0.5616,0.5616 Loc1,20080102,230700,0.5615,0.5615 Then I use the following code to turn the third column into something which to mysql has the time datatype: sed -i '' -e "s#,\(..\)\(..\)\(..\),#,\1:\2:\3,#"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logical expression in POSIX compliant Korn Shell

Hi, i want to check if a variable var1 is not a or b or c pseudo code: If NOT (var1 = a or var1 = b or var1 = c) then ... fi I want to use POSIX complaint Korn shell, and for string comparison For the following code, logical.sh #!/usr/bin/ksh var="j" echo "Var : $var" if ! { || ||... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysrini
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Q: Is SQRT(n) possible in a POSIX compliant shell? A: Yes within limits.

Hi all... This is just a fun project to see if it is possible to get a square root of a positive integer from 1 to 9200000 to 6 decimal places on a 64 bit architecture machine. It is coded around dash and the results show the values from 0 to 10000. Complex numbers can easily be catered for by... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
3 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

Generate a random number in a fully POSIX compliant shell, 'dash'...

Hi all... Apologies for any typos, etc... This took a while but it didn't beat me... Although there are many methods of generating random numbers in a POSIX shell this uses integer maths and a simple C source to create an executable to get epoch to microseconds accuracy if it is needed. I take... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
8 Replies
HARDENED-CC(1)							 Debian GNU/Linux						    HARDENED-CC(1)

NAME
hardened-cc - gcc wrapper to enforce hardening toolchain improvements SYNOPSIS
export DEB_BUILD_HARDENING=1 gcc ... DESCRIPTION
The hardened-cc wrapper is normally used by calling gcc as usual when DEB_BUILD_HARDENING is set to 1. It will configure the necessary toolchain hardening features. By default, all features are enabled. If a given feature does not work correctly and needs to be disabled, the corresponding environment variables mentioned below can be set to 0. ENVIRONMENT
DEB_BUILD_HARDENING=1 Enable hardening features. DEB_BUILD_HARDENING_DEBUG=1 Print the full resulting gcc command line to STDERR before calling gcc. DEB_BUILD_HARDENING_STACKPROTECTOR=0 Disable stack overflow protection. See README.Debian for details. DEB_BUILD_HARDENING_RELRO=0 Disable read-only linker sections. See README.Debian for details. DEB_BUILD_HARDENING_FORTIFY=0 Don't fortify several standard functions. See README.Debian for details. DEB_BUILD_HARDENING_PIE=0 Don't build position independent executables. See README.Debian for details. DEB_BUILD_HARDENING_FORMAT=0 Disable unsafe format string usage errors. See README.Debian for details. NOTES
System-wide settings can be added to /etc/hardening-wrapper.conf, one per line. The real gcc symlinks are renamed gcc.real, and a diversion is registered with dpkg-divert(1). Thus hardened-cc's idea of the default gcc is dictated by whatever package installed /usr/bin/gcc. SEE ALSO
hardened-ld(1) gcc(1) Debian Project 2008-01-08 HARDENED-CC(1)