Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Defining Custom Signal
Top Forums Programming Defining Custom Signal Post 302339091 by joha on Wednesday 29th of July 2009 06:16:26 PM
Old 07-29-2009
I have removed the mask and switched to sigaction. The SIGINT problem still exists.

If I send SIGINT, then send SIGUSR1 and start using Python, it interrupts the Python instead of the C (even if I wait several seconds between sending SIGINT and SIGUSR1).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Defining Variables

I'm trying to define a variable named sin I already have a variable named cos, which has the value "hello" I want sin to have the value of "hellothere", so sin would be something like sin = $cos & "there" but I'm not sure that I know the syntax. Can anyone help? :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sailorliones
4 Replies

2. AIX

defining a printer in qconfig

I've got a modified samba script (named it winprint) that I can use to print out to a to a shared Win Network printer from an AIX machine. This is a modification of the samba provided smbprint script changed to work under AIX as the backend for a queue. It does not read a config file I can print... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: matheeq
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

defining variables

Hey all, I was wondering if someone would take a look at this script I'm working on. I don't know if i have the syntax correct for my variables and if the for loop is written correctly. any assistance would be greatly appreciated. #!/usr/bin/bash ###########################################... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: em23
12 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Problems with defining triggers

I am running the example from the following webpage: MySQL :: MySQL 5.0 Reference Manual :: 12.1.11 CREATE TRIGGER Syntax and the problem is that triggers cannot be defined for some reason: CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS triggertest; USE triggertest; CREATE TABLE test1(a1 INT); CREATE TABLE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
3 Replies

5. Programming

Defining the inputStream object

Question regarding extend issue What is the reason behind defining the inputStream object in this way... InputStream inputStream = new FileInputStream("c:\\input.txt"); I know that FileInputStream extends InputStream, is there anything else ? I mean we could have define it like ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

defining variable in .profile

In root dir i have created a .profile file and added variable and assigned a path to it: a = '/dir/dir' export a but when i echo (echo $a) the path or use this variable the value or path not getting displayed. i tried executing the .profile and logging out and logging in, didnt workout. am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhi_n123
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Defining an alias FreeBSD

I have defined this alias as quick way to find out which mount point to use for a USB drive after inserting it: # alias da='dmesg | grep da | grep MB' However, when invoking it, it states the following: # da da: Command not found. Can someone explain what is the issue here and how it can be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with defining PATH

Hi All, I have a trivial question but I dont know how to solve it. So basically I'm working on a USB key and I have a directory with some scripts which I use to work on files present in other directories within the USB or sometimes on the main harddisk too. The problem is every time I have to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawannoel
3 Replies

9. Programming

Problem defining a struct

I have the following code and getting the compilation errors baseLib/DynBaseObj.h:80: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘(' token baseLib/DynBaseObj.h:89: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘(' token baseLib/DynBaseObj.h:101:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Defining variable problem

Hi I'd say I'm having this weird problem where my script isn't taking the value off a variable or printing it. My code is like this: set count_C= `grep -c C mols` set count_H= `grep -c H mols` set count_O= `grep -c O mols` sed -i '7,7 s/$/ $count_C $count_O $count_H/g' input It... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saleheen
8 Replies
KILL(2) 						      BSD System Calls Manual							   KILL(2)

NAME
kill -- send signal to a process LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <signal.h> int kill(pid_t pid, int sig); DESCRIPTION
The kill() system call sends the signal given by sig to pid, a process or a group of processes. The sig argument may be one of the signals specified in sigaction(2) or it may be 0, in which case error checking is performed but no signal is actually sent. This can be used to check the validity of pid. For a process to have permission to send a signal to a process designated by pid, the user must be the super-user, or the real or saved user ID of the receiving process must match the real or effective user ID of the sending process. A single exception is the signal SIGCONT, which may always be sent to any process with the same session ID as the sender. In addition, if the security.bsd.conservative_signals sysctl is set to 1, the user is not a super-user, and the receiver is set-uid, then only job control and terminal control signals may be sent (in par- ticular, only SIGKILL, SIGINT, SIGTERM, SIGALRM, SIGSTOP, SIGTTIN, SIGTTOU, SIGTSTP, SIGHUP, SIGUSR1, SIGUSR2). If pid is greater than zero: The sig signal is sent to the process whose ID is equal to pid. If pid is zero: The sig signal is sent to all processes whose group ID is equal to the process group ID of the sender, and for which the process has permission; this is a variant of killpg(2). If pid is -1: If the user has super-user privileges, the signal is sent to all processes excluding system processes (with P_SYSTEM flag set), process with ID 1 (usually init(8)), and the process sending the signal. If the user is not the super user, the signal is sent to all processes with the same uid as the user excluding the process sending the signal. No error is returned if any process could be signaled. For compatibility with System V, if the process number is negative but not -1, the signal is sent to all processes whose process group ID is equal to the absolute value of the process number. This is a variant of killpg(2). RETURN VALUES
The kill() function returns the value 0 if successful; otherwise the value -1 is returned and the global variable errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The kill() system call will fail and no signal will be sent if: [EINVAL] The sig argument is not a valid signal number. [ESRCH] No process or process group can be found corresponding to that specified by pid. [EPERM] The sending process does not have permission to send sig to the receiving process. SEE ALSO
getpgrp(2), getpid(2), killpg(2), sigaction(2), sigqueue(2), raise(3), init(8) STANDARDS
The kill() system call is expected to conform to ISO/IEC 9945-1:1990 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
The kill() function appeared in Version 7 AT&T UNIX. BSD
March 15, 2012 BSD