Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting comment and uncomment a line with Shell Script Post 302339019 by Corona688 on Wednesday 29th of July 2009 01:40:55 PM
Old 07-29-2009
Quote:
Its urgent, please let me asap!!!
There's an 'urgent' forum here if it truly is, but this is not it. I am here though, so:

to comment:
Code:
sed -i 's@^/opt/admin/fastpg/bin/fastpg.exe -c -=NET@#/opt/admin/fastpg/bin/fastpg.exe -c -=NET@g' scriptfilename

to uncomment:
Code:
sed -i 's@^#/opt/admin/fastpg/bin/fastpg.exe -c -=NET@/opt/admin/fastpg/bin/fastpg.exe -c -=NET@g' scriptfilename

Or you could make two copies of the script file, modify one of them, and make the original a symlink that can be easily changed to point to whichever one you want.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Block Comment in Shell script

how to put multiline comments in a shell script like /* Some code */ in C language? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment and Uncomment single task out of multiple task

I have a file contains TASK gsnmpproxy { CommandLine = $SMCHOME/bin/gsnmpProxy.exe } TASK gsnmpdbgui { CommandLine = $SMCHOME/bin/gsnmpdbgui.exe I would like to comment and than uncomment specific task eg TASK gsnmpproxy Pls suggest how to do in shell script (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhusmita
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comment/uncomment a cron

Hi, My requirement is to comment/uncomment a cron job through a script. 1. Redirected the output of crontab -l to a text file. crontab -l >cronoutput.txt 2. grep to find the script running and sed to place the comment (#) as the first char grep -i 'weblogicmonitor.sh'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mannepalli
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

uncomment or comment one specific line in a config file

Hello. I want comment or uncomment a ligne in a config file. The file name : /etc/samba/smb.conf Normaly the ligne is uncomment :so the line begin with a tab character followed by passdb backend =\tpassdb backend = In that case I should comment this line ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment/uncomment grep output

Hi I need help to comment/uncomment the output from grep command output within a file from command line using shell script. # grep -i -p testfs filesystem.out /TestFs: dev = /dev/TestFslv vfs = jfs2 log = /dev/hd8 mount ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbak
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

add line and remove comment in some script

Hi, i need some help. i am not sure about my idea. I have a script directory under my home directory,which has a lot of scripts in it. These are some names of the scripts in /axxhome/prdv/script aly300.sh axt300.sh arv300.sh clp300.sh ctth300.sh aly400.sh axt400.sh arv400.sh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: debu000
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Easiest way to comment/uncomment a shell script?

cd path line1 line2 line3 line4 line5 Lets say thats the sample script...So say if i have to comment the above script, which would be the better way so that whenever i want, i cud comment or uncomment the same. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saggiboy10
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To comment/uncomment in config file

hi! I want to comment and uncomment 2 lines in my config files that goes like: CONTACT_LIST="abc@xyz.com;" #CONTACT_LIST="def@xyz.com;" I want to sawp the commnets in above lines and desired output should be: #CONTACT_LIST="abc@xyz.com;" CONTACT_LIST="def@xyz.com;" Please suggest. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptNovice
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl uncomment line

Hi guys I am making a bash script, need to un-comment a line remove the"#" Want to accomplish this with a Perl command. Line is like this: #readclients = yes Need it like this: readclients = yes Any help would be really appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tox
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sql multi line comment /* shell interpretation issue

Greetings Experts, I do have some basic knowledge of Unix. The task I am trying to do through shell script is to generate the view script for all of the tables which is in YYYYMMDD format (I assume I am on Ksh). I have certain tables that ends in YYYYMMDD format (eg: tbl_20150630) For each... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
1 Replies
NRPORTS(5)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							NRPORTS(5)

NAME
nrports - NET/ROM port configuration file. DESCRIPTION
Nrports is an ASCII file that contains information about each of the NET/ROM ports that are to be used. When dealing with an NET/ROM util- ity such as call, it takes an optional argument that is the port name. This port name is a reference to the line within nrports, which has the same name. The information on each line contains enough information to bind the command to a particular NET/ROM interface, this binding is done by matching the callsign on the line in nrports with the callsign of the port set by ifconfig. The nrports file may contain comments that begin with a # in the first column, or a port description in the following format, each field being delimited by white space: name callsign alias paclen description The field descriptions are: name this is the unique NET/ROM port identifier. callsign the callsign of the NET/ROM interface to bind to. alias this is the alias of the NET/ROM port. paclen is the default packet size for this interface. description a free format description of this interface, this field extends to the end of the line. It may contain spaces. FILES
/etc/ax25/nrports SEE ALSO
call(1), netrom(4), ifconfig(8), nrparms(8). Linux 2 August 1996 NRPORTS(5)