Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Defining Custom Signal
Top Forums Programming Defining Custom Signal Post 302339003 by Corona688 on Wednesday 29th of July 2009 12:50:42 PM
Old 07-29-2009
We can't read your code from here unless you post it. I wonder if there are problems with your signal mask.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Defining Variables

I'm trying to define a variable named sin I already have a variable named cos, which has the value "hello" I want sin to have the value of "hellothere", so sin would be something like sin = $cos & "there" but I'm not sure that I know the syntax. Can anyone help? :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sailorliones
4 Replies

2. AIX

defining a printer in qconfig

I've got a modified samba script (named it winprint) that I can use to print out to a to a shared Win Network printer from an AIX machine. This is a modification of the samba provided smbprint script changed to work under AIX as the backend for a queue. It does not read a config file I can print... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: matheeq
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

defining variables

Hey all, I was wondering if someone would take a look at this script I'm working on. I don't know if i have the syntax correct for my variables and if the for loop is written correctly. any assistance would be greatly appreciated. #!/usr/bin/bash ###########################################... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: em23
12 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Problems with defining triggers

I am running the example from the following webpage: MySQL :: MySQL 5.0 Reference Manual :: 12.1.11 CREATE TRIGGER Syntax and the problem is that triggers cannot be defined for some reason: CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS triggertest; USE triggertest; CREATE TABLE test1(a1 INT); CREATE TABLE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
3 Replies

5. Programming

Defining the inputStream object

Question regarding extend issue What is the reason behind defining the inputStream object in this way... InputStream inputStream = new FileInputStream("c:\\input.txt"); I know that FileInputStream extends InputStream, is there anything else ? I mean we could have define it like ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

defining variable in .profile

In root dir i have created a .profile file and added variable and assigned a path to it: a = '/dir/dir' export a but when i echo (echo $a) the path or use this variable the value or path not getting displayed. i tried executing the .profile and logging out and logging in, didnt workout. am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhi_n123
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Defining an alias FreeBSD

I have defined this alias as quick way to find out which mount point to use for a USB drive after inserting it: # alias da='dmesg | grep da | grep MB' However, when invoking it, it states the following: # da da: Command not found. Can someone explain what is the issue here and how it can be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with defining PATH

Hi All, I have a trivial question but I dont know how to solve it. So basically I'm working on a USB key and I have a directory with some scripts which I use to work on files present in other directories within the USB or sometimes on the main harddisk too. The problem is every time I have to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawannoel
3 Replies

9. Programming

Problem defining a struct

I have the following code and getting the compilation errors baseLib/DynBaseObj.h:80: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘(' token baseLib/DynBaseObj.h:89: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘(' token baseLib/DynBaseObj.h:101:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Defining variable problem

Hi I'd say I'm having this weird problem where my script isn't taking the value off a variable or printing it. My code is like this: set count_C= `grep -c C mols` set count_H= `grep -c H mols` set count_O= `grep -c O mols` sed -i '7,7 s/$/ $count_C $count_O $count_H/g' input It... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saleheen
8 Replies
pause(2)							   System Calls 							  pause(2)

NAME
pause - suspend process until signal SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> int pause(void); DESCRIPTION
The pause() function suspends the calling process until it receives a signal. The signal must be one that is not currently set to be ignored by the calling process. If the signal causes termination of the calling process, pause() does not return. If the signal is caught by the calling process and control is returned from the signal-catching function (see signal(3C)), the calling process resumes execution from the point of suspension. RETURN VALUES
Since pause() suspends thread execution indefinitely unless interrupted by a signal, there is no successful completion return value. If interrupted, it returns -1 and sets errno to indicate the error. ERRORS
The pause() function will fail if: EINTR A signal is caught by the calling process and control is returned from the signal-catching function. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Async-Signal-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
alarm(2), kill(2), signal(3C), wait(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 28 Dec 1996 pause(2)