Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sys Admin Certification
Operating Systems Solaris Sys Admin Certification Post 302338952 by King Nothing on Wednesday 29th of July 2009 10:39:16 AM
Old 07-29-2009
I wish that I could get such an opportunity of core sys admin. But those chances look quite bleak. So I was thinking of going for it all alone.
Thanks a lot for your encouraging words Smilie.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get hired as a Unix sys admin?

What do employers look for? I have my B.S in Comp Sci and minor in chemistry from UNC. But my GPA is a bit low (3.0) I'm studying for my Sun Solaris 9 certification. Is a certification and a Bachelors enough to get a job? Or do you need some related work experience? How hard is it to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CapsuleCorpJX
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Raid help for new sys admin

Hi, I have a Sunfire v240 with 4 72GB internal disks (drive 0 is the system disk). Scratch the following ( Revised requirements below) I need to set up a Raid using the remaining 3 disks for a Oracle database, but don't know how to do it (or the size of the database). I don't know if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: antalexi
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Network Sys Admin

Hi, my name is wesly. I an IT tech at the Junior Level. I have a bachelors degree in Computer Information Systems. I would like to fully become a Unix Sys Admin. Can anyone please tell me what I have to do. Do I have to set up a Unix or Linux server. How about Apache. Please give me clues and tips... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wes.lat
1 Replies

4. AIX

Help training for Unix Sys Admin

I have worked on AIX for a number of years now and want to upskill to Sys Admin. My problem is my employer won't give root access etc to their servers so I must find my own way of training. Can anyone suggest a virtual environment I could use to train for AIX sys admin tasks, or suggest an old... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackmeadow
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Platform trends (what to aim for to become a sys admin)

I am currently an AIX operator at IBM (Montreal Canada). In my career path, I wish to become a system admin. I know about Linux because I'v had ubuntu at home for 2 years. What platform should I aim for in becoming a system admin ? What book would you recomand ? What certification would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

6. AIX

Role of sys admin during power outage in Data center

i am new to aix environment and all my servers are @ remote location just curious to know , what issues/tasks we will be facing when there is a power outage in a data centre, i heard outage's will be a challenging task for administrators.. any example of that sort will be a great help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rigin
2 Replies

7. AIX

AIX 101 : Sys Admin Pocket Survival Guide

HOW-TO AIX Admin 101 Sys Admin Pocket Survival Guide - AIX Worth checking it out and printing it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies
flumotion-admin(1)						     Flumotion							flumotion-admin(1)

NAME
flumotion-admin - streaming media server administration GUI SYNOPSIS
flumotion-admin [ -h ] [ --debug debug configuration ] [ -m manager ] [ --no-ssl ] DESCRIPTION
flumotion-admin is a GUI application that provides administration capabilities for the flumotion streaming server. Using it, you can con- figure and monitor the streams flumotion serves. flumotion-admin connects to a running flumotion-manager to control the manager, start and stop components, and display logging and monitoring information about the running components. You must start flumotion-manager before you can use flumotion-admin , but once you've done so you can just run flumotion-admin with no arguments to start the GUI. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show a brief help message, then exit. --version Show the version number. -v, --verbose Be verbose in console output. This is equivalent to setting the debug level to 3, and will override any debug specifiers. -dDEBUG, --debug=DEBUG Set the debug configuration to the specified debug string. See the Debugging section for details of this. -mMANAGER, --manager=MANAGER Set the manager connection string in the form [username[:password]@]host:port --no-ssl Disable encryption when connecting to the manager. DEBUGGING
In the unlikely event of something in flumotion not working, you might want to debug it. The flumotion tools ( flumotion-worker , flumo- tion-admin , and flumotion-manager ) all allow you to turn on debugging output in two different ways. Firstly, you can use an environment variable, FLU_DEBUG. Secondly, you can launch the program with a -d or --debug switch. Either approach allows you to specify a debug configuration string with the following syntax: name1:n1,name2:n2,name3:n3 In this syntax, the 'name' variables can be replaced with the name of a particular module within flumotion (such as 'admin', 'twisted', etc.). You can also use '*' to specify all modules. The 'n' variables are numbers from 1 to 5, larger numbers corresponding to more verbose output (ERROR, WARN, INFO, DEBUG, and LOG). At level 4, full debugging information is emitted. You can also use an abbreviated form where you just supply a single number, thisuses that debug level for all modules. Thus the simplest way to enable full debug output for all modules is to use '-d 4' on the command line. A more complex example would be '-d *:3,admin:4' to set the logging level for the admin module to DEBUG, and for all other modules to INFO. BUGS
Hopefully none. If you find any bugs, please report them at https://core.fluendo.com/trac/cgi-bin/trac.cgi SEE ALSO
flumotion(1),flumotion-worker(1),flumotion-manager(1) Fluendo 2009 September 4 flumotion-admin(1)