Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Postfix: Masquerading_Domains does not work Post 302338935 by xunil321 on Wednesday 29th of July 2009 09:53:18 AM
Old 07-29-2009
Postfix: Masquerading_Domains does not work

Dear all!

We are using a SLES 10 SP2 system where we installed a
Mail Server according to this tutorial:

Cool Solutions: Configuring a Mail Server on SLES

Everything is running fine except for the Masquerading
feature. For instance the e-mail sender should have this
"user@example.com" form but it appears as "user@mail-s.
example.com".
Here is now the relevant /etc/postfix/main.cf entry:
masquerade_domains=ldap:/etc/postfix/ldapmasquerade_
domains.cf

ldapmasquerade_domains.cf has this content:
# This file was created by yast2-mail-server. Please do
not edit it!
server_host=localhost
query_filter=(&(objectclass=suseMailDomain)(zoneName=%s)
(suseMailDomainMasquerading=yes))
search_base=ou=DNS,dc=example,dc=com
timeout=20
result_attribute=zoneName
bind=no
server_port=389
scope=sub
#

By using "masquerade_domains=example.com" in the main.cf
file, the sender is now as we want to see it ie.
"user@example.com".

Any idea what's wrong with the ldapmasquerade_domains.cf
configuration?

THX, Rainer

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Postfix

I can send email. I just can't receive email I am getting and error Permanent Failure: 554_Transaction_failed. All the services are running. I can telnet to 110 25 143. I am also running Imap. I can send and receive email internally I can send email outside of my network I can't receive emails... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbizzell
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Postfix 2.3.

When I use the postalias command I am getting an error that says no mapping in /etc/mail/mailer.conf. I am running FreeBsd 6.1 and in my main.cf I have my alias database is alias_maps= hash:/etc/mail/aliases I tried the command two different ways /usr/local/sbin/postalias /etc/mail/aliases... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbizzell
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script doesn't work, but commands inside work

Howdie everyone... I have a shell script RemoveFiles.sh Inside this file, it only has two commands as below: rm -f ../../reportToday/temp/* rm -f ../../report/* My problem is that when i execute this script, nothing happened. Files remained unremoved. I don't see any error message as it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheongww
2 Replies

4. Linux

postfix

hi when I telnet to my machine on port 25 and send an email to myself, the machine sends the email to the old corporate mail server instead of the new corporate mail server. how to change that so that any email sent from my linux box goes directly to the new mail server? thx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

postfix

I have a strange problem I have a solaris 8 machine which sends me an email to my outlook every night about the status of the system. The end of this script looks like this mailx -s "$TITLE" mrxyz@mycompany.com < $TMPF and it is working fine My problem is when i just use mailx... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

postfix - reinject mail to postfix from hold queue directory

hi all. Am using smtpd_recipient_restrictions & check_recipient_access in postfix. The hash file looks like this: emailaddress1 HOLD emailaddress2 HOLD The aim is to place email from these recipients in the hold directory,check them then reinject them back in postfix on some... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help with Postfix config issue - How to allow remote Exchange server to relay to my postfix

Hi guys One of our clients have a problem with sending email to a certain domain. No matter what we try, the mails just dont get delivered. What I did then, is created a new connector on their Exchange server, pointing all mail sent to their client at "domain1" to relay to our Postfix mail... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

My script work on Linux but not work in sunos.

My script work on Linux but not work in sun os. my script. logFiles="sentLog1.log sentLog2.log" intial_time="0 0" logLocation="/usr/local/tomcat/logs/" sleepTime=600 failMessage=":: $(tput bold)Log not update$(tput rmso) = " successMessage="OK" arr=($logFiles)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
7 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Postfix: Active Directory and postfix alias

I have a mailserver with postfix i want to alias all mail for administrator@domain.fqdn to root@domain.fqdn I have the aliases configured,and i did newliases but doesn't work. How to did this?Postfix is configured for virtual domain on ad server. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
2 Replies

10. IP Networking

Discussion at work, would a router work pluging a cable in wan1 and lan1?

hi all. and sorry for the random question, but this sparkled a raging flame-war at work and i want more points of view situation a router, with linux of some sort, dhcp client requesting for ip in wan1 (as usual with wan ports) dhcp server listening in lan1, and assigning ip (as usual... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: broli
9 Replies
Mail::Transport::Exim(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Mail::Transport::Exim(3pm)

NAME
Mail::Transport::Exim - transmit messages using external Exim program INHERITANCE
Mail::Transport::Exim is a Mail::Transport::Send is a Mail::Transport is a Mail::Reporter SYNOPSIS
my $sender = Mail::Transport::Exim->new(...); $sender->send($message); DESCRIPTION
Implements mail transport using the external 'Exim' program. When instantiated, the mailer will look for the binary in specific system directories, and the first version found is taken. METHODS
Constructors Mail::Transport::Exim->new(OPTIONS) If you have Exim installed in a non-standard location, you will need to specify the path, using new(proxy). -Option --Defined in --Default executable Mail::Transport undef hostname Mail::Transport 'localhost' interval Mail::Transport 30 log Mail::Reporter 'WARNINGS' password Mail::Transport undef port Mail::Transport undef proxy Mail::Transport undef retry Mail::Transport <false> timeout Mail::Transport 120 trace Mail::Reporter 'WARNINGS' username Mail::Transport undef via Mail::Transport 'exim' executable => FILENAME hostname => HOSTNAME|ARRAY-OF-HOSTNAMES interval => SECONDS log => LEVEL password => STRING port => INTEGER proxy => PATH retry => NUMBER|undef timeout => SECONDS trace => LEVEL username => STRING via => CLASS|NAME Sending mail $obj->destinations(MESSAGE, [ADDRESS|ARRAY-OF-ADDRESSES]) See "Sending mail" in Mail::Transport::Send $obj->putContent(MESSAGE, FILEHANDLE, OPTIONS) See "Sending mail" in Mail::Transport::Send $obj->send(MESSAGE, OPTIONS) See "Sending mail" in Mail::Transport::Send $obj->trySend(MESSAGE, OPTIONS) Server connection $obj->findBinary(NAME [, DIRECTORIES]) See "Server connection" in Mail::Transport $obj->remoteHost() See "Server connection" in Mail::Transport $obj->retry() See "Server connection" in Mail::Transport Error handling $obj->AUTOLOAD() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->addReport(OBJECT) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->defaultTrace([LEVEL]|[LOGLEVEL, TRACELEVEL]|[LEVEL, CALLBACK]) Mail::Transport::Exim->defaultTrace([LEVEL]|[LOGLEVEL, TRACELEVEL]|[LEVEL, CALLBACK]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->errors() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->log([LEVEL [,STRINGS]]) Mail::Transport::Exim->log([LEVEL [,STRINGS]]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->logPriority(LEVEL) Mail::Transport::Exim->logPriority(LEVEL) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->logSettings() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->notImplemented() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->report([LEVEL]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->reportAll([LEVEL]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->trace([LEVEL]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->warnings() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter Cleanup $obj->DESTROY() See "Cleanup" in Mail::Reporter $obj->inGlobalDestruction() See "Cleanup" in Mail::Reporter DIAGNOSTICS
Error: Errors when closing Exim mailer $program: $! The Exim mail transfer agent did start, but was not able to handle the message correctly. Warning: Message has no destination It was not possible to figure-out where the message is intended to go to. Error: Package $package does not implement $method. Fatal error: the specific package (or one of its superclasses) does not implement this method where it should. This message means that some other related classes do implement this method however the class at hand does not. Probably you should investigate this and probably inform the author of the package. Warning: Resent group does not specify a destination The message which is sent is the result of a bounce (for instance created with Mail::Message::bounce()), and therefore starts with a "Received" header field. With the "bounce", the new destination(s) of the message are given, which should be included as "Resent-To", "Resent-Cc", and "Resent-Bcc". The "To", "Cc", and "Bcc" header information is only used if no "Received" was found. That seems to be the best explanation of the RFC. As alternative, you may also specify the "to" option to some of the senders (for instance Mail::Transport::SMTP::send(to) to overrule any information found in the message itself about the destination. SEE ALSO
This module is part of Mail-Box distribution version 2.105, built on May 07, 2012. Website: http://perl.overmeer.net/mailbox/ LICENSE
Copyrights 2001-2012 by [Mark Overmeer]. For other contributors see ChangeLog. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.14.2 2012-05-07 Mail::Transport::Exim(3pm)