Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Where would you start? (question for the programmer / hacker) Post 302338803 by sparcguy on Wednesday 29th of July 2009 02:34:28 AM
Old 07-29-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2AllThis
That does not seem very entertaining. My problem is this: I'd like to know how to program and be an awesome hacker, but I don't have the motivation to go through all the tedious steps in getting there.

There's 2 kinds of "hackers" one is a true hacker who starts out with an passion or hobby writing code and spends all his/her time doing it or constantly trying news ways of overloading or testing to uncover bugs or weakness for certain software. These people are the quiet group never boastful or revealing too much about themselves, this group the authorities take seriously.

The other is what they call a "script kiddie" ie someone who is lazy, doesn't like to write any code but like to looks for tools available on internet like sniffers or join forums try to use somebody's idea, like to brag a lot how good they are - script kiddies mostly loners or nobody trying to be somebody.

The only final outcome for a "Awesome Hacker" is prison. Do something that will affect a lot of people in the world and the FBI will send someone to pick you up .... bring lots of of KY, you gonna need it for your prison pals.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Hacker=Knowlegde Qoute

I don't know if anyone has seen this commercial, either on TV or on the internet, but it's an IBM Linux Prodigy commercial. Linux Prodigy 4Gf6hq8J_DQ At around 33 seconds there is a quote about collecting and sharing data. A couple of friends and I watched this and decided to try to create a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Texasone
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED Question: Search and Replace start of line to matching pattern

Hi guys, got a problem here with sed on the command line. If i have a string as below: online xx:wer:xcv: sdf:/asdf/http:https-asdfd How can i match the pattern "http:" and replace the start of the string to the pattern with null? I tried the following but it doesn't work: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
3 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

I want to be a white-hat hacker!

HI, i want to be a white hacker(those who use their skills in ethical hacking) for that what all languages do i need to know i am working in an IT company and its paying me well, i just want to learn it because it has always attracted me..i know c,c++,shell,little bit html what else do... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_4_u
13 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

A Programmer is .....

https://www.unix.com/picture.php?albumid=112&pictureid=603 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
7 Replies
SUBSCRIPTIONS(5)					    InterNetNews Documentation						  SUBSCRIPTIONS(5)

NAME
subscriptions - Default recommended subscriptions DESCRIPTION
The pathetc/subscriptions file contains a list of newsgroups that is returned by the NNTP command LIST SUBSCRIPTIONS. Clients that support this command usually send it the first time they connect to a new news server. They use the returned list to initialize the list of subscribed newsgroups. The subscriptions file therefore should contain groups intended for new users, for testing, or that contain FAQs and other useful information for first-time Usenet users. The syntax of the subscriptions file is trivial; it is a simple list of newsgroup names, one per line. The order of newsgroups may be significant; the news reading client may present the groups in that order to the user. EXAMPLE
A typical subscriptions file may look like: news.announce.newusers news.newusers.questions local.test local.general local.talk misc.test misc.test.moderated news.answers news.announce.newgroups This gives the client the FAQs and question newsgroup for new users first, then a local newsgroup for testing and various commonly-read local discussion groups, followed by the world-wide test groups, all the FAQs, and announcements of new world-wide newsgroups. If there is a local new users group, one might want to list it first. HISTORY
Written by Bettina Fink <laura@hydrophil.de> for InterNetNews. $Id: subscriptions.pod 8822 2009-11-20 17:34:15Z iulius $ SEE ALSO
nnrpd(8). INN 2.5.2 2010-02-08 SUBSCRIPTIONS(5)