Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Problem of install rsync on Solaris 10 Post 302338789 by Tlg13team on Wednesday 29th of July 2009 12:29:30 AM
Old 07-29-2009
thank

thank reply all. i have install this package after fix it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris install problem

I am trying to install Solaris 2.8 on an Ultra 5 with Openboot 3.11 from the install cd. I type in boot cdrom, and I get the error: Boot device: /pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/ide@3/cdrom@2,0:f File and args : /platform/sun4u/kernel/genunix. Elf32 read error. I looked up the error, and it said to reset the boot... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeremiebarber
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Install Solaris 10 Problem

Hi! I have tried to install Solaris 10 on my laptop for some time now i have tried a lot of things but i have never been lucky...please can someone of you help me.. I have a Acer Aspire 1350 AMD ATHLON XP-M 2800+ MEMORY: 256MB DDR SDRAM GRAPHICS CARD: VIA KM400 The screen goes black... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CreamHarry
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Install problem Solaris 10.1 6/06

Hi all! I'm trying to install Solaris 10.1 6/06 and got a problem under the install,after the first Grub screen the screen went black and all letters are seen as dots, i have installed Solaris 10 earlier and that goes without any problem. Are there any settings i can do to Grub under the first... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: larsgk
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris install problem!!

I am running an x86 system with a clean 300GB hard drive. i installed solaris10 on it the first time as a slave drive(the other drive had xp on it and it was the active part). it gave me bad file system error among other things...bla bla bla... so i took out the drive with xp on it and switched... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vutty81
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Problem after Install SUN solaris x86

after install solaris x86 on my computer success, but it can't boot. When the machine start, and i choose option 1 - default, it shows "W" on screen and system restart . Anyone can help me. My computer : dual core - 1gb ram - x86 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: quan0509
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 on Enterprise 4500 install problem

Good day, I am dummie on solaris and trying learning about Solaris, so no much experience, this is my problem, I got enterprise 4500 SUN Sparc hardware, has 2 internal SCSI HD, when I try to install Solaris 10 says that "no disk found" at middle of installation, I already change the HD and the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgargarcia_y2k
3 Replies

7. SCO

install rsync on SCO 5.0.6

hi Howto install rsync on SCO 5.0.6? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
3 Replies

8. Solaris

nagios-plugins-1.4.15 Install Problem on Solaris 10

I am trying to install nagios-plugins-1.4.15 on a Solaris 10 box and when I run the ./configure script I get this error: checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... configure: error: no acceptable grep could be found in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thatwaseasy
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Install rsync HP-UX

Hello, I am looking for some help on how to install rsync. Before you point me to other resources I have the directory that was used to install rsync on an integration server. Unfortunately the person concerned is no longer available to perform the task on the production server. HP-UX hermes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: YogaBija
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris install problem

Hi does someone have a solaris 10 install problem on a sunfire v880? it keeps hanging (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: simplextibi
8 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)