Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SCSI boot errors
Operating Systems Solaris SCSI boot errors Post 302338712 by microbot on Tuesday 28th of July 2009 05:23:01 PM
Old 07-28-2009
probalbly just is the fs error which can be fixed from format menu

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Boot loop errors caused by RC.CONF

Hello all! I am praying someone can help me. I have been trying to install dual nics on my FreeBSD box. In my attempts I edited my RC.CONF file. I must have editing something wrong, because during the boot sequence, my machine gets through bringing up most of the services then it stops and gets... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezekiel61
5 Replies

2. AIX

Adapter Errors and Link Errors

$ errpt | more IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi1 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi0 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Major OS errors/Bash errors help!!!!

Hi all, dummy here.... I have major errors on entering the shell. On login I get: -bash: dircolors: command not found -bash: tr: command not found -bash: fgrep: command not found -bash: grep: command not found -bash: grep: command not found -bash: id: command not found -bash: [: =: unary... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: wcmmlynn
12 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Custom kernel compiling, won't boot, and errors.

First of all, I'd like to preface this post by relaying that I have considerable experience with FreeBSD but I'm a Linux newb. I've been attempting to compile linux-2.6.29.3 from source and I'm having some problems and have a few newb questions... a) First of all, my kernel won't boot, it fails... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: urbanriot
0 Replies

5. AIX

AIX 5.3 Boot Errors

IBM P Series #7026 Error Codes #E47E212E - init #1BA70F4E - SRC #BA431EB7 - SRC #C69F5C9B- SYSPROC #369DO49B - SYSPFS This happens on reboot the core dump fills up the root file system so I don't think it completes the dump. I can't read the core file with dbx. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tholmes
6 Replies

6. Hardware

How to boot from scsi id1

I'm running sco 5.0.6 on two independent hard drives. I have one hard drive set at scsi id 0 and can boot from it with no problems. I have another hard drive set at scsi id 1 but cannot boot from it. I'm using an adaptec 29160 controller card. I have set the boot scsi id to 1 in SCSI select but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: powwm
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun Sparc Ultra 4 won't boot - disk errors

Hi all. I am seeing in one of our less-used servers that it crashed and now won't restart. I get the message 'continue with normal startup or boot into maintenance mode'. I go into maintenance and run fsck on /usr0 (mentioned in error at restart) it then reboots but goes right back to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
3 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

What do these SCSI errors mean?

Linux / Kernel experts, Please help. I'm getting errors with various return codes, similar to: kernel: SCSI error : <0 0 5 165> return code = 0x8000002 I would like to know how / where to lookup the definition of the numbers between the angle brackets, and the return code itself. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bumblebee
3 Replies

9. Hardware

Cannot boot from scsi cdrom

I have a server with a scsi raid controller (for hard drives) and a scsi controller (for tape drive and cd-rom). I am trying to boot from the cd-rom but can't. During boot up, bootable media is detected in the cd-rom but the system will not boot from it. BIOS for the raid controller installs but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: powwm
1 Replies
sys_attrs_bparm(5)						File Formats Manual						sys_attrs_bparm(5)

NAME
sys_attrs_bparm - bparm subsystem attributes DESCRIPTION
This reference page lists and describes attributes for the Boot Parameters (bparm) kernel subsystem. Refer to the sys_attrs(5) reference page for an introduction to the topic of kernel subsystem attributes. Identifies the device from which the system was last booted. This attribute corresponds to the console firmware environment vari- able with the same name. Do not modify this value, which is set when the system boots. A combination of flags that controls the boot loader and kernel. This attribute corresponds to the console firmware environment variable with the same name. Values for the variable are: Boot to multiuser mode. By default, the kernel boots to single-user mode. Enable the kdebug debugger to debug the kernel. By default, kdebug is not enabled in the kernel. Produce full dumps when the system crashes. By default, partial dumps are produced. Prompt for an alternate kernel and special arguments when the system is booted. By default, no questions are asked. Set boot_osflags only at the console prompt or by using the consvar utility. Identifies the boot device to be used when one is not included in the boot command line. This attribute corresponds to the console firmware environment variable with the same name. Set bootdef_dev only at the console prompt or by using the consvar utility. SEE ALSO
Commands: consvar(8) Others: sys_attrs(5) System Administration sys_attrs_bparm(5)