Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers single line command to delete a 6 months old file Post 302338710 by wtolentino on Tuesday 28th of July 2009 05:15:54 PM
Old 07-28-2009
great thanks. assuming that i have other files that are not in PCARDDAILYmmddyyyy.txt such as EATVDAILmmddyyyy.txt and i am only restricted to delete files that starts with PCARDDAILY*.txt. are other files that resides on the same directory will be deleted with this command:

Code:
find . -mtime +180 -exec rm -rf {} \;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single line file editing command?

Hello everyone. I have been reading a lot about the various different text editors at my disposal through Unix, but I just can't seem to close the deal for what I am trying to do. Is there a way to issue a single line command to edit a file where pattern=x, and do it non-destructively AND in-place?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gator76
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files older than 3 months.(read date from the name of the file)

Guys, My log files stored in the date format format below(log_20080714072942): TIMESTAMP=`date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S` LOG=/log/log_${TIMESTAMP}.log I'm looking for a shell script which deletes all files which is older than 3 months from today. Regards, Bhagat (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagat.singh-j
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete a single space in a line

hi i have a line like TL1330000000800 000DE9248737900 08000TS0231DE92 87379AMEX0000.T N 0080000000 00000. if there any single space between strings, i need to delete, if more than one keep the space as it is can some one help thanks Satya (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satyak
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash script to delete file input on command line

1) I wrote a script and gave the desired permissions using "chmod 755 scriptname". Now if i edit the script file, why do i need to set the permission again? Didn't i set the permission attribute.. or if i edit the file, does the inode number of file changes? 2) I am running my unix on a server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: animesharma
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete the line if the first letter is a single digit

Hi, I'm trying to acheive the following, I have a dat file in which i have several addresses, If the address starts with a single digit then i have to delete the line, if it starts with 2 or more digits then i have to keep the line Here is a sample of my file: 377 CARRER DE LA... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete the line with a particular string in a file using sed command.

Hello, I want to delete all lines with given string in file1 and the string val is dynamic. Can this be done using sed command. Sample: vars="test twinning yellow" for i in $vars do grep $i file1 if then echo "Do Nothing" else sed `/$i/d` file1 fi done Using the above... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: PrasadAruna
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

Need Script to ZIP/SAVE & then DELETE Log file & DELETE ZIPS older than 12 months

ENVIROMENT Linux: Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) iPlanet: iPlanet-WebServer-Enterprise/6.0SP1 Log Path: /usr/iplanet/servers/https-company/logs I have iPlanet log rotation enabled rotating files on a daily basis. The rotated logs are NOT compressed & are taking up too much space. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zachs
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to grep multiple pattern present in single line and delete that line

here is what i want to achieve.. i have a file with below contents cat fileName blah blah blah . .DROP this REJECT that . --sport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable --dport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable . . . more blah blah blah --dport 3306... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
14 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To find and display the middle line in a file using single line command.

Hi all, How can i display the middle line of a file using a single line command? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakme Pemmaiah
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete line from file using sed command?

hello Team, I want to delete below linux using sed command but I am getting error.sed -i '/url=/status.cgi?hostgroup=/d' 3 error:sed: -e expression #1, char 32: unknown option to `s' Could you please help me with correct syntax. My line contain / character because of that I am getting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghpradeep
4 Replies
CAL(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    CAL(1)

NAME
cal, ncal -- displays a calendar and the date of Easter SYNOPSIS
cal [-3hjy] [-A number] [-B number] [[month] year] cal [-3hj] [-A number] [-B number] -m month [year] ncal [-3hjJpwy] [-A number] [-B number] [-s country_code] [[month] year] ncal [-3hJeo] [-A number] [-B number] [year] ncal [-CN] [-H yyyy-mm-dd] [-d yyyy-mm] DESCRIPTION
The cal utility displays a simple calendar in traditional format and ncal offers an alternative layout, more options and the date of Easter. The new format is a little cramped but it makes a year fit on a 25x80 terminal. If arguments are not specified, the current month is dis- played. The options are as follows: -h Turns off highlighting of today. -J Display Julian Calendar, if combined with the -e option, display date of Easter according to the Julian Calendar. -e Display date of Easter (for western churches). -j Display Julian days (days one-based, numbered from January 1). -m month Display the specified month. If month is specified as a decimal number, it may be followed by the letter 'f' or 'p' to indicate the following or preceding month of that number, respectively. -o Display date of Orthodox Easter (Greek and Russian Orthodox Churches). -p Print the country codes and switching days from Julian to Gregorian Calendar as they are assumed by ncal. The country code as deter- mined from the local environment is marked with an asterisk. -s country_code Assume the switch from Julian to Gregorian Calendar at the date associated with the country_code. If not specified, ncal tries to guess the switch date from the local environment or falls back to September 2, 1752. This was when Great Britain and her colonies switched to the Gregorian Calendar. -w Print the number of the week below each week column. -y Display a calendar for the specified year. -3 Display the previous, current and next month surrounding today. -A number Display the number of months after the current month. -B number Display the number of months before the current month. -C Switch to cal mode. -N Switch to ncal mode. -d yyyy-mm Use yyyy-mm as the current date (for debugging of date selection). -H yyyy-mm-dd Use yyyy-mm-dd as the current date (for debugging of highlighting). A single parameter specifies the year (1-9999) to be displayed; note the year must be fully specified: ``cal 89'' will not display a calendar for 1989. Two parameters denote the month and year; the month is either a number between 1 and 12, or a full or abbreviated name as speci- fied by the current locale. Month and year default to those of the current system clock and time zone (so ``cal -m 8'' will display a calen- dar for the month of August in the current year). Not all options can be used together. For example ``-3 -A 2 -B 3 -y -m 7'' would mean: show me the three months around the seventh month, three before that, two after that and the whole year. ncal will warn about these combinations. A year starts on January 1. Highlighting of dates is disabled if stdout is not a tty. SEE ALSO
calendar(3), strftime(3) HISTORY
A cal command appeared in Version 5 AT&T UNIX. The ncal command appeared in FreeBSD 2.2.6. AUTHORS
The ncal command and manual were written by Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
The assignment of Julian-Gregorian switching dates to country codes is historically naive for many countries. Not all options are compatible and using them in different orders will give varying results. BSD
March 14, 2009 BSD