Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sort and split file by 2 cols (1 col after the other) Post 302338689 by gch on Tuesday 28th of July 2009 04:21:32 PM
Old 07-28-2009
"cut" command maybe an alternative to awk way to split any file with fixed or variable lenghth fields and definable field separator.

Last edited by gch; 07-28-2009 at 05:28 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

join cols from multi files into one file

Hi Fields in Files 1,2,3,4 are pipe"|" separated. Say I want to grep col1 from File1 col3 from File2 col4 from File3 and print to File4 in the following order: col3|col1|col4 what is the best way of doing this? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbshuru
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort & Split records in a file

Hi, I am new to scripting. I need a script to sort and the records in a file and then split them into different files. For example, the file is: H1...................... H2...................... D2.................... D2.................... H1........................... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunitha_edi82
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find number of Cols in a file ?

Hi I have a requirement wherein the file is comma separated. Each records seems to have different number of columns, how I can detect like a row index wise, how many columns are present ? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Match col 1 of File 1 with col 1 File 2 and create a 3rd file

Hello, I have a 1.6 GB file that I would like to modify by matching some ids in col1 with the ids in col 1 of file2.txt and save the results into a 3rd file. For example: File 1 has 1411 rows, I ignore how many columns it has (thousands) File 2 has 311 rows, 1 column Would like to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sogi
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Print line based on highest value of col (B) and repetion of values in col (A)

Hello everyone, I am writing a script to process data from the ATP world tour. I have a file which contains: t=540 y=2011 r=1 p=N409 t=540 y=2011 r=2 p=N409 t=540 y=2011 r=3 p=N409 t=540 y=2011 r=4 p=N409 t=520 y=2011 r=1 p=N409 t=520 y=2011 r=2 p=N409 t=520 y=2011 r=3 p=N409 The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: imahmoud
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to Insert values in multiple lines(records) within a pipe delimited text file in specific cols

this is Korn shell unix. The scenario is I have a pipe delimited text file which needs to be customized. say for example,I have a pipe delimited text file with 15 columns(| delimited) and 200 rows. currently the 11th and 12th column has null values for all the records(there are other null columns... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasan2815
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing from col x to end of line, except last col

Hello, I have some tab delimited data and I need to move the last col. I could hard code it, awk '{ print $1,$NF,$2,$3,$4,etc }' infile > outfile but it would be nice to know the syntax to print a range cols. I know in cut you can do, cut -f 1,4-8,11- to print fields 1,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying col values based on another col

Hi, Please help with this. I have several excel files (with and .xlsx format) with 10-15 columns each. They all have the same type of data but the columns are not ordered in the same way. Here is a 3 column example. What I want to do add the alphabet from column 2 to column 3, provided... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie83
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort and Split file with header and custom name

Hi, I am using SUN SOLARIS (SunOS sun4v sparc SUNW, T5240). I have a huge data file with header and trailer. This file gets used into an ETL process. ETL skips the header record (which is the first record of the file) and loads the rest of the record. The file can be delimited (comma,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saanvi1
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sort files to the split second

I need a similar sort, I need to sort the directory by time, but time needs to be to the second or smaller. Using ls -lt but that is only to the minute. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mwlaursen
3 Replies
TableMatrix::Spreadsheet(3pm)				       perl/Tk Documentation				     TableMatrix::Spreadsheet(3pm)

NAME
Tk::TableMatrix::Spreadsheet - Table Display with Spreadsheet-like bindings. SYNOPSIS
use Tk; use Tk::TableMatrix::Spreadsheet; my $t = $top->Scrolled('Spreadsheet', -rows => 21, -cols => 11, -width => 6, -height => 6, -titlerows => 1, -titlecols => 1, -variable => $arrayVar, -selectmode => 'extended', -titlerows => 1, -titlecols => 1, -bg => 'white', ); DESCRIPTION
Tk::TableMatrix::Spreadsheet is a Tk::TableMatrix-derived widget that implements some bindings so the resulting widget behaves more like a spreadsheet. Bindings Added: o Row/Col resize handles appear when the cursor is placed over a row/col border line in the rol/col title area. Dragging these handles will resize the row or column. If multiple rows or columns are selected, then the new row/col size will apply to all row/cols selected. Note: With the base Tk::TableMatrix, it is possible to resize the row/cols by dragging on any cell border. To be more spreadsheet-like, Tk::TableMatrix::Spreadsheet defaults to enable row/col resizing only thru the title row/col dragging. To override this default behavoir, set the -resizeborder option to 'both' at startup. o A popup menu for row/col insert/delete appears when the mouse is right-clicked in the row/col title areas. o Cells activate (i.e. the contents become edit-able) only when the cell is double-clicked or the F2 button is pressed. The default Tk::TableMatrix behavior is for the cell to be activated when the cell is single-clicked. o The Escape key causes any changes made to a cell to be canceled and the current selection cleared. o The return key causes the the current cell to move down. o The tab (or shift tab) key causes the current cell to be moved to the right (left). o The delete key will delete the current selection, if no cell is currently active. o The Mouse button 2 (middle button) paste from the PRIMARY. (Control-v pastes from the clipboard). Additional Information Widget methods, options, etc, are inherited from the Tk::TableMatrix widget. See its docs for additional information. Tk1.23 2007-01-09 TableMatrix::Spreadsheet(3pm)