Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting call a script from another script passing parameters Post 302338642 by Lenora2009 on Tuesday 28th of July 2009 01:44:20 PM
Old 07-28-2009
call a script from another script passing parameters

I want to call script2 from script1 passing parameters. I want to read the parameters list in script1, check the local directory (for example - lpath1|lpath2|lpath3|lpath4|lpath5|) for the existance of files and set the` lcount` to the number of files in this folder (`
lpath1|lpath2|lpath3|lpath4|lpath5`)

- if lcount > 0 , I want to call script2 with input parameters and then process the next line of the parameter list

Here is an example of a parameter list:
key1|IP1|user1|pass1|lpath1|lpath2|lpath3|lpath4|lpath5|lcount|rpath1|rpath2|rpath3|rpath4|rpath5|em ail1 |email2

key2|IP2|user2|pass2|lpath1|lpath2|lpath3|lpath4|lpath5|lcount|rpath1|rpath2|rpath3|rpath4|rpath5|em ail1 |email2

Key3|IP3|user3|pass3|lpath1|lpath2|lpath3|lpath4|lpath5|lcount|rpath1|rpath2|rpath3|rpath4|rpath5|em ail1 |email2

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing parameters in script

I have 2 scripts: script1 and script2 Script1 passes 4 parameters to script2 as follows #script1 code ... ... script2 $var1 $var2 $var3 $var4 Script2 uses the export command to know to expect these values #script2 export $1 $2 $3 $4 code ... ... The problem that I am having is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eliguy
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing parameters from a shell script to sqlplus

Hi , I want to pass parameters from a shell script to a sql script and use the parameter in the sql query ..and then I want to spool a particular select query on to my unix box... for 4 different locations by writing only one sql script Right now no file is generated on the unix box...it is a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random parameters passing in FTP script

Hi I have a question. In the FTP script if we are passing all the required value like Hostname, username, password, Action(put or get), Filename, & mode(ascii or binary) through parameters then we have to pass these in the exact orders in which they are taken like if we defined Username=$2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sourabhshakya
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

call shell script with named parameters

Could someone help me to call a shell script with named parameters. I mean Callscript .sh -c someconfigfile.txt or callscript.sh -config someconfigfile.txt inside the script how can I retrieve someconfigfile.txt using the parametername -c or -config. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rvijay80
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameters to Shell script for GREP command

I am using grep to capture date from a file . Since i need to use the shell script for different dates ,is it possible to pass the date parameter to the shell script the Script is as below grep -E "08 Aug 2008|2008-08-08"* somefile.txt>test.txt The above script file greps the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sud.tech
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing parameters from a script to a datastage job

We have a requirement as follows. We have created a datastage job that will be doing the select operation from table (select query from a table). The datastage job is being invoked by a unix shell script(ksh). We are passing the "table name (STUD_DETAILS)" and a "where clause condition... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing parameters to the script

how can i make a script to run only when parameters are given, if parameters are not given it should through an error , saying "please enter a parameter" for ex: i want a find command to run only when the parameters are given (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: knip
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script passing parameters to sqlplus code

Hello All, I am interested in finding out a way to pass parameters that are entered at the prompt from HP unix and passed to SQLPlus code with a Shell Script. Is this possible? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: compprog11
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call a bash script with positional parameters?

Hi, I have a script which will be executed using the below command, bin/nutch crawl urls -dir /data/test/ bin/nutch - Script file crawl, urls, /data/test/ - Parameters -dir - Option The above script should executed from a shell script named test.sh. I have the below code to execute... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing command line parameters into script

Not a good post. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
1 Replies
mfontset_lookup(3m17n)						 The m17n Library					    mfontset_lookup(3m17n)

NAME
mfontset_lookup - Lookup a fontset. SYNOPSIS
MPlist * mfontset_lookup (MFontset * fontset, MSymbol script, MSymbol language, MSymbol charset) DESCRIPTION
Lookup a fontset. The mfontset_lookup() function lookups fontset and returns a plist that describes the contents of fontset corresponding to the specified script, language, and charset. If script is Mt, keys of the returned plist are script name symbols for which some fonts are specified and values are NULL. If script is a script name symbol, the returned plist is decided by language. o If language is Mt, keys of the plist are language name symbols for which some fonts are specified and values are NULL. A key may be Mt which means some fallback fonts are specified for the script. o If language is a language name symbol, the plist is a FONT-GROUP for the specified script and language. FONT-GROUP is a plist whose keys are FLT (FontLayoutTable) name symbols (Mt if no FLT is associated with the font) and values are pointers to MFont. o If language is Mnil, the plist is fallback FONT-GROUP for the script. If script is Mnil, the returned plist is decided as below. o If charset is Mt, keys of the returned plist are charset name symbols for which some fonts are specified and values are NULL. o If charset is a charset name symbol, the plist is a FONT-GROUP for the charset. o If charset is Mnil, the plist is a fallback FONT-GROUP. RETURN VALUE
It returns a plist describing the contents of a fontset. The plist should be freed by m17n_object_unref(). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Information-technology Promotion Agency (IPA) Copyright (C) 2001-2011 National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html>. Version 1.6.2 12 Jan 2011 mfontset_lookup(3m17n)