Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Coping Files for a specific date range Post 302338639 by kolariya4u on Tuesday 28th of July 2009 01:29:47 PM
Old 07-28-2009
Coping Files for a specific date range

Hi,

we have file name appended by date in yymmdd format .. ex: abc090101.dat

I need to copy all the files between abc090101 to abc090331..

could you plz help me..

Thanks.

Last edited by kolariya4u; 07-28-2009 at 02:42 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving Files within a particular date range

Hi, Can someone please help me with this. Actually i want to move files from one directory to another directory , But I just want to move files of a specific data range. For ex: This is my directory which contains all fine. /home/Rooh Then there is a long listing of files. suppose this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rooh
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cp only files in certain date range

hi all, I'm trying to do a cp only on files I created on a given day or within a certain date range. What's the best way to do this? Cheers, KL (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ee7klt
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search files between a date range

Hi people A newbie here, thrown into the deep end. I want to select the group of files with in a range of dates and perform some operation on it. Are there inbuild date libraries i can use? I did read thru the old posts on this topic. Couldnt get much idea :(, basically want to know how I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zcanji
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get Data Between a specific Date Range from logs

I need to extract data from logs for a mentioned date range..Its quite urgent can anyone help me out with it..its to be written in unix..just thought its better to specify.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pattern search using grep in specific range of files

Hi, I am trying to do the following: grep -l <pattern> <files to be searched for> In <files to be searched for> , all files should of some specific date like "Apr 8" not all files in current directory. I just to search within files Apr 8 files so that it won't search in entire list of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apjneeraj
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a specific data in a file based on a date range

Hi, Currently I am working on a script to automate the process of converting the log file from binary into text format. To achieve this, partly I am depending on my application’s utility for this conversion and the rest I am relying on shell commands to search for directory, locate the file and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for a specific String in a log file for a specific date range

Hi, I have log file which rolls out every second which is as this. HttpGenRequest - -<!--OXi dbPublish--> <created="2014-03-24 23:45:37" lastMsgId="" requestTime="0.0333"> <response request="getOutcomeDetails" code="114" message="Request found no matching data" debug="" provider="undefined"/>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikprakash
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Find Files within date Range

Hi i am looking to expand a command i am using to find files in a large file system. i am currently using find /raid/JOBFLOW_LOCKED/ -type f -size +3G | -exec mv {} /raid/JOBFLOW_LOCKED/KILL \; This works really well but i would like to add a date range to the same command to refine it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search specific string logfile specific date range

Hi, I have logfile like this.. === 2014-02-09 15:46:59,936 INFO RequestContext - URL: '/eyisp/sc/skins/EY/images/pickers/comboBoxPicker_Over.png', User-Agent: 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko': Unsupported with Accept-Encoding header === 2015-02-09... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishk
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find the count of files by last created date based on the given date range

My unix version is IBM AIX Version 6.1 I tried google my requirement and found the below answer, find . -newermt “2012-06-15 08:13" ! -newermt “2012-06-15 18:20" But newer command is not working in AIX version 6.1 unix I have given my requirement below: Input: atr files: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yuvaa27
1 Replies
YESTERDAY(1)						      General Commands Manual						      YESTERDAY(1)

NAME
yesterday - print file names from the dump SYNOPSIS
yesterday [ -c ] [ -date ] files ... DESCRIPTION
Yesterday prints the names of the files from the most recent dump. Since dumps are done early in the morning, yesterday's files are really in today's dump. For example, if today is March 17, 1992, yesterday /adm/users prints /n/dump/1992/0317/adm/users In fact, the implementation is to select the most recent dump in the current year, so the dump selected may not be from today. With option -c, yesterday copies the dump file to the current directory. The date option selects other day's dumps, with a format of 2, 4, 6, or 8 digits of the form dd, mmdd, yymmdd, or yyyymmdd. Yesterday does not guarantee that the string it prints represents an existing file. EXAMPLES
Back up to yesterday's MIPS binary of vc: cd /mips/bin yesterday -c vc Temporarily back up to March 1's MIPS C library to see if a program runs correctly when loaded with it: bind `{yesterday -0301 /mips/lib/libc.a} /mips/lib/libc.a rm v.out mk v.out FILES
/n/dump SOURCE
/rc/bin/yesterday SEE ALSO
fs(4) BUGS
It's hard to use this command without singing. YESTERDAY(1)