Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Converting file format
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Converting file format Post 302338601 by peterro on Tuesday 28th of July 2009 11:06:15 AM
Old 07-28-2009
Code:
sed -e 's/|/        /g' input_file

where the tab is input with: CTRL-v TAB

output:

Code:
abc             2       PIN     num                             www.123.com     abc@123.com
bcd             2       PIN     num                                     abc@123.com
efg             2       PIN     num                             www.123.com     abc@123.com
dbd             2       PIN     num                                     abc@123.com

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting the File Creation Date to a new format

I need to capture a file's creation/modification date and time and convert this to a different format, whilst I can easily get the existing format from a ls -l | awk ' { print $......}' or a cut command I do not know how to convert it to a desired format? I should add that at present the ls -l... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: barney_clough
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting config file to csv format

Hello, For 2 days now i've been searching for a solution to this. I am now beginning to doubt this is even possible. It's even harder when you don't know how to search for it. (which keywords generate enough relevancy etc..) I need to parse a config file to generate a CSV file in return. It... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zer0dvide
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sybase Interface file and converting in text format.

Does anyone knows how to decode the address in interface file using shell , i have done it using perl but can it be done in shell. master tli tcp /dev/tcp \x00021004ac1414230000000000000000 query tli tcp /dev/tcp \x00021004ac1414230000000000000000 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Unicode file to UTF8 format

Hi, I have a file in my desktop which is a unicode format. After this file is transferred to Unix using FTP, we are seeing some special character (like rectangle box type) at the first line. The same file is saved as UTF8 (using textpad tool, selecting encode to UTF-8 option) on my desktopand... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vfrg
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting binary file to readable format in Ksh

In Unix/Ksh, when I try to look inside a file it says that the file may be a binary file and if I want to see it anyway. When i say 'yes', it shows me the content filled with unreadable symbols (looks like binary). Is there a command that I can run from the Unix prompt to convert/translate that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arthurs
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting windows format file to unix format using script

Hi, I am having couple of files which i used to copy from windows to Linux, so now in case of text files (CTRL^M) appears at end of line. I know i can convert this windows format file to unix format file by running dos2unix. My requirement here is that i want to do it automatically using a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Converting the date format in a flat file

Hi All, I am new to this forum, could any one help me out in resolving the below issue. Input of the flat file contains several lines of text for example find below: 5022090,2,4,7154,88,,,,,4/1/2011 0:00,Z,L,2 5022090,3,1,6648,88,,,,,4/1/2011 0:00,Z,,1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: av_sagar
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format problem while converting text file to csv

Hi , I need a help in following scenario.I tried searching in google but couldn't able to find the exact answer. Sorry if i am re-posting already answered query. While i am trying to convert into log file into csv i couldn't able to get the format which i am looking for. I converted file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varmas424
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in converting the file format

Hi All, I need help in converting the mentioned file format into desired output format using awk. Could anyone help me in this? Below is the input.. Date Account Campaign AdGroup Keyword Conversion Revenue Var1 Var2 Var3 Var4 Var5 10 20 30 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi S M
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help required in converting a file format

My file format: -------------------------------------------------- Complete Consistency Check Valid Area : VALID:VALID Started by : esanwad Started at : Thu Dec 11 16:04:46 2014 CNA version : R21H04_EC08 Check range : AREA VALID/VALID ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gautam Banerjee
4 Replies
WESTCOS-TOOL(1) 						   OpenSC Tools 						   WESTCOS-TOOL(1)

NAME
westcos-tool - utility for manipulating data structures on westcos smart cards SYNOPSIS
westcos-tool [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
The westcos-tool utility is used to manipulate the westcos data structures on 2 Ko smart cards / tokens. Users can create PINs, keys and certificates stored on the card / token. User PIN authentication is performed for those operations that require it. OPTIONS
--change-pin, -n Changes a PIN stored on the card. User authentication is required for this operation. --certificate file, -t file Write certificate file file in PEM format to the card. User authentication is required for this operation. --finalize, -f Finalize the card. Once finalized the default key is invalidated, so PIN and PUK cannot be changed anymore without user authentication. Warning, un-finalized are insecure because PIN can be changed without user authentication (knowledge of default key is enough). --generate-key, -g Generate a private key on the card. The card must not have been finalized and a PIN must be installed (ie. the file for ithe PIN must havei been created, see option -i). By default the key length is 1536 bits. User authentication is required for this operation. --help, -h Print help message on screen. --install-pin, -i Install PIN file in on the card. You must provide a PIN value with -x. --key-length length, -l length Change the length of private key. Use with -g. --overwrite-key, -o Overwrite the key if there is already a key on the card. --pin-value value, -x value Set value of PIN. --puk-value value, -y value set value of PUK (or value of new PIN for change PIN command see -n). --read-file path, -j path Read the file path from the card. The file is written on disk with name path. User authentication is required for this operation. --reader num, -r num Use the given reader. The default is the first reader with a card. --unblock-pin, -u Unblocks a PIN stored on the card. Knowledge of the PIN Unblock Key (PUK) is required for this operation. -v Causes westcos-tool to be more verbose. Specify this flag several times to enable debug output in the OpenSC library. --wait, -w Wait for a card to be inserted. --write-file path, -k path Put the file with name path from disk to card. On the card the file is written in path. User authentication is required for this operation. AUTHORS
westcos-tool was written by Francois Leblanc <francois.leblanc@cev-sa.com>. opensc 06/17/2014 WESTCOS-TOOL(1)