Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Solaris 10 - Compiling package from source? Different from pkgadd? Post 302338564 by agummad on Tuesday 28th of July 2009 09:26:32 AM
Old 07-28-2009
Solaris 10 - Compiling package from source? Different from pkgadd?

Hey everyone,

I'm using a SPARC based Solaris 10 5/09 machine and want to install PHP support to it. I already have mysql and apache( came with OS, just started the proccess) installed, so this is the last thing before I can get to learning development Smilie However, there's something I'm not sure about.

I downloaded php 5.2.10 from PHP: Downloads but this is the "source". I'm thinking this is not installed via the usual package installation with pkgadd, there might be a compilation step involved.( I assume this because I downloaded the companion cd and all the packages are separated from the source - *,tar.bz2, same as the file i have. Am i wrong?)
How do I compile the source package before I pkgadd them? And, since this is php, is there something altogether different that i need to worry about?

Thank you very much for the help,
AG

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

bash...Not found through where(compiling source file)

Hi i have compiled and installed bash 3.2 on my hp-ux parisc its in path /usr/local/pkg/bash/bin/bash .....When im search for this bash (through whereis bash) im not findind but other which i hve done in same procedure( gettext,m4) ..Im able to find through whereis search option can any1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
3 Replies

2. Programming

Help with Compiling large source file using g++

HI All, I m compiling a 27 MB cpp file and compiler crashes. My enviroment : RH 9, compiler g++ how i m compiling g++ -fPIC -DWITH_OPENSSL -DWITH_COOKIES -c soapC.cpp it took almost 30 -32 to throw error like report bug etc. I will post the same error, but if can any body tell how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: helpmeforlinux
2 Replies

3. Solaris

pkgadd missing on Solaris 11

Hi, This is not a question thread, but rather a solution to an issue I have encountered on Solaris 11. It turns out that pkgadd is not available by default on Solaris 11. The solution is to install it with: pkg install SUNWpkgcmdsI hope this will save people some time. Cheers, ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JVerstry
4 Replies

4. AIX

Compiling samba from source in AIX 5.3

Hello all. I have never had any issues like this when compiling applications from source. When I try to compile samba-3.5.0pre2, configure runs with no issues, but when the time comes to make, this happens: make: make 1254-025 There must be an existing description file or specify a target. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Variable not expanding during Solaris pkgadd

I'm having a little trouble with a Solaris package build/install. I have the following entries in my prototype file... # Interfaces file - all versions installed and auto linked to installation type... f none $OPTDIR/config/interfaces.DEV 0444 $OWNER $GROUP f none... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JerryHone
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find dependancies of .dstream package (Solaris) & .rpm package( linux)

Friends, Please let meknow, How we can find the dependancies of .dstream package & .rpm package before installation ? For AIX, We can use the inutoc . command to create the .toc file for the bff package, What about Solaris & Linux ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yb4779
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

environment variables for compiling from source

Hello, I was trying to istall Gdkpixbuff 2.26.1 in my laptop ubuntu 11.10, when I did: ./configure and I got these error message *** 'pkg-config --modversion glib-2.0' returned 2.33.1, but GLIB (2.30.0) was found! If pkg-config was correct, then it is best *** to remove the old version of GLib.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yifangt
1 Replies

8. Programming

Compiling C++ source file

I am trying to compile a c++ source file print_options.cpp and getting lot of errors g++ -I/media/ios120/chrisd/research/tomso-branches/tomso_12_05 /media/ios120/chrisd/research/tomso-branches/tomso_12_05/libs/program_options/print_options.cpp In file included from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compiling source code issue

Need assistance in compile a source code with PERL flags Compile source code CDFconvert-2.2.3 which requires Fortran 90,Perl interpreter , Perl/TK module , NetCDF library , Gempak I have all the above required libraries . Issue is when compiling the source code it looks for local... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Pkgadd failures with Solaris 11

I have some simple package installations that have worked in previous versions of Solaris just fine. I can install the packages, then install newer versions right over the top without error. In previous versions I had to specify the -G option during the installation in order for this to work. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moondog25
0 Replies
php-config(1)							Scripting Language						     php-config(1)

NAME
php-config - get information about PHP configuration and compile options SYNOPSIS
php-config [options] DESCRIPTION
php-config is a simple shell script for obtaining information about installed PHP configuration. OPTIONS
--prefix Directory prefix where PHP is installed, e.g. /usr/local --includes List of -I options with all include files --ldflags LD Flags which PHP was compiled with --libs Extra libraries which PHP was compiled with --man-dir The directory prefix where the manpages is installed --extension-dir Directory where extensions are searched by default --include-dir Directory prefix where header files are installed by default --php-binary Full path to php CLI or CGI binary --php-sapis Show all SAPI modules installed on the Debian system --configure-options Configure options to recreate configuration of current PHP installation --version PHP version --vernum PHP version as integer SEE ALSO
php(1) VERSION INFORMATION
This manpage describes php, version 7.0.33-6+ubuntu18.04.1+deb.sury.org+3. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997-2017 The PHP Group This source file is subject to version 3.01 of the PHP license, that is bundled with this package in the file LICENSE, and is available through the world-wide-web at the following url: http://www.php.net/license/3_01.txt If you did not receive a copy of the PHP license and are unable to obtain it through the world-wide-web, please send a note to license@php.net so we can mail you a copy immediately. The PHP Group 2017 php-config(1)