Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete the lines before the first instance of the keyword Post 302338539 by lathavim on Tuesday 28th of July 2009 08:04:48 AM
Old 07-28-2009
How about this?

Code:

sed -n '/ravi kumar/,/*/p' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut lines before keyword

Hi, How to cut all lines in file before keyword? from 1 2333214 word ...... some text 2 234343 234234 word ...... some text 3 234324 324 3234 word ...... some text to 1 2333214 2 234343 234234 3 234324 324 3234 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trump
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i delete a keyword starting with x in unix

I am trying to delete key word starting with x in a unix text file. example, I am trying to delete the words like xaa,xabxbb,xbd and so on.... my input file is some thing like this xaaa w 1234 5678 rwsd ravi xw123 xbc3 ohrd want to delete words xaaa,xw123 and xbc3 from the above... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete the lines after the last instance of the keyword

I have my input sometyhing like this aaa bbbbbb cccccc ddddd eeeee 1234 ravi kumar aaaaaa vvvvvvv 5678 ravi kumar rrrrrrr mmmmmmm I want the output as follows. aaa bbbbbb cccccc ddddd eeeee 1234 ravi kumar aaaaaa vvvvvvv 5678 ravi kumar (2 Replies)
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search for keyword in subsequent lines and delete the second line

I have my data something like this I need to search for the keyword yyyy in the susequent lines and if it is present, delete the second line with keyword. In other words, if a keywords is found in two subsequent lines delete the second line. input data: aaaa bbbbb cccc dddd xxxx... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i delete a keyword containing XYZ in unix

Hi all, I am trying to remove the words which has XYZ as a prt of that. My input file is something like this : PHNDAZLF-UPS-XYZ' aaaaaaa bbbbb ADFRTEJKS-XYZ cccccccc ddddddd rrrrrr SGETHEHDJ-ABC-RXY' hhhhh ttttt' kkkk FHJSKSJDKD-XXX-YYY Output expected is : aaaaaaa... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed/awk: Delete matching words leaving only the first instance

I have an input text that looks like this (comes already sorted): on Caturday 22 at 10:15, some event on Caturday 22 at 10:15, some other event on Caturday 22 at 21:30, even more events on Funday 23 at 11:00, yet another event I need to delete all the matching words between the lines, from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GrinningArmor
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to delete a line having a particular keyword

Hi Geeks :b:, I need to delete a line from file that contains a particular keyword. I had read in some forum of unix.com that below code could be used sed "/$titlesearch/d" movielist >tmp mv tmp movielist But my file contains lines which contain slashes (/) FOr eg: /etc/movie/title/... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajincoep
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Lines Containg a Keyword

Hi , I have two files, say KEY_FILE and the MAIN_FILE. I am trying to read the KEY_FILE which has only one column and look for this column data in the MAIN_FILE to extract all the rows that have this key. I have written a script to do so, but somehow it is not returning all the rows ( It... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheel
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying all the lines starting with some keyword

consider the contents of a file has many stuff including few stuff that i need.. so i perfromed the below function cat filename | grep "ALTER TABLE" its output is as shown below . . . . . SET @sql:=CONCAT('ALTER TABLE RecordMixProfile AUTO_INCREMENT=', @maxId) ; SET... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract lines from text after keyword

I have a text and I want to extract the 4 lines following a keyword! For example if I have this text and the keyword is AAA hello helloo AAA one two three four helloooo hellooo I want the output to be one two three four (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: stekanius
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)