Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Script migration issues Post 302338479 by matrixmadhan on Tuesday 28th of July 2009 04:09:22 AM
Old 07-28-2009
What's the shell used in Solaris 8 and what will be used in Solaris 10? Is it ksh in both the versions?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script performance issues --Urgent

I need help in awk please help immediatly. This below function is taking lot of time Please help me to fine tune it so that it runs faster. The file count is around 3million records # Process Body processbody() { #set -x while read line do ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: icefish
18 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell script programming issues

I'm having trouble running this script. I'm new to Unix so be kind please. #!/bin/sh # Test to make sure only a single parameter is passed from the # command line. if then echo "Usage: AC.sh <directory>" exit fi # Is the parameter a directory test if then echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FSUdude08
3 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

shell script that can create, monitor the log files and report the issues for matching pattern

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write an automated shell program(s) that can create, monitor the log files and report the issues for matching... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itian2010
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

Migration - Compiler Issues.

All, We are migrating an application from HP-UX B.11.00 to HP-UX B.11.31 and both of them have the same informix version - 7.25se. However the compilers are different on both servers. HP-UX B.11.00 - has B3913DB C.03.33 HP aC++ Compiler (S800) HP-UX B.11.31 - has PHSS_40631 1.0 HP C/aC++... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: helper
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script execution issues

Hi, There's a shell script by name "download", which has been created as user "mgr" and that script needs to executed as user "dev". I tried giving privileges 701 on the script download. But it's throwing the error message bin]$ ./download /bin/bash: ./download: Permission denied ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesh17
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl program to run a Shell script issues...

Hi all, I have the following Perl script which is intended to run a Shell script and generate some logging for the purposes of tracking weather or not the script ran. I get an error, of course, since I don't know what I'm doing really. Here is the code: #!/opt/perl/bin/perl -w ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX UNIX (kshell) to Linux Shell Script Migration.

Hi, Could you please let me know what kind of changes/issues commonly occurs at Scripting /command level during AIX Unix (kshell) to Linux shell script migration. (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raghuraman.R
24 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues while trying to run a shell script using the command sh <filename.prog>

Hi, I'm facing issues while trying to run a sample program on Linux. If I try to run the script using the command "sh <filename.prog>", it doesn't work. But, if I try to execute it using the command "ksh <filename.prog>", it works fine. Even ". ./filename.prog" works fine. Can you... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesh17
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing issues with shell script changes

My current requirement is to replace xxyxx string with value of date date1 variable holds a date and the current script writes html tags to a file as follows echo date1 nawk 'BEGIN{ FS="," print "<HTML>""<HEAD>""<p>Hi All,<br><br>There are no cases closed on the xxyxx" print ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh A S
2 Replies
biomaj(1)							   USER COMMANDS							 biomaj(1)

NAME
biomaj - downloads and transform remote biological data banks SYNOPSIS
biomaj [-h] DESCRIPTION
BioMAJ (BIOlogie Mise A Jour) is a workflow engine dedicated to data synchronization and processing.The Software automates the update cycle and the supervision of the locally mirrored databank repository. User must have roots rights to run biomaj. OPTIONS
-h display the list of commands. INSTALL
At installation, BioMAJ requires a database to run (MySQL), installer should first create a database (biomaj_log) and a database user (the one used at installation setup). The database configuration for biomaj can be set or modified in /etc/biomaj/db_properties/global.properties. In the install fails due to a SQL error, the install script must be manually run to create/upgrade the database: perl /usr/share/biomaj/sql/migration/update.pl The script will create/upgrade the database and update the configuration files. ADMIN USER
A default admin user (admin) is created by the scripts. If using the biomaj-watcher, the default password (admin) MUST be changed immedi- atly via the watcher interface. If only biomaj core is used, password is useless. .PP UPGRADE
In the case of a package upgrade, if properly configured, the migration scripts will be ran automatically at install. It is possible to run manually the script: .B See perl /usr/share/biomaj/sql/migration/update.pl -h for usage. DATA BANKS
By default, biomaj is configured (data.dir in global.properties) to write banks to /var/lib/biomaj. EXAMPLES
Update a bank: biomaj --update genbank Show console biomaj --update genbank --console Show status: biomaj --status EXIT STATUS
biomaj returns a zero exist status if it succeeds, it does not represent the bank update status. AUTHOR
Olivier Sallou (olivier.sallou (at) irisa.fr) Romaric Sabas (romaric.sabas (at) irisa.fr) version 1.2.0 September 14, 2011 biomaj(1)