Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Get the newest files based on date Post 302338369 by Beginer0705 on Monday 27th of July 2009 04:54:43 PM
Old 07-27-2009
vidyadhar85,

Perfect. This is the code I need.

Thank you!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove files based on date

I am trying to write a shell script that will remove files in a directory based on the date. For instance, remove all files older than yesterday. Any ideas? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count of files based on date?

Hi Friends, Can anyone help me with this: To get the count of files that are existing in a directory created on a perticular date like in the example (01/08) .(having same pattern for the filename) ex: FileName Creted Date FILE001 01/08/2007 FILE005 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbasetty
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files based on date

Hi all i am having so many files in my directory.Is there any option to copy files based on date. example i am having file this -rw-rw-r-- 1 ram user 1 Feb 2 17:12 abc -rw-rw-r-- 1 ram user 1 Feb 2 17:12 bnw -rwxrwxr-x 1 ram user 21122 Feb 4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting the files based on the date's

I have to write one script which will delete the files in the below passion. If today is 17-Feb-2010 then the script delete only 17-JAN-2010 files from the directory. Could you please help me, How will I delete the files when the year is leap year, if today is 30th Mar 2010 then how will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kandi.reddy
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove files based on date

Hello team, I have a number of files in a folder which are dated yesterday and today.Can i remove all the files which i created today based on date?? is there any syntax for this ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kanakaraju
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the files based on date..

Hi to every one , i had ascenario like this.. i had path like export/home/pmutv/test/ in this i will recive 43 files daily with each file having that days date i.e like product.sh.20110512 like this i will 43 files every day i had to find the files. if files are avaliable i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apple2685
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find the count of files by last created date based on the given date range

My unix version is IBM AIX Version 6.1 I tried google my requirement and found the below answer, find . -newermt “2012-06-15 08:13" ! -newermt “2012-06-15 18:20" But newer command is not working in AIX version 6.1 unix I have given my requirement below: Input: atr files: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yuvaa27
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find file by filename or with newest modified date

Hi, I have a directory that has numerous files in it, and there is two which are named "filerec_ddmmyyHH24MMSS" by the time they are created so "filerec_010615012250" was created at 01:22:50 on 1st June 2015. I need to find the most recently created of those 2 files and get the contents of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: finn
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all but 3 newest files

This is related to my post on backup up files. I really appreciate all the help too. :-) I would like to delete all but the 3 newest files in my backup directory. /media/andy/MAXTOR_SDB1/Ubuntu_Mate_18.04/ For example Ubuntu_Documents.zip_09Aug2018_12_00... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find the files based on date from filelist

Hi All, I have a filelist which contains the "ls" output, i want to extract the filenames written in this files based on date. I know i can run loop and extract the file but i want to avoid it. also there is find command which can be used on directory i.e. find . -type f -newermt "2019-09-25"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarinfa
3 Replies
NOTMUCH-SEARCH(1)					      General Commands Manual						 NOTMUCH-SEARCH(1)

NAME
notmuch-search - Search for messages matching the given search terms. SYNOPSIS
notmuch search [options...] <search-term>... DESCRIPTION
Search for messages matching the given search terms, and display as results the threads containing the matched messages. The output consists of one line per thread, giving a thread ID, the date of the newest (or oldest, depending on the sort option) matched message in the thread, the number of matched messages and total messages in the thread, the names of all participants in the thread, and the subject of the newest (or oldest) message. See notmuch-search-terms(7) for details of the supported syntax for <search-terms>. Supported options for search include --format=(json|text) Presents the results in either JSON or plain-text (default). --output=(summary|threads|messages|files|tags) summary Output a summary of each thread with any message matching the search terms. The summary includes the thread ID, date, the num- ber of messages in the thread (both the number matched and the total number), the authors of the thread and the subject. threads Output the thread IDs of all threads with any message matching the search terms, either one per line (--format=text) or as a JSON array (--format=json). messages Output the message IDs of all messages matching the search terms, either one per line (--format=text) or as a JSON array (--format=json). files Output the filenames of all messages matching the search terms, either one per line (--format=text) or as a JSON array (--for- mat=json). tags Output all tags that appear on any message matching the search terms, either one per line (--format=text) or as a JSON array (--format=json). --sort=(newest-first|oldest-first) This option can be used to present results in either chronological order (oldest-first) or reverse chronological order (new- est-first). Note: The thread order will be distinct between these two options (beyond being simply reversed). When sorting by oldest-first the threads will be sorted by the oldest message in each thread, but when sorting by newest-first the threads will be sorted by the newest message in each thread. By default, results will be displayed in reverse chronological order, (that is, the newest results will be displayed first). --offset=[-]N Skip displaying the first N results. With the leading '-', start at the Nth result from the end. --limit=N Limit the number of displayed results to N. --exclude=(true|false|flag) Specify whether to omit messages matching search.tag_exclude from the search results (the default) or not. The extra option flag only has an effect when --output=summary In this case all matching threads are returned but the "match count" is the number of matching non-excluded messages in the thread. SEE ALSO
notmuch(1), notmuch-config(1), notmuch-count(1), notmuch-dump(1), notmuch-hooks(5), notmuch-new(1), notmuch-reply(1), notmuch-restore(1), notmuch-search-terms(7), notmuch-show(1), notmuch-tag(1) Notmuch 0.13.2 2012-06-01 NOTMUCH-SEARCH(1)