Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO SATA Hard Disk support by SCO OpenServer 5.05 Post 302338298 by rakeshkumar9919 on Monday 27th of July 2009 01:18:28 PM
Old 07-27-2009
SATA Hard Disk support by SCO OpenServer 5.05

Is SATA hard disk is suooprted by SCO OpenServer 5.05? If No, how to couter this problem. If yes, please provide the installation steps.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

adding hard disk from SCO OpSer in SCO 5.06

Hi! Sorry, but I am'not spesialist in SCO OpenServer. I need to add hard disk from SCO Open Server ( "a") in my SCO OpenServer 5.6. I need data from "a". When I added, I see only swap disk, and didn't see root file system. I need to add IDE and SCSI Please, help me. How right to add disk?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedir
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Can SunBlade 150 support 2 x 160GB hard disk

Hi all, I am a newbies here, Have question regards large hard disk install in SunBlade system. Can SunBlade 150 support 2 x 160GB (internal IDE) ? Want to make sure before buy the hard disks. Anyone had experiences configure large hard disk in SunBlade 150 before ? In the SunBlade 150... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ong.kianseng
2 Replies

3. SCO

sco openserver 5.0.0 boot / root disk

Hi, I have an openserver 5.0.0 machine in the office. The sysad of that machine left years ago without leaving the password to anyone. I was wondering if someone has a copy of the boot / root diskettes (rescue) for this version? Or perhaps if anyone knows a download link / location in the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO openserver 5.0.6 compatible hard disk

my question seems to be simple but i need help on that , actually i am having Fujitsu Siemens Celsius M420 , M440 workstations having 73 GB U320 10 K rpm SCSI HD , i got new HDs 15 K rpm with the same size 68 pins U320 SCSI ,my operating system is SCO Openserver 5.0.6 & Redhat linux release 9 i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamersai
0 Replies

5. SCO

Read Floppy disk in SCO OpenServer 5.0

help me please i am beguinner in SCO operating system how i can read Floppy disk i install SCO OpenServer5.02 i want to /mnt but no result (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: walidfinder
3 Replies

6. SCO

Recover data from failed Hard disk in SCO OpenServer 5.06

One hard disk fail to mount (/dev/data). I had run "fsck /dev/data" then some error occured "unrecoverable error reading SCSI Disk 1 dev 1/104". I need to recover data from disk. please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar9919
1 Replies

7. SCO

Hard disk clone of OpenServer 5.0.0 didn't work, why?

Continuing saga of working on making a retail store more robust by creating a backup clone of the main server, a 1995 era :eek: PC running SCO OpenServer 5.0.0b and a discontinued Point of Sales (POS) software system. I have a PC of the same make and model. The CPU runs faster and it has a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt10
5 Replies

8. Hardware

Hitachi SATA hard disk drive password locked

Hi everyone (see attachments) I bought an HP Elitebook 8460p on eBay and it came with a password-locked Hitachi hard drive which I was told is the original hard drive. I don't know the password for the drive and running the diagnostics tools I see the hard drive is healthy. I tried booting... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sco openserver 6 on hd sata: cloning

Good evening, I should make a full image copy of the 1 terabyte hard drive on an HP WX4600 workstation and is present as the only Sco OpenServer 6 operating system, which I need to run a very old corporate accounting program. Logically, Sco OpenServer 6 on this workstation has been regularly... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: NIGHTPRINCE79
7 Replies
CFREE(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							  CFREE(3)

NAME
cfree - free allocated memory SYNOPSIS
#include <stdlib.h> /* In SunOS 4 */ int cfree(void *ptr); /* In glibc or FreeBSD libcompat */ void cfree(void *ptr); /* In SCO OpenServer */ void cfree(char *ptr, unsigned num, unsigned size); /* In Solaris watchmalloc.so.1 */ void cfree(void *ptr, size_t nelem, size_t elsize); Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): cfree(): _BSD_SOURCE || _SVID_SOURCE DESCRIPTION
This function should never be used. Use free(3) instead. 1-arg cfree In glibc, the function cfree() is a synonym for free(3), "added for compatibility with SunOS". Other systems have other functions with this name. The declaration is sometimes in <stdlib.h> and sometimes in <malloc.h>. 3-arg cfree Some SCO and Solaris versions have malloc libraries with a 3-argument cfree(), apparently as an analog to calloc(3). If you need it while porting something, add #define cfree(p, n, s) free((p)) to your file. A frequently asked question is "Can I use free(3) to free memory allocated with calloc(3), or do I need cfree()?" Answer: use free(3). An SCO manual writes: "The cfree routine is provided for compliance to the iBCSe2 standard and simply calls free. The num and size argu- ments to cfree are not used." RETURN VALUE
The SunOS version of cfree() (which is a synonym for free(3)) returns 1 on success and 0 on failure. In case of error, errno is set to EINVAL: the value of ptr was not a pointer to a block previously allocated by one of the routines in the malloc(3) family. CONFORMING TO
The 3-argument version of cfree() as used by SCO conforms to the iBCSe2 standard: Intel386 Binary Compatibility Specification, Edition 2. SEE ALSO
malloc(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.44 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. 2007-07-26 CFREE(3)