Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Initialize a variable
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Initialize a variable Post 302338238 by Shazin on Monday 27th of July 2009 10:40:01 AM
Old 07-27-2009
Initialize a variable

Hi All,

Please can you advise on how can I initialize a variable with a line.

Suppose i want to initialize x with line redirects.www.virginatlantic.com.conf

Best Regards,
Shazin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

variable initialize question

I have a question about C program for Unix: Do we have to intialize every variable before we use them in C? I thought we have to untill I found some programs are not intialize the variable before they were used. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable Initialize

Hi, i m trying to loop a variable value, Basically i m reading variable value from an input file and using in rest of the program. Bu my problem is when i first time read value and assign to variable it works fine, but in second read it concatinate second value to first value with a LF. I want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolbudy
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nslookup *** Can't initialize resolver

Has anyone seen this message before? I have a DNS problem. Recently DNS has been moved to two new servers, which I can ping. I changed the /etc/resolv.conf to point to these boxes but now I get the *** Can't initialize resolver message. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: korfnz
2 Replies

4. SCO

initialize lp job

I use SCO UNIX from 2 years I need a command or procedure to make all log files empty and restart all counters like lp job number :( :confused: :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharina
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

Can not initialize the floppy

Hello Everyone, Has anyboby ever come across the problem when fd refuses to get initialised. I try to use mediainit command, the fd is being accessed (the fd's LIT is green for some secs) but then I get the message - "Initialize media command failed - permission denied" I checked the diskette,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Andrey Malishev
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

initialize file to zero

hi can anyone tell how to initialize a file to zero (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
3 Replies

7. SCO

How to initialize tape drive

Hi all Just connected a SCSI tape drive to our ScoUnix server running Unixware 7.0.1. The ID assigned to it is 3. When I open ArcServe it is saying that tape drive is not found and I cannot configure it. How can I make the tape drive accessible to the system? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramon82
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Fedora Initialize disklabel

What is the point of Fedora Initialize disklabel and how does it work? How do I check what my current Fedora's disklabel is initialized to? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

initialize a variable only once

hi, i have a script which needs to be run every 10 minutes.This is achieved using crontab utility, it is checking Number of calls on a service... if number of calls are not increasing then it will stop the service else do nothing. Now in the script, i fetch the current value in variable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauravah
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Initialize Variable Using awk Expression

Hello All, What i am trying to do is read the input file delimited by pipe and do further logic like simulating the for loop but using awk not sure if this a right approach but as i was told doing "for i in `cat $file`" is an over kill so trying to replicate the same thing using awk script below.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
6 Replies
LOCALE.CONF(5)							    locale.conf 						    LOCALE.CONF(5)

NAME
locale.conf - Configuration file for locale settings SYNOPSIS
/etc/locale.conf DESCRIPTION
The /etc/locale.conf file configures system-wide locale settings. It is read at early boot by systemd(1). The basic file format of locale.conf is a newline-separated list of environment-like shell-compatible variable assignments. It is possible to source the configuration from shell scripts, however, beyond mere variable assignments, no shell features are supported, allowing applications to read the file without implementing a shell compatible execution engine. Note that the kernel command line options locale.LANG=, locale.LANGUAGE=, locale.LC_CTYPE=, locale.LC_NUMERIC=, locale.LC_TIME=, locale.LC_COLLATE=, locale.LC_MONETARY=, locale.LC_MESSAGES=, locale.LC_PAPER=, locale.LC_NAME=, locale.LC_ADDRESS=, locale.LC_TELEPHONE=, locale.LC_MEASUREMENT=, locale.LC_IDENTIFICATION= may be used to override the locale settings at boot. The locale settings configured in /etc/locale.conf are system-wide and are inherited by every service or user, unless overridden or unset by individual programs or individual users. Depending on the operating system, other configuration files might be checked for locale configuration as well, however only as fallback. /etc/vconsole.conf is usually created and updated using systemd-localed.service(8). localectl(1) may be used to alter the settings in this file during runtime from the command line. Use systemd-firstboot(1) to initialize them on mounted (but not booted) system images. OPTIONS
The following locale settings may be set using /etc/locale.conf: LANG=, LANGUAGE=, LC_CTYPE=, LC_NUMERIC=, LC_TIME=, LC_COLLATE=, LC_MONETARY=, LC_MESSAGES=, LC_PAPER=, LC_NAME=, LC_ADDRESS=, LC_TELEPHONE=, LC_MEASUREMENT=, LC_IDENTIFICATION=. Note that LC_ALL may not be configured in this file. For details about the meaning and semantics of these settings, refer to locale(7). EXAMPLE
Example 1. German locale with English messages /etc/locale.conf: LANG=de_DE.UTF-8 LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8 SEE ALSO
systemd(1), locale(7), localectl(1), systemd-localed.service(8), systemd-firstboot(1) systemd 237 LOCALE.CONF(5)